Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is possible only through fitness. There are plenty of gyms in Massachusetts that help in achieving the set goals. They help to build muscles, strengthen the core, and motivate customers to do their best.
Each gym has certified trainers and cutting-edge machines to accelerate the process. Other activities are also present to ensure overall fitness. Various pocket-friendly membership plans with added amenities make this journey even more enjoyable.
List of 18 Best Gyms in Massachusetts
1. Planet Fitness – Boston, Massachusetts
Planet Fitness is a popular chain in several locations, including Amesbury, Andover, Braintree, etc. In Boston, there are three centers in Downtown Crossing, Back Bay, and Jamaica Plain.
A welcoming environment, knowledgeable staff, and certified trainers make this place a judgment-free zone. They have a PF Black Card, unlimited access to their home club, added benefits, and complimentary fitness training. Taking a guest to any of the 2400+ PF locations is allowed.
Tons of modern equipment for cardio and strength build-up is present in the gym. The 30-minute Express Circuit has ten stations in sequence for a full-body workout. Many sanitization sections are throughout the gym to make it a Clean Thumb Club. They provide amenities like a shower room and tanning place, offer drinks, free Wi-Fi, etc.
- Gym Special Features: Hydromassage, Body Enhancement
- Hours: Monday to Thursday, open 24 hours, Friday from 12 am to 10 pm, Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Phone: 617-482-1210
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Common, Norman B. Leventhal Park
Address: 17 Winter St, Boston, MA 02108
2. Blink Fitness – Medford, Massachusetts
Blink Fitness is a gym best known for weightlifting and premium strength training. This chain is in 95 locations across the country. They strictly follow a mood-lifting method to uplift the inner self, which results in faster results.
This fitness center offers two ways of personal training: one is virtual, and another is in the studio. The certified trainers customize the whole process according to the customer’s niche. They are also present in Beverly.
- Gym Special Features: Blink’s Handy Dandy App, Free Wi-Fi
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 5 am to 10 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Phone: 781-391-2100
- Nearby Attractions: Wright’s Tower, Powder House Park
Address: 465 Salem Street, Corner of Route 60 & Route 28, Medford, MA 02155
3. Lynx Fitness Club – Boston, MA
Lynx Fitness Club is an elite club that aids the community with forward thinking. This 22000 sq. ft. place features state-of-the-art cardio and weight lifting equipment. The facility has two studio classrooms with skilled in-person and virtual training trainers.
This luxury gym offers several forms of exercise and physical activities to ensure the best outcomes for its clients. Barre, Yoga, Boxing, boot camp, HIIT, and Strength Training are a few of them. App-delivered program designs and semi-private workouts are present. Club, corporate, and student summer-special courses are available with gift certificates.
- Gym Special Features: Golf, Alterra Physical Therapy
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 6 am to 9 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 6 pm.
- Phone: 857-990-3785
- Nearby Attractions: Trapology Boston, Swan Boats
Address: 64 Arlington St., Boston, MA 02116
4. GymIt – Watertown, Massachusetts
GymIt is a renowned gym in Massachusetts. It is located in Watertown and Brookline. Affordable fees, cleanliness, and friendly trainers make this place easily accessible.
Their training is to set the perfect goal according to the client’s needs. A 3D full-body scan report is given to assess physiological progress. Guests are allowed with elite members from Friday to Sunday.
- Gym Special Features: Strength stations, Modern locker rooms
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5.30 am to 10.30, Friday from 5.30 am to 8 pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Phone: 617-923-4441
- Nearby Attractions: Harvard Square, Gore Place
Address: 36 Arlington St, Watertown, MA 02472
5. Best Fitness Drum Hill – Chelmsford, MA
Best Fitness in Drum Hill is the perfect place to achieve any goal. This place has everything from weight loss to athletic workouts under one roof. They have group training BIT:60, where new exercises are given daily.
Cardio, circuit, and strength build-up are the three main pillars of this cool gym. This functional training helps to improve flexibility, balance, muscle memory, and posture and reduce joint pain. It is accessible to disabled persons.
- Gym Special Features: Pro Shop, Cardio
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 am to 10 pm, Friday from 5 am to 9 pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 6 pm.
