Vermont is a state of beautiful landscapes and historical background. So thrift shops are plenty here; some date back a hundred years. These thrift stores in Vermont offer the best deals around. They’re a great place to discover authentic pieces.
These fantastic pieces of history are filled with vintage clothes and furniture. People either donate or sell their lightly used old items there. They want others to love and reuse those. These stores are truly delightful when you walk through the doors.
List of 15 Best Thrift Stores In Vermont
1. Plato’s Closet – Williston, Vermont
Plato’s Closet is a popular thrift store in Williston where teens and youngsters can easily buy secondhand clothes and accessories. The store has a collection of many famous brands like American Eagle, Free People, Nike, Urban Outfitters, and Adidas. Kids can buy items at almost 70% less than in regular retail shops.
It accepts gently used items and on-trend products, and Items are sold at a cash price with the spot payment method. Price is paid in cash on the spot. Youngsters looking for extra money can sell unused dresses and accessories in their closets here. Fresh Inventories are added regularly to the racks of Plato’s Closet. Check out trendy items here first.
- Popular Items: Gently used or on-trend teen clothes, plus-size jeans, shoes, handbags, and accessories.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 09:00 p.m., Sunday:11:00 a.m.- 07:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 878-0001
- Nearby Attractions: Get Air Trampoline Park, Overlook Park.
Address: 34 Taft Corners Shopping Center, Williston, VT 05495
2. Goodwill Store – South Burlington, Vermont
Goodwill is a popular thrift store chain in Vermont and other New England states. Besides South Burlington, There is another outlet in Williston. The store accepts donations in kind and cash. It repurposes old gadgets, cars, and almost everything. In this way, It helps reduce landfills and offers help to people in need.
The Goodwill runs social missions like Brain Injury Services, Care Coordination, Goodwill Homes, and many others. The profit from selling old items is used to support these programs. The store has a strong IT team to remove and refurbish old electronics and make them brand new for low-income families and community service centers. The same goes for cars.
Old clothes that cannot be sold are recycled into different wipe clothes. People get tax benefits on donating here. All they need is the recipe for donations. Regular customers can join Club Goodwill for gift cards and coupons on weekly draws. Members also get a flat 30% discount on a single day of their birth month from any outlet of Goodwill.
- Popular Items: Wiping clothes, refurbished electronics, cars, slightly used old clothes, and used household items.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday:09:00 a.m.- 07:00 p.m., Sunday: 09:00 a.m.-06:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 658-5359
- Nearby Attractions: Battery Park, Ethan Allen Homestead Museum and Historic Site
Address: 1080 Shelburne Road, South Burlington, VT 05403
3. Once Upon A Child – Williston, Vermont
Once Upon a Child is a popular recycling store for kids’ items in Williston. People can buy or sell gently used baby clothes, toys, baby gear, shoes, Kids’ Furniture, etc. They can save up to 70% in retail by shopping here.
The shop cleans and presses the gentle clothes and thoroughly sanitizes all the gear and toys. Selles get paid on the spot for their items. Customers can join the reward club of the shop. This way, they can earn rewards every time they sell here. The points are used to buy from here. It’s one of the best thrift stores in Vermont.
- Popular Items: Toys, Shoes, Kids’ Clothes, Baby Gear, Kids’ Furniture.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 09:00 a.m.-08:00 p.m., Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-08:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.-06:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 878-5434
- Nearby Attractions: Get Air Trampoline Park, ECHO Leahy Center for Lake Champlain
Address: 38 Taft Corners Shopping Center, Williston, VT 05495
4. Twice Upon A Time Antiques – Brattleboro, VT
Twice Upon a Time Antiques in Brattleboro is a perfect shop for antique hunters. The three-floored 10,000 sq ft shop is packed with anything and everything of archaic value. As per the founder of this store Randi Crouse, there is something for everyone in this shop. The shop buys different handicraft items from local craftsmen and sells them.
Local communities sell different items and antiques here. These reflect the local culture and history. The list is endless. The store gives space for renting to local dealers. Booths are offered for rent. The price depends on the size of the booths. Customers can earn reward points for selling antiques here. They can use it for buying things from here.
- Popular Items: Art, Mirrors, Sculptures, Furniture, Lamps, Handicraft Items, Vintage Jewelry, Maple Syrup, Handmade wood signs, and cutting boards.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 254-2261
- Nearby Attractions: Living Memorial Park, Retreat Tower.
Address: 63 Main St, Brattleboro, VT 05301
5. LISTEN Community Thrift Stores – White River Junction, VT
LISTEN is a community-serving store helping people in different parts of the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire. For over 50 years, the store has been helping local communities with food supplies, house heating, and other amenities. It runs programs to support them, like community gardens, low-cost food pantries, community dinner services, thrift stores, and many more.
