20 Best Bakeries in Vermont 2023
Bakeries in Vermont are known for their usage of locally-sourced ingredients. Here, bakers and pastry chefs use the finest ingredients to create mouth-watering treats. You will get everything from classic baked goods to more adventurous fare.
These VT bakeries offer delicacies like artisan bread, decadent pastries, and gluten-free options. However, many bakeries focus on creating baked goods while supporting sustainability. Their dedication to traditional techniques and craftsmanship is truly mesmerizing.
20 Best Bakeries in Vermont
1. Delicate Decadence – Barre, Vermont
Delicate Decadence is a family-owned and operated bakery. They specialize in creating custom cakes, bagels, and other goods for various occasions. The bakery emphasizes using the highest quality ingredients to create baked goods that taste delicious. It’s one of the best bakeries in Vermont.
Chief Tim is a master in delivering sweets like classic cakes to more elaborate fondant creations. Cookies, brownies, and pastries are among the other best things here. Delicate Decadence also does catering for private events and weddings.
- Must-try Items: crème brûlée, tiramisu, fruit tartelettes, cheesecakes.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, Sunday by Appointment Only.
- Contact: 802-479-7948
- Nearby Attractions: Largest Zipper in North America, Vermont Historical Society Museum.
Address: 14 N Main St Suite 1006, Barre, VT 05641, United States
Read Best Shopping Malls and Outlets in Vermont
2. King Arthur Baking Company – Norwich, VT
King Arthur Baking Company, one of Vermont’s oldest bakeries, opened its doors in 1790. The place supports a bakery and a baking school that has a scenic view. King Arthur offers the best food in the area, emphasizing fresh ingredients, from flour to sausage.
You will enjoy a leisurely breakfast, lunch, or afternoon coffee and dessert while lounging in the cafe. The retail store contains all the baking supplies and presents. Local jams and maple syrup are among the top items in the retail store kitchen.
Visitors can dine on the outside patio and garden in warmer months. Services like free Wifi, wheelchair access, free parking, and electric car charging are also provided by them.
- Must-try Items: Pastry, Sandwiches, Focaccia bread, Choco chip cookie.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 802-649-3361
- Nearby Attractions: Montshire Museum of Science, Hood Museum of Art.
Address: 135 US Route 5 South, Norwich, Vermont 05055
Read Best Tattoo Shops in Vermont
3. The Bagel Place – South Burlington, VT
The Bagel Place has provided a genuinely new experience to the community since 2012. It is a popular spot for breakfast lovers with delicious food and coffee. The place specializes in fresh, made-to-order bagels that are boiled and baked in the traditional NY style.
They offer a wide variety of bagel flavors, including plain and sesame. Different types of spreads are present, such as cream cheese and capers. You can build a personal bagel sandwich or choose from the menu. Baked goods like muffins, cookies, and brownies are as good as their bagels.
The Bagel Palace operated in two locations, the other in Essex Junction, Vermont. Online orders and pickup are both highly supported by them. They have another outlet in Maple St, Essex Junction, VT.
- Must-try Items: Bacon Egg Cheese, Ham Gouda Melt, Cinnamon Roll, Bagel With Spread.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, Sunday from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Contact: 802-497-2058
- Nearby Attractions: ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain, Ethan Allen Homestead Museum.
Address: 1166 Williston Rd South Burlington, VT 05403
Read Best Breweries in Vermont
4. Red Hen Baking Co.- Middlesex, Vermont
Red Hen Baking Co. is a popular bakery in Middlesex, Vermont, since its establishment in 1999. They have earned a reputation for high-quality, artisanal pastries made from locally sourced ingredients. Their famous bread includes a dizzying array of items, such as seeded baguettes, ciabattas, and more. This extended bread can be purchased here or at any other retail store.
The cafe offers a constantly-evolving menu of pastries, sandwiches, and soups for purchase. Red Hen’s croissants, danishes, and scones are best served with impeccable hot and cold drinks. Services like free Wifi, parking, and wheelchair access are also provided here. Online orders and pickup of the products are highly welcome.