- Phone: 978-454-5678
- Nearby Attractions: Lowell Heritage State Park, Friendship Park
Address: 67 Parkhurst Rd Unit 1, Chelmsford, MA 01824
6. Orangetheory Fitness – Natick, Massachusetts
Regarding the best gym in the nation, Orangetheory is one of the first names. It has numerous branches all over the country. This center uses body-group workouts that are an amalgamation of coaching, exercise, and science.
For effective results, the gym uses heart rate-based interval training. The whole process uses a 5-stage heartbeat system for changing metabolism. They are relaxing, effortless, challenging, excruciating, and all out.
Rowing, strengthening, and cardio are other parts of the workout program. There are numerous membership plans with added benefits. They also have a 30-day guarantee for making decisions. A shop is there to buy apparel, accessories, etc.
- Gym Special Features: Month-to-month Fitness Memberships, Nationwide Studio Access
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 5.15 am to 7.45 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 11.45 pm.
- Phone: 508-455-5524
- Nearby Attractions: Cochituate State Park, Mass Audubon’s Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary
Address: 67 Parkhurst Rd Unit 1, Chelmsford, MA 01824
7. Life Time Fitness – Westwood, Massachusetts
Life Time is the only resort-style fitness hub in Westwood. This luxurious 126000 sq. ft. place has an expanded workout floor, childcare, indoor-outdoor pools, and a spa facility. It has several branches in Medford, Chestnut Hill, Burlington, and Metrowest-Boston.
The overall workout consists of Gluteus MAXout, Kettlebell Kombine, UPPER Rx, Ringside, etc. Various types of yoga, cycling, and group training are available. Alpha, GTX, and Ultra Fit programs are added benefits.
They have special ARORA training for active older persons to stay fit and healthy. The facility has Racquetball, swimming, Hoops, Pickleball, Squash, rock climbing, Gameface, and Running options.
Sports and workouts for kids and families are present. A cafe and a beach club are part of that center. Health and wellness are taken care of by lab tests, chiropractors, nutritional supplements, etc. It’s one of the good gyms in Boston.
- Gym Special Features: Outdoor and Indoor Lap Pools, On-site Spa
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 4 am to 12 am and Friday to Sunday from 5 am to 10 pm.
- Phone: 781-381-7100
- Nearby Attractions: Blue Hills Trailside Museum, Fairbanks House
Address: 44 Harvard St, Westwood, MA 02090
8. Crunch Fitness – Worcester East, MA
Crunch Fitness is an easy-going gym that welcomes everyone, irrespective of their size, age, shape, race, gender, and capability. Started in 1989 in New York, this inclusive place now operates in two modes, Crunch Fitness and Signature. They are currently in Lynn, Danvers, Malden, Braintree, Fitchburg, Hudson, Worcester, and Brockton.
Personal customized training with proper nutrition is the key to achieving the goal. There are various HIIT classes like AccelerateHIIT, StrogHIIT, PunchHIIT, and ExtremeHIIT. Other perks include Group Fitness Club, free weights, modern equipment, and the Crunch-O-Meter. They have a stretching zone, an online nutrition program, Hydromassage, a Cruch+ streaming workout, free merchandise, etc.
- Gym Special Features: Crunchcone Kickoffs, Tanning
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 am to 11 pm, Friday from 5 am to 9 pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 5 pm
- Phone: 774-312-6228
- Nearby Attractions: Quinsigamond State Park – Lake Park, EcoTarium
Address: 877 Grafton St, Worcester, MA 01604
9. Beverly Athletic Club – Beverly, Massachusetts
Beverly Athletic Club has been considered the best gym in Beverly since 2001. They have another branch in the Braintree area. This family-oriented club offers a mix of group exercise with dance to elevate body, soul, and mind. It has been awarded Wicked Local’s Best Gym in Salem, North Shore, and Beverly for its uniqueness.
This fancy gym has one-to-one HIIT, TRX Suspension Training, In-body Testing, an Adult Training program, and a My Zone course. They even have several group training to accelerate results. Booty Barre Pilates classes are available to maximize flexibility and strength along with cardio.
Wellness and healthcare are a part of this, including a 90-day program, Kinstretch, Physiotherapy, and soul care. Besides, it has a swim club, a spa, youth fitness, a smoothie bar, and a basketball facility.
