The Mexican restaurants in Massachusetts showcase the world of exceptional Latin-American cuisine. The intense flavors and spicy treats served here are a must-try for any food lover. These eateries are situated in different corners and parts of the state.
These eateries strive to provide a memorable dining experience along with perfect dishes. The restaurants embark on a culinary journey and explore Mexican flavors and traditions thriving in Massachusetts.
List of 17 Best Mexican Restaurants in Massachusetts
1. The Painted Burro – Somerville, Massachusetts
The Painted Burro was opened in Somerville’s Davis Square in 2012. It has a second outlet in Waltham. It has another small restaurant under the same umbrella named Burro Bar at Brookline and Boston. It stands as a vibrant Mexican restaurant that captivates diners with its atmosphere. The Painted Burro’s hip and colorful atmosphere matches its seasonal spicy menu.
The menu here has many alcoholic beverages like regional beers, margaritas, cocktails, and wines. All these add charm to the tangy and vibrant Mexican cuisine. The talented chef here makes fresh tortillas daily. All of these are vegan and gluten-free. These are also available from the official website of the restaurant.
The kitchen is led by talented chefs who showcase a fusion of flavors. Visitors will get classic favorites like tacos & enchiladas along with more adventurous culinary dishes like ceviche. Takeaway service and home deliveries are also available from The Somerville outlet. The indoor and outdoor space of the Waltham site is excellent for any event.
- Must-Try Items: Carnitas Cubano, Birria, Crispy “Baja Style” Fish Taco, Papas Bravas, Kale Salad, Pork Carnitas Taco, Gulf Shrimp Diablo Taco.
- Contact: (617) 776-0005
- Hours: Monday & Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 09:00 p.m. Tuesday: 05:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Thursday: 5:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m., Friday: 05:00 p.m. – 09:30 p.m. Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 08:00 p.m. Sunday: closed.
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Children’s Museum, LEGO Discovery Center Boston.
Address: 219 Elm Street, Davis Square, Somerville, MA 02144
2. Taqueria El Amigo – Waltham, Massachusetts
Taqueria El Amigo is a must-go destination for authentic Mexican cuisine. The mouth-watering dishes have earned the much-acclaimed popularity of this place. They only use high-quality, fresh ingredients in all of their dishes.
Customers can taste the finest produce, meats, and spices from the first bite. Tacos, enchiladas, tamales, and burritos are the most popular ones in this eatery. Attention to detail is what keeps authentic flavors refreshed here.
The tacos, top-selling item is Taqueria El Amigo. You can get traditional fillings like carne asada, al pastor, or vegetarian options. The artwork and brilliant colors were used to decorate the eatery.
- Must-Try Items: Chabeza, Carnitas, Horchata, pastor nachos
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Sunday: closed.
- Contact: (781) 642-7410
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Children’s Museum, Charles River Esplanade.
Address: 196 Willow St, Waltham, MA 02453, USA
3. Cielo Mexican Restaurant – Braintree, MA
Cielo Mexican is a family-owned and operated restaurant. Roberto and Francisco both spent their formative years in the restaurant. They opened Cielo in Braintree in 2015. The place showcases different delicacies of Latin-American cuisine in a lovely ambiance.
The restaurant’s decor combines rustic elements with modern touches. Top-quality fresh ingredients are used here to prepare different traditional dishes—for example, sizzling fajitas, chimichangas, and yummy tacos.
The bar offers different cocktails and local beers. Customers can order one of its specialty handcrafted drinks, lime Caipirinha, Spiked Horchata, and Mexican Mojito. Classic strawberry and lime flavors are also available here. Pickup, online order & delivery both are available here.
- Must-Try Items: Sopa Poblana, Huevos Rancheros, Guacamole fresco, Churros, Molla jete.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Contact: (781) 519-4454
- Nearby Attractions: Adams National Historical Park, Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum.
Address: 1209 Washington St, Braintree, MA 02184
4. El Mariachi – Taunton, Massachusetts
El Mariachi is one of the first authentic Mexican restaurant chains to open in Massachusetts. The restaurant covers four outlets in Massachusetts. Besides Taunton, the other three are in Wareham, South Easton, and Yarmouth. The eatery is decorated with Latin-American murals and paintings on the walls. Their menu showcases a wide variety of Mexican dishes.