- Must-try Items: Turkey & Cranberry, Green gobbler, Breakfast sandwich, pastry.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Saturday-Sunday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 802-223-5200
- Nearby Attractions: Vermont Historical Society Museum, North Branch Nature Center.
Address: 961 US Route #2 – Suite B Middlesex, VT 05602
Read Best Hair Salons in Vermont
5. Mirabelles Bakery – Burlington, VT
Alison Lane and Andrew Silva opened Mirabelles in 1990 in the serene rolling hills of the Green Mountain State. It is a charming bakery and cafe specializing in handmade pastries, bread, and desserts. Every day fresh baked goods are produced from scratch.
Warm lighting and rustic wooden tables provide a welcoming and cozy atmosphere. They have various pastries, including croissants, scones, muffins, and cinnamon rolls. Their selection of artisanal bread is produced, including baguettes and whole wheat.
Mirabelles is committed to using high-quality, local ingredients for its dishes. Apart from baked goods, they also provide “take & bake” pre-cooked items. The menu presents specials that are changed daily.
- Must-try Items: Croissants, Scones, Cinnamon rolls, and Danish pastries, biscuits.
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday & Sunday closed.
- Contact: 802-658-3074
- Nearby Attractions: ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain, Ethan Allen Homestead Museum, and Historic Sites.
Address: 3060 Williston Road, South Burlington, VT, 05403, United States
Read Best Antique Stores in Vermont
6. Stowe Bee Bakery & Cafe – Stowe, Vermont
Stowe Bee Bakery is an open-kitchen bakery and cafe. It provides baked and all-natural morning pastries, lunch specials, and various sweets and cakes. They produce the finest local, natural products cooked with affection in a laid-back, welcoming setting.
The bakery provides only the highest quality, delectable pastries, amazing sweets, and wholesome meals. Dan and Lisa are the chefs and owners behind preparing daily specials & baked treats. Beverages are offered to complement the baked goods. Stowe Bee Bakery gives out catering services and dinner to go.
- Must-try Items: Sandwiches, Gorgonzola Salad, Pesto Chicken, Cubano.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday- Tuesday are closed.
- Contact: 802-760-6728
- Nearby Attractions: Gold Brook Covered Bridge, Moss Glen Falls.
Address: 1056 Mountain Road, Stowe, Vermont 05672
Read Best Furniture Stores In Vermont
7. Sticky Fingers Bakery – West Dover, VT
Sticky Fingers Bakery was opened in 2010, selling freshly baked pastries, ice cream, cookies, and bread. They specialize in Challah bread and crusty Italian bread. The bakery promotes freshly baked quality foods created from scratch and by hand.
The whole place is filled with a beautiful aroma when the first batch of bread comes out of the oven. Along with the bread, their dessert menu will leave you speechless, which features mouth-watering cakes and tarts. Customers can order custom cakes and cupcakes for weddings, birthdays, and other special occasions.
The atmosphere here is warm and welcoming, with a rustic appearance and comfortable seating.
- Must-try Items: Mini Cinnamon Roll Cake, Chocolate Croissant, Turkey and Gouda Turnover, Blueberry Danish.
- Hours: Thursday- Monday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday closed.
- Contact: 802-464-9463
- Nearby Attractions: Hamilton Falls, Hogback Mountain Conservation Area.
Address: 210 VT Route 100, West Dover, VT 05356
Read Best Wineries and Vineyards in Vermont
8. Amy’s Bakery Arts Cafe – Brattleboro, Vermont
Amy’s Bakery Arts café produces excellent baked goods, which has become a fixture in the neighborhood. It has a cheerful ambiance and a comfortable seating area adjacent to large windows with scenic views.
The menu includes fresh salads and sandwiches and vegetarian options. There is also a wide variety of European-style pastries, cakes, and artisan bread such as sourdough & more. Various gluten-free and vegan options are seen here for those with dietary restrictions.
The cafe is the perfect spot for breakfast, lunch, or an afternoon coffee and pastry. A rotating selection of daily specials and homemade desserts adds to their delicious offerings. For colder months, hot soups are served with custom toppings.
