Italian restaurants in Massachusetts serve the best food to satisfy the tastebuds. The state is home to many good food. Most of these restaurants even have private dining and catering facilities to make any occasion more memorable.
Having the Italian community for several decades adds a benefit in terms of authenticity. Moreover, their unbeatable pasta and pizzas act as two pillars. Their warm hospitality also reflects their vibrant culture.
List of 18 Top Italian Restaurants in Massachusetts
1. Giacomo’s Ristorante – Boston / Wayland, Massachusetts
Giacomo’s Ristorante is a well-established brand in the North End neighborhood of Boston. This family-owned and operated restaurant serves the best Italian traditional dishes in MA. The other two branches are located in Melrose, Amesbury, and Wayland.
This eatery features Italian-American dishes with huge portions without burning a hole in the pocket. There is an array of house-made Linguini, Fettuccini, Ravioli, Fusilli, many appetizers, ziti, seafood, and unique items. Their Zuppa Di Pesce is an exceptional dinner for two people. A separate menu is present for the vegetarians. Only cash is accepted here.
- Must-Try Items: Shrimp and Scallops, Linguini, Homemade Fusilli
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from noon to 10 pm and Friday to Saturday from noon to 10.30 pm.
- Contact: 617-523-9026
- Nearby Attractions: The Paul Revere House, Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park
Address: 355 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113
2. The Chateau Restaurant – Waltham / Burlington MA
The Chateau Restaurant is an institution representing Italian tradition and food. Nocera Family founded this place in 1993 at Waltham, and since then, it has been owned and run by their fourth generation. They are also in Andover, Norton, Norwood, Franklin, Burlington, Woburn, Stoughton, and Braintree.
Both lunch and dinner menus have appetizers, salads, soups, pasta, pizza, specials, and many more. They have separate menus for children, early dinners, family-style togo, catering, and specials. For various functions, buffet items are curated according to customers’ choices. Their gift card facility is another perk.
- Must-Try Items: Chicken Parmigiana, Toasted Ravioli
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 11.30 am to 8.30 pm and Friday to Saturday from 11.30 to 9.30 pm. Early bird specials are Monday to Friday from 3 pm to 5 pm and Saturday from 3 pm to 4 pm. The bar is open every day until 9 pm.
- Contact: 617-523-9026
- Nearby Attractions: Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation, Waltham Museum
Address: 355 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113
3. Via Italian Table – Worcester, Massachusetts
Via Italian Table is the top Italian restaurant in Worcester. This eatery has been awarded in several categories for its outstanding food and service. The modern chic yet comfortable atmosphere succeeds in gaining popularity as the most romantic restaurant. You can find three private dining areas for special events: a round patio, a large private room, and a semi-private room.
The menu is a small piece of Italy as the recipes and techniques are adapted there. Tuscan, Sicilian, and Nepolean dishes are also available. A huge variety of pasta and slow-roasted meats paired with refreshing drinks is delicious.
They also have set dinners accompanied by wine or beer to celebrate special events. Their family-style ‘Suckling Pig Dinner’ is also famous for dining together. The gift Card facility is available here.
- Must-Try Items: Lobster Risotto, Chicken Picatta
- Hours: Lunch is from Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 4 pm. Dinner is Monday to Thursday from 4 pm to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday from 4 pm to 10 pm.
- Contact: 508-754-4842
- Nearby Attractions: Burnside Fountain, EcoTarium
Address: 89 Shrewsbury Street, Worcester, MA 01604
4. Luciano’s Restaurant – Wrentham, Massachusetts
Chef Luciano has been presenting Italian culture since 1991 in this restaurant. For providing a five-star experience, this brand is one of the top Italian restaurants in RI and MA. There are many dining rooms with different settings and a large bar area. On some days, they also have live entertainment.
Traditional dishes are served here with a strong emphasis on authenticity. Fresh ingredients from around the world are used for all the dishes. Pasta, party platters, veal, beef, soups, salads, chef’s specials, alcohol, and desserts are on the menu.
For celebrations and occasions, they have separate listings. On Sunday, a special brunch offers their bestsellers at a reduced price. Gift cards are available here.
- Must-Try Items: Tortelloni Ripieni Primavera, Steak Luciano
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 4 pm to 9 pm and Sunday from noon to 8 pm.