Ek Mariachi is most famous for its freshly made guacamole and salsa sauce. It is set to use them with warm tortilla chips and other delicious dishes. The place presents an impressive variety of choices for main courses. For example, sizzling fajitas and tender grilled meats, there is everything. Vegetarian dishes are available, too. Online ordering is available for further convenience.
- Must-Try Items: Camarones, Pollo Asado, Pacifico
- Hours: Monday: 11:00 a.m. – 09:00 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Contact: (508) 821-5953
- Nearby Attractions: Boyden Park, Watson Pond State Park
Address: 44 Taunton Green, Taunton, MA 02780
5. El Pelon Taqueria, BosEl Pelon Taqueria – Boston, MA
Jim opened El Pelon Taqueria in 1998 and popularized his interpretation of Mexican food in the Beantown dining scene. It has two outlets in the state. Brighton is the 2nd location beside Fenway. Traditional Mexican dishes like tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, burritos, etc, are found on the menu. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free options are added to the menu here. All the items are prepared with fresh meat and local harvests.
Among the unique offerings, their signature “El Pelon” burrito is represented in the “Taco Tuesday” special. Here, you can get two tacos for $2 and their annual “Chile Pepper Eating Contest,” where contestants compete on who eats more. Locals can make online food orders from here, too.
A full bar has a selection of Mexican beers, wines, and cocktails. The spacious outdoor patio is ideal for dining. Event planning and catering are among their other extended services. Customers can buy souvenir t-shirts from the eateries. There is a special wall for photos of loyal Customers who showcase the t-shirts in popular tourist destinations worldwide.
- Must-Try Items: Pescado, Americanos, Carnitas (Braised Pork) Quesadilla, Black Bean Quesadilla
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Contact: (617)262-9090
- Nearby Attractions: Fenway Park, Charles River Esplanade.
Address: 92 Peterborough Street, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
6. El Patron Mexican Restaurant – Worcester, MA
El Patron is one of Worcester’s best Mexican restaurants, founded in 2019. It’s best known for traditional Mexican dishes, which are prepared on order only. Tacos with different fillings, burritos, and quesadillas are some of the best-selling items here.
There is a full bar with Mexican cocktails, local beers, and famous wines. This kid-friendly restaurant offers many unique dishes, including their signature “Burrito.” Online delivery is available through Grubhub and Ubereats.
- Must-Try Items: Barbacoa Quesadilla, Tostada, Jalapeños Rellenos
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Sunday: Closed.
- Contact: (508) 757-8000
- Nearby Attractions: EcoTarium, Green Hill Park
Address: 192 Harding Street, Worcester, MA 01604
7. Taco Loco Mexican Grill – Somerville, Massachusetts
Since 1994, Taco Loco has tried to deliver Mexican food with its authentic flavor. It’s a casual, counter-serve restaurant that serves Mexican cuisine. A variety of tacos, burritos, Platos Criollos, enchiladas, etc, are found on their menu.
Native paintings in vibrant colors decorate the restaurant’s décor. Customers will get a range of fillings, including grilled chicken, marinated steak, and slow-cooked carnitas. It features a well-curated selection of beverages, too. The option of online ordering is also available here.
- Must-Try Items: Pupusas Revueltas, salsa & guac, Stewed chicken
- Hours: Friday- Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Thursday: 09:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Contact: (617) 625-3830
- Nearby Attractions: LEGO Discovery Center, New England Aquarium.
Address: 46 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145
8. Fiesta Mexican Restaurant – Somerset, Massachusetts
Fiesta Mexican has been locally owned for over 18 years, serving delicious Mexican food. The restaurant’s spacious seating ensures comfort and is a perfect setting for gatherings. It has outlets in love different locations: Rhode Island, Dartmouth, Bridgewater & Norton.
The menu at Fiesta Mexican Restaurant is a culinary journey through Mexico’s rich and diverse flavors. The menu offers many choices, from sizzling fajitas and mouth-watering enchiladas to tacos. Customers can also get homemade salsas with tender and juicy meats.
Additionally, they host special events and promotions to further engage with the local community. These events include themed nights and live music performances. Catering services are excellent here.