- Must-try Items: Turkey Dagwood, The Kimchi Melt, Smoked Salmon, Croissants, Chocolate Pastry.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Contact: 802-251-1071
- Nearby Attractions: Brattleboro Museum & Art Center, Brattleboro Common.
Address: 113 Main St Brattleboro, VT, US 05301
9. Klinger’s Bread Co. – South Burlington, VT
Klinger’s Bread Co. specializes in producing handmade bread and pastries using traditional European techniques. The bakery was established in 1993 by the Klingebiel family. They exclusively use premium ingredients from nearby farms, such as flour and cereals.
This location is well known for adopting a slow fermenting method, producing a tasty and simple product to digest. Additionally, they don’t use dairy, oils, additives, or preservatives to create their crusty bread. You can either purchase it online or get it by visiting their cafe.
The bakery makes all its pastries with organic butter and ensures they are free from preservatives and artificial flavors. They serve hot and cold coffee to complement the baked goods, and Klinger’s Bread Co. also offers catering services.
- Must-try Items: Savory Croissants, Breakfast sandwiches, Muffins, Scones.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Contact: 802-860-6322
- Nearby Attractions: ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain
Address: 10 Farrell Street, South Burlington, VT 05403
Read Best Corn Mazes in Vermont
10. Sweet Simone’s – Richmond, Vermont
Sweet Simone’s is an aesthetically pleasing bakery and cafe which has become a local favorite for its delicious baked goods. The bakery mostly uses fresh ingredients sourced from farms. They offer an array of baked goods, including bread, cakes, cookies, bagels, and more.
Along with their baked goodies, Sweet Simone’s serves a variety of breakfast and lunch items. You can enjoy sandwiches, vegetables, homemade soups, and salads. The bakery’s cozy atmosphere is the perfect spot for a casual meal or coffee break.
Sweet Simone’s extends their catering services for events and special occasions. From wedding signature cakes to custom dessert tables, the bakery creates a wide range of delicacies.
- Must-try Items: Bagels, Croissants, Burgers, Cakes, Pastry.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, Sunday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Contact: 802-434-2253
- Nearby Attractions: Birds of Vermont Museum, Get Air Trampoline Park.
Address: 40 Bridge Street, Richmond, Vermont 05477
11. Otter Creek Bakery – Middlebury, VT
Otter Creek Bakery is a small bakery and deli with a European flair. They have been offering cooked food on the premises for over 30 years. Numerous food awards, including “Best Pastry Shop and Artisan Bread” from the American Institute of Food, have been given to the bakery.
It is a beloved institution serving hot coffee in a cozy atmosphere. Their special bread is made fresh daily using traditional European methods. Due to its testy flavor and chewy texture, sourdough bread is especially loved.
The bakery has an outdoor cafe where you can enjoy treats with coffee or tea. Otter Creek extends services of breakfast and lunch as well.
- Must-try Items: Rainbow veggie sandwich, Lemon Pecan cookie, Cheese croissants.
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Sunday & Monday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Contact: 802-388-3371
- Nearby Attractions:
Address: 14 College St Middlebury, VT, US 05753
12. Bohemian Bakery – Montpelier, Vermont
The Bohemian Bakery is an artisan bakery specializing in pastries and bread made in the classic European style. They serve some of the best croissants, Danish, cakes, and tarts. All the items are made using time-honored techniques and high-quality ingredients.
Their coffee and espresso drinks taste like the best cafe customs from Paris and Italy. The bakery’s signature item is sourdough bread produced by a natural fermentation technique. There are a variety of other breads, including baguettes, rye bread, and gluten-free options.
- Must-try Items: Tarts, Croissants, Danish, pain au chocolat.
- Hours: Wednesday- Sunday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday & Tuesday closed.
- Contact: 802-223-2537
- Nearby Attractions: Vermont Historical Society Museum, Hubbard Park.