- Contact: 508-384-3050
- Nearby Attractions: Wrentham State Forest, F. Gilbert Hills State Forest
Address: 800 Washington St., Wrentham, MA 02093
5. Rino’s Place – Boston, Massachusetts
Rino’s Place was opened in 1985 by Rino & Anna Dicenso; they handed over the business to their son, Chef Tony, who has brought it to a different level. For 24 years, this place has served the best food and fantastic service in east Boston. The affordable price point is another prime key factor of the restaurant. They have been featured in prestigious shows like Fox 25 Morning Show, TV Diner, etc.
The menu has a selection of homemade pasta, antipasti, chicken, meats, and seafood. Their thin-cut veal, red sauce, and fist-sized ravioli need special mention. A few special items change daily, and the chef puts extra effort into those items. All of them are sufficient for one person and without any substitution.
They have been seen on Food Network, the Travel Channel, and many local outlets.
- Must-Try Items: Pollo Parmigiana, Lobster Ravioli
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 3 pm to 9 pm
- Contact: 617-567-7412
- Nearby Attractions: Bunker Hill Monument, Museum of Science
Address: 258 Saratoga St-E, Boston, MA 02128
6. Mamma Maria – Boston, Massachusetts
Mamma Maria, an award-winning Italian restaurant in New England, is located on a hill with a city view. They serve authentic, nationally acclaimed cuisine that is reliable on the local market.
Among their five private dinings, the elegant Picolo room for two people and the Verdi room for a larger capacity are exceptional. Their floor-to-ceiling widow and cobblestones give this place a rustic touch.
The menu represents all the seasons by keeping in sync with periodical local ingredients and abundance. It changes daily and features pasta, antipasti, mains, and drinks. Catering and gift card facilities are present.
- Must-Try Items: Rabbit Pasta, White Truffle Pasta
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 pm to 9.15 pm, Friday to Sunday from 4.30 pm to 9.30 pm
- Contact: 617-523-0077
- Nearby Attractions: The Paul Revere House, Paul Revere Statue
Address: 3 North Square, Boston, MA 02113
7. Arturo’s Ristorante – Westborough, Massachusetts
Arturo’s Ristorante, an all-Italian restaurant, was originally located in West Boylston by Chef Arturo Cartagenova in 1982. It was then shifted to Worcester and then to Westborough in 1999. Now handled by Domenico Fabiano, the modern ambiance and classy service are enough to win hearts. They have dinner service, cater to special events, and have private rooms for hosting any occasion.
The menu has all the traditional fares along with new curated items. There is a wide variety of pasta, pizzas, seafood, entrees, and desserts. Expensive wines, beers on tap, and craft cocktails are also on the list. Gift cards in different ranges are another benefit.
- Must-Try Items: Pollo Toscano, Eggplant Rollatini
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 4 pm to 9 pm, Friday to Saturday from 4 pm to 10 pm.
- Contact: 508-366-1881
- Nearby Attractions: Veteran’s Freedom Park, Dean Park
Address: 54 East Main Street, Westborough, MA 01581
8. Linguine’s Italian Eatery – Marlborough, Massachusetts
Linguine’s Italian Eatery is known for homemade authentic Italian cuisine. A local family has owned this restaurant for 25 years. It has a north-end style vibe, and the casual atmosphere puts the customers at ease.
The dough and pasta to meatballs are all made fresh, and the breads are made hourly. The finest fresh sub rolls, hearty meats, salads, seafood, desserts, and a kids’ menu make this place famous. Their function room has a capacity of 60 people and a party platter.
- Must-Try Items: Homemade Meatballs, Chicken Parm
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 11.30 am to 8.30 pm, Friday from 11.30 am to 9.30 pm, and Saturday from 12 pm to 9.30 pm. The function room is available Monday to Thursday from 2 pm to 9 pm, Saturday from 12 pm to 5 pm, and Sunday from 3 pm to 9 pm.
- Contact: 508-481-9747
- Nearby Attractions: Boundless Adventures Zipline and Aerial Park, New England Botanic Garden at Tower Hill
Address: 350 Boston Post Rd W, Marlborough, MA 01752
9. Alberto’s Ristorante – Hyannis, Massachusetts
Alberto’s is a fine-dining restaurant serving Italian cuisine in Hyannis since 1984. This traditional place has a calming vibe with fireplaces and sidewalk seating. The lounge area is appropriate for a coffee. They sometimes feature a jazz pianist, too. Several food critics have acclaimed this place for its fantastic service and food.
This local authentic Italian restaurant offers a vast selection of food with Northern Italian influence. The menu has mains, salads, seafood, pasta, soups, appetizers, desserts, wine, beverages, etc. Their Prix Frix Dinner has a 3-course meal, and many items can be made Gluten-free. A separate children’s menu, gift cards, and several function rooms are available.
