Thrift shops in Massachusetts offer an exciting shopping experience for bargain hunters, vintage enthusiasts, and eco-conscious consumers. The search for stylish clothing, one-of-a-kind home décor, or hidden gems is well served here.
Many pre-loved items await repurposing here. Many shops exist in trendy urban areas and charming small towns in Massachusetts. Let’s dive into the world of pre-loved items to find the best deals in these Thrift stores in Massachusetts.
List of 16 Best Thrift Stores in Massachusetts
1. Lifebridge Thrift Store – Salem, Massachusetts
Lifebridge Thrift Store is a community gem for the North Shore Community. It offers an exciting thrift shopping experience. They are dedicated to providing essential services to homeless individuals. All the racks are brimming with gently used clothing, accessories, shoes, trendy fashion finds, and timeless vintage pieces.
Their ever-changing stock ensures constant incoming of new fashion and trends. Apart from fashion, there are loads of furniture, decor, kitchenware, and small appliances. Lifebridge successfully bridges the gap between charity and fashion by providing excellent quality pre-loved goods. Charity events are hosted here constantly to help the unprivileged.
- Popular Products: Branded apparel, Vintage furniture, Rugs.
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. Sunday, Monday: closed.
- Contact: (978) 745-2459
- Nearby Attractions: Witch Dungeon Museum, Salem Willows Park.
Address: 47 Canal St., Salem, MA 01970
2. Wicked Thrif – West Yarmouth, MA
Wicked Thrift is a trendy store offering quality products for fashion-forward individuals. It has a curated selection of vintage and second-hand clothing and accessories. They have diverse styles, from retro 70s dresses to trendy 90s denim jackets.
Vintage handbags, statement jewelry, shoes, and premium designer clothes are showcased here. Wicked Thrift also famously sells the ‘Bridgeton collection,’ men’s apparel, and prom dresses. Its welcoming atmosphere and serene decor create an enjoyable shopping experience. Online shopping, local pickup, and shipping are also available.
- Popular Products: Denim, Jewelry, Tunics, Premium handbags.
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday:11:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m. Sunday, Monday: closed
- Contact: (508) 648-5902
- Nearby Attractions: Whydah Pirate Museum, Old Town House Park.
Address: 1094 Rt.28 S.Yarmouth, MA
3. Buffalo Exchange – Brookline, MA
Buffalo Exchange is a leader in the second-hand fashion market. It has been buying and selling apparel and accessories since 1974. They offer current trends, designer, everyday styles, vintage, and unique fashion finds. The store’s concept is based on a “buy-sell-trade” model. Customers can bring their gently used clothing to sell or trade-in for new ones.
From designer labels to vintage gems, everything is properly organized by category, size, and color, making it easy for shoppers to navigate. Sales and events occur here monthly, such as Earth Day sales & more. Somerville, Richmond, and San Antonio are the three other outlets of Buffalo Exchange.
- Popular Products: Shoes, dresses, accessories.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 08:00 p.m. Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 07:00 p.m.
- Contact: (617) 779-7901
- Nearby Attractions: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
Address: 312 Harvard St, Brookline, MA 02446
4. Boomerangs Jamaica Plain – Massachusetts
Boomerang Jamaica Plain has been an award-winning family of thrift stores since 1990. It was founded to raise money for AIDS Action’s research and community care. They provide a unique combination of affordable and sustainable fashion.
Its diverse selection of clothing, accessories, books & home goods. The store offers items of different styles, sizes, and price points. From vintage treasures to contemporary trends, there is everything.
The store’s stock is updated regularly, creating fresh and ever-changing pieces. Boomerangs Jamaica Plain hosts regular community events, such as workshops. It’s one of the largest thrift stores in Massachusetts.
- Popular Products: Sofa, Women’s apparel, Crockeries, glassware.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m. Sunday: closed.
- Contact: (617) 524-5120
- Nearby Attractions: Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, Franklin Park Zoo.
Address: 716 Centre St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
5. The Goodwill Store – Massachusetts (Multiple Locations)
The Goodwill Store was founded by Rev. Edgar J. Helms in 1895. In this enterprise, household items are collected and then sold at reasonable costs. There are racks full of clothing, shelves of housewares, and displays of furniture. It’s a long-running charity chain offering an array of apparel and decorations. You will find unique outfits, statement pieces, and rare collectibles here.
Mugs, glassware, and ceramics are the additional products presented in the Goodwill store. Consignors are welcome to drop off their excellent-conditioned collection. In MA, they have thrift shops in Cambridge, Boston, Jamaica Plain, Hyde Park, Danvers, Hyannis Quincy, Somerville, etc..
- Popular Products: Winter wear, t-shirts, casualwear, crockeries.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 617-445-1010
- Nearby Attractions: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston Common.
Address: 965 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215, United States
6. Savers – West Roxbury / Wilmington, MA
Savers is a popular thrift store chain, serving the local community since 1954. Located in a charming neighborhood, this big thrift store offers unique items. Its vast and well-organized space is filled with rows of clothing, housewares, and accessories.