- Must-Try Items: Fajita Salad, Grilled Chicken Quesadilla, Chimichanga, California Burrito.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday & Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday, Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Contact: (508) 672-9356
- Nearby Attractions: New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park, Battleship Cove
Address: 117 County St, Somerset, MA 02726
9. Chilacates Amory St – Boston, Massachusetts
This delightful Mexican street food joint serves fresh dishes like Chilacates, tacos, and burritos. The signature Chilaquiles of this eatery is best enjoyed in the casual and relaxed ambiance.
The corn tortillas fried topped with sauces, cheese, and protein are another delicacy of this eatery. Order catering & take-out are both available at Chilacates. There are 8 locations, the other seven in Center Street, Chestnut Hill, Mission Hill, South End, Roslindale, Brookline, Brighton & South Boston.
- Must-Try Items: Birria tacos, carne asada burrito, Torta
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday, Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Contact: 617-522-6000
- Nearby Attractions: New England Aquarium, Charles River Esplanade
Address: 224 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
10. CasaBlanca Mexican Restaurant – North Billerica, MA
Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant is a popular eatery in North Billerica. It’s a family-owned business. Since 1985, it has been serving authentic Mexican dishes to the local community. Today, it has four outlets in Massachusetts: Andover, North Andover, Wilmington, and North Billerica.
The menu here has many Latin-American dishes like enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. Casa Blanca had a cool and casual vibe with vibrant traditional decor and Mexican welcoming service.
Here, you can get catering for any event, from small gatherings to large weddings. Online ordering is highly welcomed here. They also offer various catering options, too.
- Must-Try Items: Chicken Quesadilla, Pork Carnitas, Chips and Salsa, Chimichanga.
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday – Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Contact: (978) 262-9030
- Nearby Attractions: Lowell National Historical Park, New England Aquarium
Address: 99 Chelmsford Rd, North Billerica, MA 01862, United States
11. Tenoch Mexican – Medford, Massachusetts
Two brothers, Alvaro and Andrés Sandoval, started the Tenoch Mexican restaurant in 2012. It offers traditional Mexican-style street food at a reasonable price. Moreover, it provides food trucks for festivals, private events, weddings, and other events.
The restaurant is beautifully decorated with Mexican decor. They include a variety of traditional Latin-American dishes on their menu. Everything, from traditional tacos to enchiladas, is here to meet every craving. It takes delight in crafting culinary wonders from the finest, freshest ingredients.
Their extensive selection of fillings and toppings are fresh and locally harvested. Catering, online ordering & home delivery services are available here. This restaurant chain has eight outlets, the rest in Melrose, Cambridge, Malden, Somerville & Boston.
- Must-Try Items: Huevos Rancheros, Torta Pescado, Burro De La Casa: Pollo Con Mole
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 09:00 a.m. – 09:00 p.m.
- Contact: (781) 395-2221
- Nearby Attractions: LEGO Discovery Center, Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum.
Address: 24 Riverside Ave. Medford, MA 02155
12. Three Amigos Mexican Taqueria – Stoneham, MA
Three Amigos has been serving delicious Mexican delights for almost 40 years. All the items are prepared with authentic recipes and top-quality ingredients. They encourage diners to take advantage of the BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze) service by bringing their favorite beer or wine.
The restaurant’s interior features colorful decor, rustic touches, and music, with a warm dining experience. Vegetarian and vegan options are offered in popular dishes like tacos, burritos, and quesadillas. For example, grilled vegetables and tofu.
A selection of beverages, including Mexican sodas and imported beers, enrich the food. Additional service, such as party catering, is done here as well.
- Must-Try Items: Chicken taquito, Tres Leches, wrapped burritos
- Hours: Monday- Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 09:00 p.m. Thursday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m. 10:00 p.m. Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m.
- Hours: (781) 438-2773
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, Stone Zoo
Address: 125 Main Street, Stoneham, MA, 02180
13. Acitron Cocina Mexicana – Arlington, MA
Acitron Cocina is known for providing guests with unmatched, mouth-watering Mexican cuisine. All the offerings here combine traditional family recipes’ simplicity with fresh, premium ingredients. They are dedicated to crafting each meal from scratch, which can be enjoyed on the outside patio.
The chef focuses on mixing original Mexican tastes and traditional sauces with regional fruit, meats, and seafood for a twist. There is also a complete bar with drinks like margaritas, mojitos, and traditional tequila with fresh fruit. Flan, tres leches, and mousse cake are available for a sweet end of Dinner. Catering, online ordering, delivery, and gift cards are other extended services of Acitron.