- Must-Try Items: Shrimp Cocktail, Truffle Gnocchi
- Hours: Opens daily from 11.30 am
- Contact: 508-778-1770
- Nearby Attractions: John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, Cape Cod Maritime Museum
Address: 360 Main St, Hyannis, MA 02601
10. Bertucci’s Brick Oven Pizza & Pasta – Medford / Newton, MA
Bertucci’s is the best Italian restaurant in the neighborhood. Started in 1981 at Somerville, this eatery has been serving traditional Italian dishes made to order using family recipes. The center brick oven and the open kitchen provide a glimpse and taste of the food. This place is also in Newton, Braintree, Plymouth, Norwood, Framingham, Cambridge, and other areas.
All the items are made from scratch using fresh ingredients and handcrafted for better taste. Most of them are made in a brick oven to enhance the flavors. There are starters, hand-stretched and brick oven pizzas, calzones, salads, alcohol, desserts, etc on the menu. The family meal deal, kids’ specials, and gift cards are also here.
- Must-Try Items: Spicy Meatball Artisan Pizza, Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Hours: Sunday to Wednesday from 11 am to 9.30 pm, Thursday from 11 am to 10 pm, and Friday to Saturday from 11 am to 11 pm.
- Contact: 781-396-9933
- Nearby Attractions: Mystic River State Reservation, Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park
Address: 4054 Mystic Valley Parkway, Medford, MA 02155
11. La Scala Ristorante – Randolph, MA
La Scala is a European Italian restaurant on the south shore at Randolph. The service and food quality resembles the European culture. Many items are imported to maintain the authenticity of the cuisine. The romantic vibe and villa-like setting add a nice touch to it.
They have served premium fresh pasta and classic favorites for the past four generations. There are also antipasti, soups, salads, meats, specials, and wines. Their private and semi-private rooms can accommodate 20-80 guests.
- Must-Try Items: Chicken Marsala, Fettuccine Alfredo
- Hours: Lunch is from Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 4 pm. Dinner is from Monday to Thursday from 4 pm to 10 pm, Friday from 4 pm to 10.30 pm, Saturday from 11.30 am to 10.30 pm, and Sunday from 1 pm to 10 pm.
- Contact: 781-963-1700
- Nearby Attractions: Blue Hills Reservation, Adams National Historical Park
Address: 1070 North Main Street, Randolph, MA 02368
12. Mario’s Italian Restaurant – Lexington, Massachusetts
Mario’s is the top Italian restaurant in Lexington. The casual ambiance with long-time fixtures makes the customers feel comfortable at home. Their affordable price is an additional perk.
They offer classic traditional dishes ranging from pasta, calzones, submarines, pizzas, beverages, etc. There are a few dishes for kids and a special menu with all exquisite dishes. A catering facility and gift cards are available for occasions and events.
- Must-Try Items: Baked Ziti, Ravioli Parmigiana with Two Sausage
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 11 am to 9.30 pm and Friday to Saturday from 11 am to 10 pm. Specials are served from Monday to Friday from 11 am to 3 pm.
- Contact: 781-861-1182
- Nearby Attractions: Lexington Historical Society, Lexington Battle Green
Address: 1733 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington, MA 02420
13. Sorellina – Boston, Massachusetts
Sorellina is an Italian-inspired restaurant by famous chef Jamie Mammano. Located at iconic Copley Square, they offer modernized classic dishes with expensive wines. The elegant decor gives a sophisticated chic atmosphere that matches the exquisite food.
All the items are prepared with seasonal ingredients and are heavily influenced by Italian-Mediterrenean cuisine. Various appetizers, entrees, pasta, and seafood are on the menu. The elaborated wine list has a blend of contemporary and classics. Private events are hosted with a special customized menu. Their gift card is accepted in any Columbus Hospitality restaurant.
- Must-Try Items: Burrata Salad, Gnochii
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 5.30 pm to 9.30 pm and Friday to Saturday from 5.30 pm to 10.30 pm.
- Contact: 617-412-4600
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Children’s Museum, Charles River Esplanade
Address: 1 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
14. Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse – Boston, MA
In 1985, Steve DiFillippo started a culinary journey on Newbury Street of Back Bay. This elegant diner serves exclusive regional cuisine along with an impressive wine list. It is also present in other locations like Braintree, Foxborough, Chestnut Hill, Lynnfield, etc.
The food here is hand-made freshly with the best ingredients. It is easy to know what’s cooking in the open kitchen, which offers pasta, pizza, spring rolls, and dry-aged steaks. Private dining rooms with various capacities are available for any occasion.
