Tattoos are an expression of art and can carry a deep meaning or a priceless memory behind them. Massachusetts has a diversified culture in it. Many good tattoo shops in Massachusetts make the body modification process comfortable and enjoyable.
Each parlor has tons of skillful artists, and each beholds some specialties, making them more intriguing. They even provide a free consultation for discussing the pattern. Cambridge, Dorchester, Cambridge, Boston, Salem, etc., have the best studios in mass.
Please note that a valid ID is required for tattooing and piercing in those reputable tattoo shops. Proper paperwork is required at the time of the appointment. Minors are allowed to get piercings with permission from their guardian.
List of 20 Top-Rated Tattoo Shops in Massachusetts
1. Pins and Needles Tattoo & Body Piercing Studio – Brockton, MA
Pins and Needles is a famous tattoo parlor in Brockton serving since 2002. They are known for their exemplary services. Any customization is taken into consideration.
The parlor follows a first come, first serve policy. They are known for their industrial piercings. Tattoos like memorial tattoos, touch-ups, and photo-realistic tattoos are done here.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 9 pm and Sunday from noon to 8 pm.
- Tattoo Artists: George, Bobby
- Contact: 508-586-8287
- Nearby Attractions: DW Field Park, The Enchanted Village
Address: 984 N Main St, Brockton, MA 02301.
2. Holistic Ink Tattoo Shop – Dorchester, Massachusetts
Holistic Ink is a premiere Boston tattoo shop well known for its premium qualities and polite behavior. This shop is specialized in fine-lining tattoos. The moderate pricing makes this place accessible to all. They offer services in vast areas, i.e., Somerville, Quincy, Dorchester, South Boston, etc.
This tattoo shop provides many services, including high-quality tattoos, permanent makeup, micro-blading, etc. Body piercing is also done here. Several preventive measures are taken during the process for the safety of their customers.
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 12 pm to 8 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Maria Hang, Tiana Lee
- Contact: 617-282-8866
- Nearby Attractions: Squantum Point Park, Pope John Paul II Park
Address: 1261 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, MA 02122.
3. Stingray Body Art & More – Allston, Massachusetts
Stingray Bpdy Art & More is excellent for body modifications and permanent makeup. All the procedures are performed with taking the utmost care. They use powerful numbing agents for painless procedures. Tattoo cover-ups and removals are also done here.
This shop provides piercing, tattooing, microblading, etc. They also have an array of body jewelry. Piercing of minors is done here with proper precautions. No tattoo is done on people below 18 years.
- Hours: Daily from 12 pm to 8 pm.
- Tattoo Artists: Ray Roberge, Bosco Layne
- Contact: 617-254-0666
- Nearby Attractions: Fenway Park, Central Square
Address: 386 Cambridge St, Allston, MA 02134.
4. Lucky’s Tattoo and Piercing – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Lucky’s Tattoo and Piercing offers various services in all its shops. From tattoos to piercings, they provide extensive body modifications. It also has a body and fashion jewelry collection. Customized Merch and gift cards are available in their shop. Apart from Boston, they are also present in Northampton and Easthampton.
The artists suggest tattoos with a mention of the healing process. It is an LGBTQIA+-friendly place. The best tattoo artists in New England are found here.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Caleb Colpitts, Nads Meyer
- Contact: 617-945-0317
- Nearby Attractions: MIT Museum, Kenmore Square
Address: 694 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139.
5. Salem Ink Tattoo and Art Gallery – Salem, Massachusetts
Loki La Chapelle established Salem Ink Tattoo in 2011 for custom art. He managed to create a comfortable and friendly environment for the clients. Face and finger tattoos are not done here. The art gallery is tastefully decorated and has a vast collection of beautiful paintings.
Tattoos and piercings are the two main objects of this gallery. They have many experts to assist the customers. Proper care and preventive measures are taken before and after the process.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 8 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 7 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Loki LaChapelle, Eduardo
- Contact: 978- 744-5486
- Nearby Attractions: Salem Witch Village, Salem Willows Park
Address: 201 Derby St, Salem, MA 01970.
6. Boston Barber & Tattoo Co. – Boston, Massachusetts
Boston Barber and Tattoo Co. is a famous tattoo shop, started by Hair Expert Robert Dello Russo a decade ago. He envisioned establishing a space full of class, elegance, love, and heart.
They are in two locations, i.e., in North End and Beacon Hill in Boston. All kind of hair cut is done here. It only accepts cash, though cards can make appointments.
Many celebrities visit this place for its intricate art and talented artists. For tattoos and piercings, there are seven residential artists with 16 master barbers. A vintage shop is full of antique photos with the parlor. A coffee bar is also there for various coffees and expressos.