People can sell their lightly used secondhand items for extra cash and home cleaning. The staff will clean and press the clothes and thoroughly sanitize the furniture, toys, and other items before stacking them.
Both sellers and buyers help the store to run the programs. LISTEN supports summer camp scholarships and other helping programs. The extensive racks contain different housewares, furniture, electronics, books, toys, and clothes.
- Popular Items: Clothes, toys, books, houseware, seasonal items, linens, shoes, and furniture.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 10:00 a.m.-05:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 295-9217
- Nearby Attractions: Main Street Museum, Montshire Museum of Science.
Address: 42 Maple St., White River Junction, VT 05001
6. Experienced Goods – Brattleboro, Vermont
Experienced Goods has been a steeple thrift store in Brattleboro for over three decades. The store accepts donations from Tuesdays to Saturdays. People can bring their goods in usable condition to donate here.
By selling these items, The store funds the famous Brattleboro Area Hospice. This way, Experienced Goods helps support the community of nearby cities like Windham.
The store is perfect for looking for vintage items like classic lace dresses, Chinese shoes, retro housewares, ceramic vases, vintage jewelry, antique furniture, paintings, etc., and the price is budget-friendly. The stock is updated regularly with new inventories. The store offers many exciting deals and discounts. Check them now.
- Popular Items: Vintage dresses, housewares, shoes, hats, Handkerchief,
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 10:00 a.m.-05:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: closed.
- Contact: (802) 254-5200
- Nearby Attractions: Creamery Covered Bridge, Retreat Tower.
Address: 80 Flat St., Brattleboro, Vt 05301
7. Twice Blessed – West Dover, Vermont
Twice Blessed is a popular secondhand furniture store in West Dover. The place is packed with notable pieces perfect for every household, like Ottomans, antique cupboards, beautiful chairs, vintage carpets, sofa sets, and many others. It accepts usable secondhand products. People can donate them to avoid landfills and create space at home.
The staff members repair, clean, and sanitize every item donated here. Different gift items signifying occasions are available in this store, too. Many DIY items are sold from this store. People can buy them to create different items.
- Popular Items: Antique furniture, Comforters, carpets, showpieces, garden chairs, fencing iron.
- Hours: 10 am to 6 pm, Monday Closed.
- Contact: (802) 464-7500
- Nearby Attractions: Dover Town Park, Hamilton Falls.
Address: 45 Vermont Rte 100, West Dover, VT 05356
8. Vintage Inspired Lifestyle Marketplace – Burlington, VT
Vintage Inspired Lifestyle Marketplace is a unique shopping center in Burlington. Multiple dealers offering different antiques manage this 2000 sq ft retail shop. It’s packed with vintage items, and all are in good shape.
Popular secondhand books, beautiful paintings, and hand-crafted paper packs are found in this VT thrift store. All the items are sold within the budget of everyone. Different small vintage retailers can set up their racks with different items here. It is a perfect place to look for as many antiques as possible under one roof.
- Popular Items: Vintage Paintings, Paper Packs, Books, Dresses, Vintage Toys, Ceramic Items.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday, Monday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: 1200 p.m.- 06:00 p.m., Tuesday: closed
- Contact: (802) 488-5766
- Nearby Attractions: Fleming Museum of Art, Waterfront Park
Address: 10 Dorset St, South Burlington, VT 05403
9. ReSOURCE Burlington – Burlington, Vermont
ReSOURCE is a popular philanthropic organization in Burlington. The corporation offers different programs for at-risk youth and low-income families. The thrift store of ReSOURCE is full of lightly used household items and furniture. People can donate items through the online donation system.
The training programs conducted here for students and youth help develop careers. The Essential Goods program is for aiding communities with essential items at a pocket-friendly price. ReSOURCE sells and provides technicians for large household items.
The thrift store helps avoid landfills and provides economic growth for local communities and low-income families.
- Popular Items: Furniture, Vintage painting, Skis, Boots, Old Wooden Boxes.
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Sunday & Monday: closed.
- Contact: (802) 846-4015
- Nearby Attractions: Battery Park, Oakledge Park.
Address: 339 Pine St, Burlington, VT 05401
10. Dirt Chic – Burlington, Vermont
Dirt Chic is an upscale vintage cloth and jewelry shop in Burlington. People can dig into the popular retro collection of skirts, Ham dresses, Lack designs, Jeans, and floral tops. It accepts consignments of adult dresses and Children’s dresses.
Consignments are accepted on specific dates. It’s best to get an appointment before donating. People can drop small consignments on the front door for donations. Donors can check their accounts for the status of their donations. It would help if you properly cleaned, pressed, and packed all the consignment items.
The children’s clothes section in Dirt Chic is colorful and amazing. If you want retro items, check out this shop for great deals. Customers can get gift cards from this shop.