There is a shop to purchase gift cards, Steve’s book, sausages, and spring rolls. To taste good Italian food in Boston, Massachusetts, visit this nice restaurant.
- Must-Try Items: Spaghettini, Fresh MaHand-Rolled Potato Gnocchi
- Hours: Lunch is from Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 3 pm. Dinner is from Sunday to Tuesday from 3 pm to 10 pm and Wednesday to Saturday from 3 pm to 11 pm. The bar is open from Sunday to Tuesday from 3 pm to 11 pm and Wednesday to Saturday from 3 pm to midnight.
- Contact: 617-357-4810
- Nearby Attractions: Trapology Boston, Public Garden
Address: 75 Arlington St, Boston, MA 02116
15. Giulia – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Giulia is all about Italian charm and vigor. The delicious food and warm hospitality are the two key factors. Their friendly service and the rustic atmosphere make people comfortable. A long communal table adds another feather to its hat.
The menu offers a wide selection of classic as well as creative items. Various cured meats, pasta, desserts, and antipasti are present there, with special customization to any dietary requirements. They have a pasta table to roll out and serve a chef-tasting menu at dinner. Their special graduation meal has a family-styled four-prix fixe tasting menu. Gift cards of different ranges are present.
- Must-Try Items: Pappardelle, Fettuccine with Black Morels
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5.30 pm to 9 pm and Friday to Saturday from 5.30 pm to 10 pm.
- Contact: 617-441-2800
- Nearby Attractions: Cambridge Common, Harvard Yard
Address: 1682 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
16. La Morra – Brookline, MA
La Morra is known for its authentic Italian cuisine and electrifying ambiance. The shop is inspired by the culinary traditions of Itali’s Piedmont region. La Morra serves up a delightful blend of traditional and contemporary flavors. Every bite celebrates Italian cuisine, from handmade pasta dishes to hearty meat dishes.
The restaurant’s exposed brick walls and rustic decor create a perfect ambiance for dates of meet-ups. Takeout and delivery are offered here apart from dining in. You can also plan events with them as well as book catering.
- Must-try Items: Insalata Di Rucola, Insalata Cuneo, Risotto Al Funghi.
- Hours: Wednesday- Sunday from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Contact: 617-739-0007
- Nearby Attractions: Charles River Esplanade, Boston Common
Address: 48 Boylston Street, Brookline, MA 02445
17. Bottega di Capri – Brookline, MA
Bottega Di Capri is famous for their freshly made Italian food from high-quality ingredients. The menu features various dishes, including pasta, pizza, seafood, and meat dishes. Bottega Di Capri also offers a variety of salads, sandwiches, and paninis.
In addition to dining in, Bottega Di Capri also offers catering services. They can cater to various events, including weddings, parties, and corporate events. They have private rooms for special and memorable occasions. Takeout, Delivery, Online Ordering, and gift cards are all available here.
- Must-try Items: Roast Beef Panino, Tuscan, Prosciutto di Parma
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 617-738-5333
- Nearby Attractions: Castle Island, Franklin Park
Address: 41 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02445
18. Bar Mezzana – Harrison Ave, Boston, MA
Bar Mezzana is a coastal Italian restaurant serving food with fresh and local ingredients.
The atmosphere is sophisticated, which goes well with the extravagant dishes.
The dining room is airy and spacious, with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer views of the city.
The bar is a popular spot for cocktails and people-watching. In addition to dining in, they also offer takeout and delivery. Bar Mezzana is an excellent place for a special occasion or a casual night out. Moreover, you can enjoy corporate events, Wine tastings, cocktail classes, and more.
- Must-try Items: Shima Aji, Rosemary & Onion Focaccia, Spice Grilled Swordfish.
- Hours: Dinner from Sunday to Thursday from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Brunch from Saturday & Sunday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Contact: 617-530-1770
- Nearby Attractions: Museum of Science, The Paul Revere House.
Address: 360 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02118
Find Italian Restaurants Near You
These are the most famous Italian restaurants in Massachusetts. All of them are unique in their way but similar in terms of food and service. Visiting one of these restaurants will leave the patrons happy and satisfied.
- Best Buffets in Massachusetts
- Best Gyms in Massachusetts
- Best Animal Shelters in Massachusetts
- Best Pho Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Escape Rooms in Massachusetts
- Best Thrift Shops in Massachusetts
- Best Arcades in Boston
- Best Hair Salons in Massachusetts
- Best Mexican Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Fall Festivals in Massachusetts