- Gym Special Features: Basketball, Women-only Fitness Studio
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 5 am to 9 pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 5 pm
- Phone: 978-927-0920
- Nearby Attractions: Wenham Museum, Salem Willows Park
Address: 7 Reservoir Rd, Beverly, MA 01915
10. Commonwealth Sports Club – Boston, MA
Commonwealth Sports Club is a dedicated fitness hub that empowers members by providing guidance and necessary tools. This 25000 sq. ft. multi-specialty club is preset in Brookline, Allstone, and Brighton.
There is private, semi-private, Inbody, and Pure training that efficiently removes excess fat and builds a strong body. Pilates with live and virtual group training is available. Other amenities, i.e., hot tubs, steam rooms, squeaky clean locker rooms, towels, and parking, are present in this high-end gym.
- Gym Special Features: Saltwater Pool, Sauna
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 6 am to 9 pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 8 am to 4 pm. Memorial Day from 6 am to 12 pm.
- Phone: 617-254-1711
- Nearby Attractions: Kenmore Square, Fenway Park
Address: 1079 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215
11. Anytime Fitness – Canton, Massachusetts
Anytime Fitness is a representation of fitness and holistic help. This popular chain is in several locations in Massachusetts, including Acton, Auburn, Carver, Dartmouth, etc. Franchise opportunities are present here. It is accessible in more than 5,000 centers 24 hours a day.
Fitness consultation is done first to assess the necessary action, and then personal training is advised. Group workouts, free weights, rowing machines, 360 training systems, and many more are available. Spinning, Zumba, yoga, wellness programs, body composition scanning, and AF personalized workouts are up for grabs.
- Gym Special Features: TVs + HDTVs, Private Restrooms, and Showers
- Hours: Members enjoy 24/7 access. To get started, ‘Anytime Fitness’ staffed hours are Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 7 pm, Friday from 8 am to 6 pm, and Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm. Sunday is on an appointment basis from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Phone: 781-302-6955
- Nearby Attractions: Blue Hills Trailside Museum, Blue Hills Reservation
Address: 25 Washington St Canton MA 02021
12. Boston Barbell – North Billerica, Massachusetts
Boston Barbell is considered the best gym in the North East for its smart trainers and overall method. Owner Chris Martin takes a new approach to quick results. The first step is making a custom plan according to the members’ niche.
There is a function workout for strength and conditioning, a powerlifting program, Glutes for booty training, and personal training for full-body exercise. Colorful hoodies, t-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, and sweaters are available in their store.
- Gym Special Features: Cupping, Deep Tissue Massage
- Hours: Open 24/7
- Phone: 781-832-2033
- Nearby Attractions: Great Brook Farm State Park, Vietnam Veterans Park
Address: 28B Nashua Rd, North Billerica, MA 01862
13. Answer is Fitness – Canton, Foxboro – MA
‘Answer is Fitness’ is a renowned fitness hub in Canton and Foxboro. State-of-the-art cardio equipment, over 50 group exercise classes, functional training, and other free weights make this place attainable.
Arc, Sparc, Yoga, Zumba, and Barre are a few of their main workouts. MOSSA group power, blasts, and grooving are beneficial for faster development. Unlimited tanning, sauna, a shake bar, Cinedrome, and towels are accessible for members.
- Gym Special Features: Unlimited Cycle Classes, Turf Area
- Hours: Open 24/7. Staffed hours are Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 8 pm and Friday to Sunday from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Phone: 781-828-9777
- Nearby Attractions: Blue Hills Trailside Museum, Adams National Historical Park
Address: 300 Turnpike St, Canton, MA 02021
14. Total Performance Sports – Malden, MA
Total Performance Sports started its journey in 1999. Over the years, it started gaining recognition and accepting many prestigious awards. This gym is full of weightlifting, strongman, and powerlifting equipment.
Private and semi-private training is accessible here. Group X method, Awesome camp, and monthly special classes are available. TPS’s Tactical process is firearms training to increase confidence and competency.
Online coaching is done here, which is an affordable version of one-to-one. Training straps, equipment, books, bowtie, belts, etc., can be purchased from their online site.
- Gym Special Features: Nutrition counseling, Mobility & Recovery
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 5.30 am to 10 pm, Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 6 pm.