- Popular Items: Antique Jewelry, Vintage Jackets, Vintage Dresses, Faux-Leather Jeans, Vintage Sweaters, Floral t-shirts, and Children’s Clothing.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: 12:00 p.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 863-1461
- Nearby Attractions: Red Rocks Park, Overlook Park
Address: 67 Main St, Burlington, VT 05401
11. Style Encore – Williston, Vermont
Style Encore is a woman-owned resale boutique. People can buy or sell any lightly used items from here. All the items are cleaned and sanitized correctly before putting them for sale. Clothes are washed and pressed thoroughly. Anyone can walk into the store and earn cash by selling stylish garments. It accepts seasonal items, too.
Exciting deals are offered regularly on different items. You can come to get any dress of any size within your budget. Even you can shop for accessories like shoes, boots, sneakers, jewelry, bags, and wallets here.
- Popular Items: Snickers, Loafers, Bags, Wallets, Sunglasses, Dresses.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 08:00 p.m., Sunday: 10:00 a.m.-05:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 876-7113
- Nearby Attractions: Get Air Trampoline Park, Ethan Allen Homestead Museum and Historic Site
Address: 31 Taft Corners Shopping Center, Williston, VT 05495
12. Green Mountain Habitat ReStore – Williston, Vermont
Green Mountain Habitat ReStore helps to build homes and pay for mortgages for lower-income families. Almost 102 local families have achieved stability with their help in building their own homes.
Financial donors and local communities help this store with this noble cause. Green Mountain Habitat ReStore has two more outlets in Milton and Swanton besides Williston. They accept donations both in kind and cash.
People looking to buy antiques with vintage value should check this store for unique items. Old Furniture pieces, retro dresses, and paintings are all available here. The shop is full of old books with historical value. This is the best shop to join if someone wants to make a meaningful career by helping others and gathering knowledge about antiques.
- Popular Items: Vintage Furniture, Paintings, Ceramic Showpieces, Utensils, Cabinets, Lace Dresses, and Ornaments.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 857-5296
- Nearby Attractions: Fleming Museum of Art, Battery Park.
Address: 528 Essex Rd, Williston, VT 05495, United States
13. Battery Street Jeans (BSJ) – Burlington, Vermont
Battery Street Jeans is a popular secondhand cloth store in Burlington. This shop is famous for the free distribution of clothes. The bins outside the store are filled with freshly cleaned reusable hoodies, shirts, jeans, and other garments. Live music performances are arranged in the store.
The store has a good stock of classic movie DVDs, books, and unique metal showpieces. The printed t-shirts of BSJ show the rich retro culture of Vermont.
- Popular Items: Dresses, Shoes, Old Movie DVDs, Books, Caps, Jewelry, Accessories, and Showpieces.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday, Monday: 11:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Tuesday: closed.
- Contact: (203) 560-0375
- Nearby Attractions: ECHO Leahy Center for Lake Champlain, Heritage Winooski Mill Museum.
Address: 115 College St, Burlington, VT 05401
14. Gifford Auxiliary Thrift Shop – Randolph, VT
Gifford Medical Center Auxiliary Thrift Store is an extension of the famous Gifford Medical Center. The shop has been selling antiques and secondhand items to support the local communities and low-income families.
It has been serving the city for more than five decades. Citizens of Randolph donate their lightly used secondhand clothes, furniture, and other items for sale. Deals and discounts are offered regularly on the inventories.
- Popular Items: Clothes, Books, Furniture, Toys, Ceramic Utensils.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-04:00 p.m., Sunday: closed.
- Contact: (802) 728-2185
- Nearby Attractions: Nathan’s Garden, Vermont Toy Museum.
Address: 52 S Main St, Randolph, VT 05060
15. Shalom Shuk – Burlington, Vermont
Shalom Shuk is a marketplace for secondhand products to support local communities and new immigrants. The shop is located at the renovated historical OZ barn. It’s one of the best places for lightly used dresses, toys, household items, and small electrical gadgets. It helps strengthen the local community’s economic, religious, and social structure.
Shalom Shak supports different clubs and communities with donations every year, like The local LGBT community. It has worked with different communities, agencies, and individuals to collect donations. Like the Boys and Girls Club, Howard Center, King Street Center, and many others. Various deals and discounts are offered regularly on different occasions.
- Popular Items: Toys, Dresses, Sweaters, Jackets, Shoes, Tapestry, Painted Dishes, House Electronics, Housewares.
- Hours: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m., Friday: 09:00 a.m.- 03:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Saturday: closed.
- Contact: (802) 373-4784
- Nearby Attractions: Red Rocks Park, Ethan Allen Park.
Address: 188 N Prospect St, Burlington, VT 05401
Find Thrift Shops Near You
Browsing in thrift shops is always a fun experience, and they are full of surprises. The prices at the thrift stores in Vermont are also usually pretty great. Explore the stores to learn more about them and how they operate. Above all else, ensure you have plenty of time when visiting a shop to review the fantastic items.