Address: 83 Main St, Montpelier, VT 05602
13. Birchgrove Baking – Montpelier, VT
Birchgrove Baking is a delightful bakery known for its sweet offerings since 2009. This family-owned bakery quickly became a local favorite for its high-quality, made-from-scratch goods. The Sunday doughnut perfectly compliments the brewed coffee.
Plenty of bread options include baguettes, whole wheat loaves, and ciabatta. In addition, you can get a variety of sweet and savory pastries such as danishes and scones. The bakery’s cakes are known for their beautiful, handcrafted decorations and flavors.
Birchgrove Baking also creates custom cakes for occasions like birthdays and weddings. All the items get enhanced in their welcoming atmosphere, with plenty of seating and a relaxed vibe.
- Must-try Items: Cranberry English Muffins, Sesame Breakfast Cakes, Almond Tea Cakes, Savory Croissants.
- Hours: Monday- Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm, Saturday- Sunday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Contacts: 802-223-0200
- Nearby Attractions: Vermont Historical Society Museum, North Branch Nature Center.
Address: 279 Elm St, Montpelier, Vermont 05602
14. Dorset Bakery – Dorset, VT
Dorset Bakery is a boutique European cafe and bakery founded in 1796. The bakery showcases traditional items which are crafted by hand. They represent regional-style furnishings in a cozy, welcoming ambiance.
You will find freshly baked crusty bread, breakfast pastries, and inventive sandwiches, also available online. There are also wholesome salads and delectable soups for balancing the sweet intake. The treats are made from scratch with regionally sourced, fresh ingredients.
Dorset Bakery takes orders for birthday & wedding cakes and other items. Customers can enjoy breakfast and lunch here with all the delicious extended items.
- Must-try Items: Burrito, Avocado Toast, Homemade Bagel, Baked Scones.
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm, Friday- Saturday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 802-867-7021
- Nearby Attractions: Lye Brook Falls, Arlington Covered Bridge.
Address: 3239 Route 30, Dorset, VT 05251
15. Morning Light Bakery – Winooski, Vermont
Morning Light Bakery makes mouth-watering artisan bread and pastries from scratch. One of the bakery’s signature items is Hong Kong-style buns made from fresh ingredients. This tiny bakery is always filled with sweet aromas and warmth.
They also present an array of items, ranging from buns to Mochi. Apart from buns, Morning Light Bakery serves delicious lightweight cakes in various flavors. The bakery offers sweet, sour, veg, and non-veg items, adding diversity. Services like ordering online and pickup are welcome here.
- Must-try Items: Red Bean bun, Curry Chicken bun, Tuna Mayonnaise bun, Wife cake.
- Hours: Thursday- Sunday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday- Wednesday closed.
- Contact: 802-540-1771
- Nearby Attractions: Fleming Museum of Art, ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain.
Address: 106 E Allen St 101, Winooski, VT 05404
16. Nunyuns Bakery & Cafe – Burlington, VT
Nunyuns is a famous local bakery shop providing breakfast, lunch, and refreshing beverages. They make bakery items with traditional methods using rural farm fresh raw materials.
Baked items include muffins, donuts, brownies, and cookies are available. Eggs, French toast, and super scrambles do the necessary for breakfast. Lunch delights come with buffalo chickpea wrap, Tuna melt, Veggie burger, and Grilled cheese. Maple syrup, steamed kale, homefries, and mixed green salads are exciting sides.
Breakfast is served on all days of the week and on weekends. Special orders are taken for any functions and parties. Attractive window arts made are here for sale.
- Must-try Items: Cinnamon Buns, Savoury Roulades, Stuffed Bread, Puff Pastries, and Mini Pies.
- Hours: Wednesday – Sunday: 8 AM – 2 PM. Monday and Tuesday: Closed
- Contact: 802-861-2067
- Nearby Attractions: Fleming Museum of Art, Battery Park.
Address: 139 North Chalain Street, Burlington, Vermont 05401, United States
17. Apple Barn Country Bake Shop – Bennington, VT
Sarah Albright started Apple Barn and has been in service for 50 years in Vermont. They offer special savories for lunch and make unique apple cider donuts alongside baked goods. The lunch menu includes pulled pork sandwiches, street corn salad, red sauce lasagna with local pork, pot pies, Ham, and Broccoli.