- Phone: 781-912-2025
- Nearby Attractions: Wright’s Tower, LEGO Discovery Center Boston
Address: 150 Charles St, Malden, MA 02148
15. Equinox Seaport – Boston, MA
Seaport Fitness Club has three functional units in Boston: Avery Street, Dartmouth Street, and Franklin Street. The membership plan lets people get online and offline personal training and fitness assessments from their desired location.
Classes include boxing, kickboxing, athletic training, pool cycling, running, and yoga. Skilled trainers are giving customized body-building exercises for customers. Studio Pilates sessions provided by them ensure healthy muscle movement.
Spa and hotel accommodations are also available in this place. Various types of dresses and suites are available to buy in their online shop.
- Gym Special Features: Personal Training Centre, Studio Pilates, Cycling Studio, and yoga studio
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 .30 AM to 10 PM, Friday from 5.30 AM to 8 PM, and Saturday to Sunday from 7 AM to 7 PM
- Phone: 617- 206-2641
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Children’s Museum, Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
Address: 27 Northern Avenue Boston, MA 02110
16. LA Fitness – Saugus, MA
LA Fitness was started in South California in 1984. Group fitness classes are provided in this gym, like aqua fit, body ab works, cardio jam, mat pilates, and yoga. Certified personal trainers here help clients to have a customized workout plan and track the progress of their fitness levels.
They have a mobile app to help people track their performance reports. Popular facilities like an indoor pool, kids club, functional training, and basketball are found here.
There is a juice bar to have refreshing juice and smoothies. They have an online shopping portal to buy sportswear for men and women.
- Gym Special Features: Sauna, Whirlpool Spa, Racquet Ball, and Indoor Cycling.
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 AM to 10 PM, Friday from 5 AM to 9 PM, and Saturday to Sunday: 8 AM to 7 PM
- Phone: 781- 417-5050
- Nearby Attractions: The Stone Tower, Salem Witch Village
Address: 1450 BROADWAY SAUGUS, MA 01906
17. Fitness Unlimited for Women – Milton, MA
Beth Whitey and Cindy Mccarthy bought this gym in 2020. They are now running this organization focused on women’s health and well-being. Group fitness classes are in a cardio box, cycling, Zumba, barre, and vinyasa yoga. Personal training is given to people in individual and small groups.
Pilates training is offered here in private, semi-private, and group forms. Jillian is their nutrition specialist, giving clients an excellent balanced diet plan. Alison Doak is the dietician in their team doing medical nutrition therapy for the people.
- Gym Special Features: Pilates, Tabata, Zumba, Steam Room, and Interval Training
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 AM to 8 PM, Friday from 5 AM to 6.30 PM, and Saturday to Sunday from 7 AM to 3 PM
- Phone: 617-698-0260
- Nearby Attractions: Charles River Esplanade, Adams National Historical Park
Address: 364 Granite Ave, Milton, MA 02186
18. Encompass Fitness Center & Gym – Marlborough, MA
Encompass Fitness Center and Gym is a friendly place for exercising and crafting new body goals. Scott Cotter, since 2018, has been helping people through numerous fitness options under one roof. Various programs are laid out for different groups, ages, and stages.
Several personal trainers are there to motivate and guide every member. Over 100 pieces of equipment and 50 cardiovascular machines are present in the gym. Group training sessions are equally helpful.
- Gym Special Features: Body Building, Upbeat atmosphere
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 5 am to 9.30 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 5 pm. On Memorial Day, it is open from 7 am to 1 pm.
- Phone: 508-481-2294
- Nearby Attractions: Ghiloni Park, Callahan State Park
Address: 420 Maple St, Marlborough, MA 0175
Find Gyms and Fitness Clubs Near You
A gym is a place to burn all those extra calories and create a more fit persona. These gyms, as mentioned above in Massachusetts, effectively serve their purpose. They have the best trainers and machines to guide members in the right direction. Join one of the gyms and encompass a better approach to life.
- Best Buffets in Massachusetts
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Massachusetts
- Best Animal Shelters in Massachusetts
- Best Pho Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Escape Rooms in Massachusetts
- Best Thrift Shops in Massachusetts
- Best Arcades in Boston
- Best Hair Salons in Massachusetts
- Best Mexican Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Fall Festivals in Massachusetts