- Must-Try Items: Aguachile, Molotes, Queso Fundido
- Hours: Monday- Thursday& Saturday: 05:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday: 05:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Sunday: 05:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m.
- Contact: (781) 777-2839
- Nearby Attractions: Spy Pond Park, Museum of Science.
Address: 473 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02474, U.S.
14. Avocados Mexican Restaurant – Stoughton, MA
Avocados Mexican is a family-owned and operated independent restaurant serving the highest quality food & beverages. The modern setting is tastefully decorated, with comfortable seating arrangements. The Mexican dishes here are beautifully crafted with fresh ingredients and authentic recipes by the chefs.
The flavors are authentic, and the generous portion sizes satisfy guests. Reservations are welcome to enjoy an evening with them. The owners take pride in their culture and food in this eatery.
- Must-Try Items: Taco Salad, Fajita Nachos, Tortilla Soup
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m.
- Contact: (781) 436-3297
- Nearby Attractions: Fuller Craft Museum, D.W. Field Park
Address: 809 Washington St., Stoughton, MA 02072
15. Los Cabos Mexican Grill & Cantina – Ashland, MA
Los Cabos Mexican Grill is ideal for unwinding with authentic dishes and traditional Mexican favorites. You will get a sizable bar with seven T.V.s for entertainment. The lively atmosphere and Mexican music playing in the background create a festive ambiance for diners.
Classic Latin-American dishes like fajitas and enchiladas are widely popular among customers. The extensive bar of Los Cabos offers different cocktails like Margaritas with fresh lime juice. Lunch and dinner are both served here.
- Must-Try Items: Grilled Shrimp, Tilapia, Taco Salad
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Contact: 508 309-4595
- Nearby Attractions: Ashland State Park, Cushing Memorial Park
Address: 300 Eliot Street, Ashland, MA 01721
16. Beantown Taqueria – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Beantown Taqueria is a vibrant and lively eatery, that gives lovely Mexican delights. The menu features a wide selection of Mexican meals made with premium ingredients. Several filling options are available at the restaurant, including marinated grilled meats and veggies.
Traditional Mexican dishes Tex-Mex dishes are quite popular here besides American breakfasts. The contemporary and traditional menu here contains different options like vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc. This local cafe also serves refreshing, authentic Latin-American drinks such as a horchata and Margarita with every meal.
- Must-Try Items: Chimichanga, Tex-Mex Chicken Burrito, Fajitas.
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday: 09:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 09:00 a.m. 03:00 p.m.
- Contact: (617) 441-8689
- Nearby Attractions: The Harvard Museum of Natural History, Fenway Park
Address: 245 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
17. Casa Romero – Boston, Massachusetts
Casa Romero is an iconic Mexican restaurant in the historic Back Bay neighborhood. For over 40 years, this place has offered local customers authentic Mexican dishes and beautiful dining experiences. Rustic interior with brick walls and dimmed light add up to the beauty of the place.
Their menu features a combination of familiar staples and unique creations. Casa Romero has a selection of tequilas & mezcals, allowing guests to explore a diverse world of Mexican spirits. Different alcoholic drinks like margaritas are crafted with fresh ingredients by the experienced bartenders here. The best part is the drinks come with flair.
- Must-Try Items: Chicken Enchiladas, Salsa, Guacamole, Pozole.
- Hours: Monday: 05:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m. Tuesday- Thursday: 05:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m. Friday: 05:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 09:00 p.m.
- Contact: (617) 536-4341
- Nearby Attractions: Swan Boats, The Paul Revere House
Address: 30 Gloucester St, Boston, MA 02115
Find Mexican Restaurants Near You
Mexican restaurants in Massachusetts are home to a diverse Mexican restaurant scene. From casual taquerias to upscale establishments, these restaurants have successfully captured the essence of Mexican cuisine.
- Best Buffets in Massachusetts
- Best Arcades in Boston
- Best Breakfast Places in Massachusetts
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Massachusetts
- Best Gyms in Massachusetts
- Best Animal Shelters in Massachusetts
- Best Pho Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Escape Rooms in Massachusetts
- Best Thrift Shops in Massachusetts
- Best Hair Salons in Massachusetts
- Best Fall Festivals in Massachusetts