They are going to organize the blueberry festival this year in July. The event is filled with live music shows, kid’s entertainment, and distinct vendors making various dishes and cuisines. Many useful events are conducted here, like the Fluid Art Class.
They accept custom orders for big parties and family gatherings. Fabulous merchandise collections for men and women are available there in the barn.
- Must-try Items: Apple Cider Donuts, Pies, Pastries, Desserts, and Breads
- Hours: Monday – Sunday: 8.30 AM – 4 PM
- Contact: 802-447-7780
- Nearby Attractions: Bennington Museum, Bennington Battle Monument.
Address: 604 US Rt 7S Bennington, VT 05201
18. Red House Sweets – St Albans City, Vermont
Red House Sweets excels in giving French cuisine to Vermont dishes and makes delicious baked items. Bread includes baguette, ciabatta, Italian Country Loaf, Honey oat, and Multi-Grain. Galettes, fruit tarts, and eclairs are yummy pastries made here.
Other delightful dishes like cheesecake, quiche, and Chocolate Mousse are on the list. They sell their goods for retails, cafe, and markets through wide channels. They are nominated for best bakeries of 2023 in the Seven DaySies.
- Must-try Items: Pastries, Croissants, Fruit Tarts, Cinnamon Buns, and Creme Puffs.
- Hours: Tuesday – Friday: 7 AM – 2 PM, Saturday: 8 AM – 2 PM, Sunday & Monday: Closed.
- Contact: 802-393-8036
- Nearby Attractions: Houghton Park, Alice T Miner Museum.
Address: 10 Lake Street, Saint Albans, VT 05478
19. Barrio Bakery – Burlington, Vermont
Barrio Bakery serves its customers with baked items, gluten-free products, and unique daily delights. Croissant varieties, rolls, sweet tarts, savory biscuits, and maple pecan sticky buns are the baked items made here. Quick bites like biscotti biscuits are served with soul-refreshing coffee and tea.
Pastries, pizza, and sandwiches are prepared on day specials. Catering is available with a separate menu for all occasions when informed two days before the event. Delivery is available around the Burlington area. They also offer wholesale services to retail outlets. Exciting gift cards are available online on their website.
- Must-try Items: Pastries, Croissants, Focaccia Pizza, Muffins, and Lemon Lavender Tea Cakes.
- Hours: Monday – Sunday: 7 AM – 2 PM
- Contact: 802-863-8278
- Nearby Attractions: Battery Park, Waterfront Park.
Address: 203 N Winooski Ave Burlington, VT
20. Great Harvest Bakery + Café – Burlington, VT
Great Harvest has been making flour and producing soft breads for over 15 years. The cafe here is the best spot to enjoy coffee or espresso with sandwiches and paninis. The lunch menu includes Maenza, Tuna sandwiches, and salads like Greek salad, curried chicken, and Tuna salad.
Unique goodies are baked on each day of the week. Raspberry Lemon Muffins on Monday, Lemon Almond Scones on Tuesday, Maple Blondies on Wednesday, and Pumpkin Muffins on Friday are made special. They have online food ordering facility for customer’s convenience. Amazing gift cards are purchasable online on their website. People can donate to charity on their official website.
- Must-try Items: Cinnamon Rolls, Panini, Muffins, Caramel Cookies, and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
- Hours: Monday – Saturday: 7.30 AM- 3 PM, Sunday: Closed
- Contact: 802- 660-2733
- Nearby Attractions: Oakledge Park – Forever Young Treehouse, Fleming Museum of Art.
Address: 382 Pine Street Burlington, VT 05401
Bakeries in Vermont specialize in outstanding artisan bread, pastries, and cakes. Each bakery has unique features, from the wood-fired ovens at Dorset Bakery to the French-inspired pastries and cozy atmosphere at Bohemian Bakery. Whether you are a local or a visitor to Vermont, these bakeries are must-visit spots for anyone who loves delicious baked goods.