- Hours: Monday from 11 am to 8 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday from 10 am to 7 pm, Thursday & Friday from 10 am to 8 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Daniel Vergara, Olivia Fox
- Contact: 617-742-0611
- Nearby Attractions: New England Aquarium, The Paul Revere House
Address: 113 Salem St, Boston, MA 02113.
7. Chameleon Tattoo & Body Piercing – Cambridge, MA
Chameleon Tattoo & Body Piercing is Boston’s first and finest fully licensed tattoo shop. It has been located in the middle of Harvard Square since 1995. This shop allows people over 18 years of age to get inked and 16 years to get pierced.
They have done everything with various styles ranging from traditional to abstract art. Piercings of the septum and nostrils have been reinstituted. Piercers only use high-quality implant-grade jewelry.
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 12 pm to 7 pm (tattoo) and Monday to Sunday from 12 pm to 7 pm (piercing)
- Tattoo Artists: Midori, Yeti
- Contact: 617-876-0412
- Nearby Attractions: Harvard Square, Harvard Art Museums
Address: 36 John F. Kennedy St, Cambridge, MA 02138.
8. Zaza Ink – West Boylston, Massachusetts
Zaza Ink is named after the owner, Joe Zaza Peterson. The shop has been providing services since 2001. It’s a place full of artistic visions and obsession with TV series.
Apart from tattoos, piercings are also done here. The team even participates in fundraising and community services. Facial and Nasal piercings are not performed on minors. Online appointments and quotes are not encouraged.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 9 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Brian Soldano, Joe Peterson
- Contact: 508-835-6559
- Nearby Attractions: Worcester Art Museum, Old Stone Church
Address: 287 W Boylston St, West Boylston, MA 01583.
9. The Boston Tattoo Company – Somerville, Massachusetts
The Boston Tattoo Company has been serving its clients since 2004. Currently, it is located in two locations, Medford and Somerville. Dozen tattoo artists and multiple piercers are associated with this shop. Customization and flash are available upon request.
They often invite guest artists from around the world. Among all the piercings, industrial and tragus is their specialty. It’s one of the great tattoo places in MA.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 8 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 5 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Irina Shapriro, Nico Vasquez
- Contact: 617-625-8282
- Nearby Attractions: Danehy Park, The Harvard Museum of Natural History
Address: 260 Elm St #102, Somerville, MA 02144.
10. Witch City Ink – Salem, Massachusetts
Witch City Ink is a well-known tattoo shop established in 2008. Their main goal is to execute clients’ wishes and demands flawlessly. Currently, only flash designs are performed. The shop allows a first come, first serve service.
This shop became Salem’s first custom tattoo shop for its experienced artists. They don’t offer piercings and only perform tattoos on people over 18.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday from noon to 8 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Natan Alexander, Renee Mandrake
- Contact: 978-744-9393
- Nearby Attractions: New England Pirate Museum, Salem Witch Village
Address: 186-3 Essex St, Salem, MA 01970.
11. Seaport Tattoo Company – Boston, Massachusetts
Seaport Tattoo Company is a premier tattoo known for its meticulous artwork. Many experienced tattoo artists are associated with this shop. Their dedication and love for work are executed through their art. The comfortable environment and friendly service put the clients at ease.
This shop specializes in repairing old tattoos and covering them up. It also offers body piercing. It’s one of the best walk-in tattoo shops in Boston.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday from 11 am to 9 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Jimmy Johnson, Bruno Samuel
- Contact: 617-297-7678
- Nearby Attractions: Castle Island, Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
Address: 380 Dorchester Ave, Boston, MA 02127.
12. Route 9 Tattoo & Body Piercing – Framingham, MA
Route 9 is a tattoo parlor providing the best experience since 2005. This place is famous for its fantastic artwork and friendly services. Apart from tattoos, they also offer body piercing and microblading. Thorough care is taken during the process.
They also offer jewelry changes at a reasonable cost. All the instructions artists give are based on body type and healing method.
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 12 pm to 6 pm for the shop and from 12.30 pm to 5.30 pm is office hours
- Tattoo Artists: Bosco Layne, Natalia Zanco
- Contact: 508-875-8280
- Nearby Attractions: Fun and Games, Jam Time
Address: 247 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701.
13. Fat Ram’s Pumpkin Tattoo – Boston, Massachusetts
Fat Ram’s Pumpkin Tattoo has a lot of experience in this field. Piercing is done along with tattoos. All the personnel are licensed and have the proper training to give the clients a blissful experience.
The shop only accepts cash for Walk-ins. It’s one of the most affordable places in Boston.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 10 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Fat Ram, Josh Wallis
- Contact: 617-522-6444
- Nearby Attractions: Franklin Park Zoo, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Address: 374 Centre St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130.
14. Pino Bros Ink – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Pino Bros Ink is a custom tattoo parlor known for its exemplary services and prompt service. The artists are highly experienced and skilled, with years of expertise. Piercing is not available here. People over 18 with a Valid ID are eligible for a tattoo.