Savers offer a distinctive range of trendy modern items to vintage pieces. You will get formal attire, outerwear footwear, and even costumes for themed events. Besides clothing, Savers also offers housewares, including kitchenware, home decor, linens, and small furniture.
Books, media, and sports gear are among the special items they showcase. Saugus, Hanover, Wilmington, Marlborough, Farmington, and Worcester have outlets of Savers.
- Popular Products: Glasswares, Men’s jeans, dresses, books.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Contact: 617-323-9213
- Nearby Attractions: Millennium Park, Metropolitan Waterworks Museum.
Address: 1230 VFW Pkwy, West Roxbury, MA 02132, and 235 Main St, Wilmington, MA 01887, United States
7. Urban Renewals – Roslindale, Massachusetts
Urban Renewals is a community thrift store that was established in 1985. It has become a staple in giving a unique shopping experience while promoting sustainability & affordability. Urban Renewals sells clothing, furniture, household goods, and electronics at its core.
The store offers various items at affordable prices so that people of all income levels can buy them. The clothing department here is divided into men, women, and children. Shoes, toys, books, records, furniture accessories, and kitchenware are among the best stocks. Urban Renewals promotes a constant 50% sale to get quality products at a low price.
- Popular Products: Bottoms, shirts, caps, tables, books.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m. Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: (617) 522-7383
- Nearby Attractions: Franklin Park Zoo, Larz Anderson Park.
Address: 630 American Legion Highway, Roslindale, MA
8. Sister Thrift – Watertown, Massachusetts
Sister Thrift has been known for its wide selection of gently used clothing, accessories, and furniture since 2004. The store’s stock is carefully curated to ensure quality and variety, offering affordable options. From trendy vintage finds to classic staples, Sister Thrift has everything.
The store actively supports local animal initiatives and organizations. Sister Thrift offers affordable clothing, shoes, toys, books, DVDs, and furniture. The cozy interior and organized racks are full of amazing finds. Donors are always welcome to give their collection here. Sister Thrift has another outlet in Framingham.
- Popular Products: Tops, Trousers, mugs, toys.
- Hours: Tuesday- Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m. Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m. Sunday, Monday: closed.
- Contact: (617) 923-1168
- Nearby Attractions: Gore Place, Waltham Museum.
Address: 370 Pleasant St., Watertown, MA 02472
9. Global Thrift – Waltham, Massachusetts
Global Thrift is a unique thrift store popular in the local community. It offers a wide selection of quality items at reasonable rates, from clothing and accessories to household items, furniture, and more.
The store’s inventory is carefully curated to ensure a diverse and high-quality selection. Since 1996, it has given back to the unprivileged community while serving trendy products. Pop-up sales and seasonal events happen here around the year. Besides apparel and housewares, Global Thrift also presents an extensive collection of arts and crafts.
- Popular Products: Branded handbags, Clothes, glasses, jackets, and shoes.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 07:00 p.m. Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 08:00 p.m. Sunday: closed.
- Contact: (781) 891-5577
- Nearby Attractions: Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation, Rose Art Museum.
Address: 322 Moody Street, Waltham, MA, US 02453
10. The Salvation Army Thrift Store & Donation Center – Springfield, MA
The Salvation Army Thrift Store is a longstanding and resilient community support source. As part of the international nonprofit organization, this thrift store serves a vital role in meeting the needs of individuals. It offers a range of items, such as clothes and other housewares. It has many other outlets throughout the state. Like Springfield, Wilbraham, Chicopee, Longmeadow, South Hadley, Holyoke, Palmer, Westfield, Somers, Belchertown, Wales, Northampton, Amherst, and many others.
Additionally, The Salvation Army Thrift Store operates as a donation center, relying on the donation of gently used items. Donated items are sorted, organized, and available for sale in the store. Men’s wear, appliances, furniture, accessories, and accessories are available here. The Salvation Army thrift provides Drop and pickup services as well. They have another store in Westfield.
- Popular Products: Branded jeans, kid’s apparel, furniture.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m. Sunday: closed.
- Contact: (413) 782-3012
- Nearby Attractions: Springfield Museums, Van Horn Park.
Address: 840 Boston Road Springfield, MA, US 01119
11. Cape Abilities Thrift – West Yarmouth, MA
Cape Abilities Thrift is known for its commitment to providing affordable merchandise and supporting a worthy cause. They provide an array of products and services. From clothing and accessories to furniture, household items, and books are here.
Its ever-changing inventory, with new daily items, makes each visit worthwhile. You can also get top-quality art, collectibles, and good movies and games. People are always welcome to exchange their beloved items with new ones. Services like doorstep delivery and pickup are add-on benefits here.
- Popular Products: Popular books, arts & crafts, seasonal wear, sofas, and crockeries.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday:10:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m.
- Contact: (508) 771-4072
- Nearby Attractions: Whydah Pirate Museum, Veterans Memorial Park.