They have various gift cards and merchandise in their shop section. It accepts credit card payments.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Ben Pease, Ian Adams
- Contact: 617-250-9903
- Nearby Attractions: Museum of Science, Harvard Square
Address: 1132 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139.
15. Empire Tattoo Boston – Boston, MA
Empire Tattoo is the newest tattoo parlor established in 2011, with two shops in Somerville and Quincy. All artists are skilled and highly creative with years of experience. From traditional Japanese graffiti to black-n-grey and customization, all is done here. There are a few artists for redoing and correcting old tattoos.
Apart from tattoos, they also perform permanent makeup. Though they have thousands of flash, customization is also available.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 9 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Sam Butera, Nelson Cabrera
- Contact: 617-764-3085
- Nearby Attractions: Museum of Science, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Boston
Address: 151 Washington St, Somerville, MA 02143.
16. Odyssey Wellness Tattoo – Brookline, Massachusetts
Odyssey Wellness Tattoo is a personal tattoo parlor located in Brookline. It is a wellness center, especially for breast cancer surviving women. They help to take an additional step towards recovering.
All Mastectomy breast reconstructions are covered by the Women’s Healthcare and Cancer Rights Act 1998. They follow a first come, first serve policy for same-day appointments.
This studio is specialized in areola reconstructions by re-pigmentation and scar camouflage. They take care of the scars from sexual reassignment surgery and cancer surgery. Microblading is also done here. Owner Darlene Dibona Chesko helps make her clients comfortable and build their confidence.
- Tattoo Artists: Darlene DiBona Chesko, Chad Chesko
- Contact: 617-383-5496
- Nearby Attractions: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Olmsted Park
Address: 68 Harvard St, Suite 4, Brookline, MA 02445.
17. Blue Magic Tattoo Studio – Bellingham, Massachusetts
Blue Magic Tattoo Studio is a women-owned tattoo parlor started in Upton in 2017. Owner Nicole Fenoff poured his passion for tattoos into his parlor. It won several prestigious awards in this short Period. Piercing, cover-ups, and permanent makeup are other specialties here.
It is also possible here to repair areolas and scars. They have a financial plan for the payment of tattoos. Gift certificates are available in various amounts.
- Hours: Tuesday to Thursday from 12 pm to 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 12 pm to 9 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Nicole Fenoff, Kevin McWilliams
- Contact: 508-603-6108
- Nearby Attractions: Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park, Franklin Historical Museum
Address: 13 Mechanic St, Bellingham, MA 02019.
18. Redemption Tattoo – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Owners Mike Shea and Erick Lynch started Redemption Tattoo Parlor in 2002. They portray their expertise through their extensive art. A gift certificate facility is there with different amounts, ideal for gifting.
They specialize in memorial tattoos, full and half-sleeve tattoos, etc. The shop also offers piercing services.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 11 am to 8 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Mike Shea, Erick Lynch
- Contact: 617-576-0097
- Nearby Attractions: Museum of Modern Renaissance, Harvard Square
Address: 2090 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140.
19. Visible Ink Tattoo Studio – Maiden, Massachusetts
Visible Ink is a famous tattoo studio serving people for over 15 years. All are done here, from colorful abstracts to Classic black-n-grey fonts & portraits. No piercings are performed in this shop. Artists nowadays are also taking individual appointments.
Walk-ins are allowed here. Price estimation is not encouraged via phone.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 10 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Andrew, Scott
- Contact: 781-324-8465
- Nearby Attractions: Space Adventure Boston Exhibit, Boda Borg Boston
Address: 689 Broadway, Malden, MA 02148.
20. Kaleidoscope Tattoo & Art Gallery – Cambridge, MA
Since 2002, Kaleidoscope has been serving customers with satisfaction. For tattoos, there are experts in letters, Japanese, portraiture, etc. Customization is also available here with prior consultation.
Cover-ups for old fading tattoos are performed with care. Apart from tattoos, they also offer body piercings.
- Hours: Daily from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Tattoo Artists: Sandra Burbul, Dave Costella
- Contact: 617-441-8287
- Nearby Attractions: Mount Auburn Cemetery, The Hahvahd Tour
Address: 2374 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140.
Find Tattoo Parlors Near You
These are the best-featured tattoo parlors in Massachusetts. They provide the best service and give the customers immense satisfaction. Their artwork makes them stand out from one another yet make them equally unique. Talented artists listen to their client’s visions and make them come true. Visit one of these fantastic tattoo shops to get inked and make a permanent change for good.
- Best Buffets in Massachusetts
- Best Pho Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Escape Rooms in Massachusetts
- Best Thrift Shops in Massachusetts
- Best Arcades in Boston
- Best Hair Salons in Massachusetts
- Best Mexican Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Fall Festivals in Massachusetts