Address: 316 Route 28, West Yarmouth, Massachusetts 02673
12. Ruth’s House Inc. – Haverhill, MA
Ruth’s House Inc. thrift store has provided the best fashion since 1992. It’s known for its dedication to supporting families in need. Initially, the store served social works like clothes distribution among low-income families. Today, the store supports many social activities like children’s reading programs and low-cost family support.
Many gently used second-hand clothes, housewares, and different accessories are available on the racks of Ruth’s House Inc. Ruth’s is constantly refreshed, offering shoppers a diverse selection of unique finds. Branded clothes, boutique pieces, pottery, and fast fashion jewelry are among the most liked items.
- Popular Products: Bodycon dresses, pants, fast fashion jewelry.
- Hours: Tuesday- Friday: 09:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m. Saturday: 09:00 a.m. – 03:00 p.m. Sunday & Monday: closed.
- Contact: (978) 521-5575
- Nearby Attractions: Winnekenni Park, Field of Dreams Park.
Address: 111 Lafayette Sq Haverhill, MA, US 01832
13. The Thrift Shop of Boston – Roslindale, MA
The Thrift Shop is a nonprofit organization focusing on helping the low-income neighborhood. It’s the city’s oldest establishment and was formerly known as the “Grande Dame” of second-hand stores. This shop was opened more than 90 years ago.
They offer the best clothing, furniture, home products, books, jewelry, and artwork. It’s one of the best thrift stores in Boston. The merchandise is thoughtfully organized and displayed, creating a boutique-like shopping experience. Weekly sales, volunteering, and jobs are among their extended services.
- Popular Products: Artworks, Women’s winter wear, glasses, plates.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:30 a.m. – 05:00 p.m. Sunday: closed.
- Contact: (617) 325-5300
- Nearby Attractions: Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, Franklin Park.
Address: 33 Corinth Street, Roslindale, MA 02131
14. The Little Store and Just New! – Worcester, MA
The Little Store famously provides items for every family member under one roof. Items like laptops, clothing, and furniture are available at unbeatable prices. Besides clothes & furniture, it also offers brand-new items, differentiating it from traditional thrift stores.
They have been bustling the neighborhood with specials, giveaways, and other fun promotional activities. Weekly flea market and food pantry services are extended to the visitors here. The little store provides pickup of the donated items.
- Popular Products: Bedroom furniture, electronics, apparel.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 09:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m. Saturday: 09:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m. Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 508-831-7455
- Nearby Attractions: Live Action Escapes, Cascading Waters.
Address: 242 Canterbury St, Worcester, MA 01603
15. Garment District – Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Garment District has been a distinctive store since 1986. It carries all sorts of new and pre-owned clothing, shoes, and accessories for both genders. You will discover various selections at low rates in their 12,000 square feet of area. New goods are placed out daily to add to the ever-growing stock.
Products like party clothes, work gear, and casual clothing are in their two floored spaces. Throughout the cooler months, they stock tons of coats and winter accessories. Similarly, countless racks of tank tops and shorts are displayed in the summer. Apart from apparel, the Garment district provides a selection of other necessities like hats, shoes, purses, ties, dresses, jeans, and suits.
- Popular Products: 50’s to 90’s costumes, shoes, accessories.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, and Sunday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Contact: 617-876-5230
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Common, Charles River Esplanade.
Address: 200 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
16. Waltham Clothing Exchange – Waltham, Massachusetts
The Waltham Clothing Exchange (WCE) is a friendly thrift shop and consignment store serving the community for 67 years. Joel Weddig and Susan are the co-directors of this shop. It’s a lot more than clothing.
They offer affordable clothing for all ages, shoes, dozens of handbags, a variety of household goods, glassware, dinnerware, small appliances, countless books, CDs, DVDs, toys, games, puzzles, stuffed critters, craft materials, art pictures and picture frames, and jewelry. It’s like a huge garage sale!
The Clothing Exchange reopens for the fall 2023 season on Tuesday, September 12. Our hours are Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. At peak season, there are 20 clothing racks and hundreds of feet of shelved items.
- Popular Products: Household Goods, Clothing
- Hours: Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 4:30
- Contact: +1 781-330-0389
- Nearby Attractions: Waltham Museum, Gore Place
- Special dates:
- October 14 – our one Saturday opening, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- December 12 – the half-price sale
- Closed December 13 through January 8
- January 9 – our clearance sale, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Address: 50 Church St, Waltham, MA 02451
Find Thrift Shops Near You
Thrift shops in Massachusetts offer a unique and sustainable approach for fashionistas. These shops provide a treasure trove of vintage classics to second-hand emporiums. They also foster creativity and community engagement by providing platforms for local artists, designers, and students. Whether you’re a style icon, a budget-shopper, or an advocate for sustainable fashion, these shops are a haven for everyone.
- Best Buffets in Massachusetts
- Best Spas in Massachusetts
- Best Botanical Gardens in Massachusetts
- Best Arcades in Boston
- Best Breakfast Places in Massachusetts
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Massachusetts
- Best Gyms in Massachusetts
- Best Animal Shelters in Massachusetts
- Best Pho Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Escape Rooms in Massachusetts
- Best Arcades in Boston
- Best Mexican Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Fall Festivals in Massachusetts