Arcades in Boston, Massachusetts, symbolize a rich gaming history. Bostonians have always loved to play action-packed arcade bar games since the early days of Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Today, there are several cool arcades where you can relive childhood experiences with the latest games in the Arcade.
The arcades in Boston provide a captivating escape from the ordinary with flashing lights & electrifying sounds. Its rich history dates back to the golden age of arcade gaming in the 1980s. Step into these wonderlands and encounter a vast array of arcade machines & pinball tables.
List of 15 Best Boston Arcades | Action-packed Cool Games for Teens and Families
1. VERSUS – Boston, Massachusetts
Versus is one of the first arcade bars opened in Downtown Crossing Boston. This merge of classic pop art by Dirty Dek and retro-modern arcade games make an excellent themed gaming & bar environment. This room has 80s pop culture-inspired design features, LED televisions, and a Funktion One sound system.
Daily pub fare, inventive and entertaining cocktails, artisan beer, and wine can be seen. They have exciting games, from classic gems like Pac-Man and Street Fighter II to modern hits like Dance Dance Revolution.
The venue regularly hosts tournaments and events, fueling the competitive spirit and fostering a vibrant atmosphere. Hosting of private events and gift card facilities are both available here.
- Popular Games: Dig Dug, Frogger, Crazy Taxi, Nintendo Switch
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 5:00 pm to 12: 00 pm.
- Contact: 617-482-1213
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Children’s Museum, New England Aquarium
Address: 42 Province Street, Boston, MA 02108
2. Key To Amaze VR – Boston, Massachusetts
Key To Amaze VR is a virtual reality gaming lounge. It offers various free-roam VR experiences, including games, escape rooms, and art & design. The Arcade has multiple games like Arizona Sunshine, Furious Seas, Rhythmatic, Tower Tag, ebullition & Crisis Brigade 2. All the games here need multiple players to play. So visitors can bring friends and family to take part.
The Arcade is available for private parties and team-building events. You can create beautiful designs while playing the games. Visitors need to reserve their sessions to play.
- Popular Games: Arizona Sunshine, Furious Seas, Rhythmatic, Tower Tag, ebullition, Crisis Brigade 2
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 04:00 pm- 11:00 pm, Friday, Saturday: 04:00 pm- 02:00 am.
- Contact: 617- 286- 2183
- Nearby Attractions: View Boston, Public Garden.
Address: 530 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215.
3. Lucky Strike Fenway – Boston, Massachusetts
The Arcade at Lucky Strike Fenway is a great place for playing games. It’s home to a wide variety of classic and modern arcade games. They have everything from old-school favorites like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong to modern games like Guitar Hero.
Lucky Strike was established in 2003 and has grown in popularity daily. In addition to the games, the Arcade has several other attractions. Like a giant LED video wall, a full bar, and a late-night kitchen. It often hosts tournaments and other events that visitors can participate in.
- Popular Games: Streetfighter, The Simpsons Arcade, Guitar Hero
- Hours: Monday- Wednesday from 4:00 pm to 12:00 am, Thursday from 4:00 pm to 1:00 am, Friday from 4:00 pm to 2:00 am, Saturday from 12:00 pm to 2:00 am, Sunday from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- Contact: 617-437-0300
- Nearby Attractions: Fenway Park, Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
Address: 145 Ipswich St, Boston, MA, US 02215
4. Roxy’s Arcade Central Square – Boston, MA
Roxy’s Arcade is a successful collaboration of Area Four arcade games and Roxy’s restaurant. It provides food and entertainment under one roof. This arcade features over 50 classic games like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Ms. & Galaga, and pinball machines. This arcade is open to all ages.
The entry price is waived if people buy food or drinks from Roxy’s. The menu features grilled cheese sandwiches, salads, snacks, etc. Some cocktails are available at the bar, inspired by classic arcade games. The small outdoor patio is open during the warmer months.
- Popular Games: Mario Kart, Tetris, Galaga, Pac-Man Melee, Arkanoid, Guitar Hero.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 05:00 pm – 11:00 pm, Friday & Saturday: 05:00 pm-01:00 am, Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 617-714-4858
- Nearby Attractions: Cambridge Center Roof Garden, Forbes House Museum.
Address: 292 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, United States
5. Kings, Seaport – Boston, MA
The Arcade of Kings in Boston is excellent, with retro-inspired decor, bowling lanes, arcade games, and delicious food. It first opened its gate in 2002 in Boston Bayback. This Seaport outlet is its second one in Boston.
There are various exciting games like Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution. Additionally, there are several redemption games where you can win tickets in exchange for rewards.
Kings also has a bowling alley with 12 lanes beside the Arcade. The lanes have the most recent scoring technology available. After playing, visitors can head to the King’s kitchen for some delicious food. Burgers, pizzas, wings, and other comfort meals are available on the menu. Numerous vegetarian and vegan options are also offered.
- Popular Games: Guitar Hero, Dance Dance, Revolution. Billiards, Shuffleboard, Air Hockey.
- Hours: Monday- Wednesday: 03:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., Thursday: 03:00 p.m.- 12:00 a.m., Friday & Saturday: 11:30 a.m.- 01:00 a.m.,Sunday: 11:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Contact: 617-401-025
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Common, New England Aquarium.
Address: 60 Seaport Blvd Suite 225, Boston, MA 02210
6. East Coast Gaming – Milton, MA
East Coast Gaming has redefined the concept of Arcade. It will bring the thrills and excitement of arcade gaming to your doorstep. You can use it as a WOW factor for backyard birthday parties or small get-togethers. It will park the large limousine game truck right at your doorstep. It has gained immense popularity within a decade.
Children as young as five years can participate here. With seven large displays, it can accommodate a total of 28 players. All the games are designed to have multiple players (2-4). The service is available throughout the year.
- Popular Games: Nintendo, Xbox, Playstation, Minecraft.
- Hours: Available on reservation
- Contact: 617-942- 7877
- Nearby Attractions: Eliot Tower, Turner’s Pond
Address: 0 Brush Hill Rd, Milton, MA 02186, United States
7. Space Zero – Braintree, Massachusetts
The arcades of Space Zero provide a captivating experience. The Arcade is equipped with superior technology and a modern gaming environment. It helps visitors to enjoy different space-themed video games. Besides these, there are many classic and modern VR games.
In addition to games, Space Zero offers many extra features that make it a great place to spend an afternoon or evening. Some notable features of Space Zero are free play features, VR, and bar service.
You can host private events throughout the feature year, including tournaments, game nights, and special events. A kid’s play area with a trampoline and playground is also available in the Arcade.
- Popular Games: Rope Course, Climbing Wall, Pac-Man
- Hours: Monday- Thursday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 617-704-9300
- Nearby Attractions: Adams National Historical Park, Pond Meadow Park
Address: 250 Granite Street, Braintree, MA 02184
8. Immersive Gamebox – Natick Mall, MA
Immersive Gamebox is a unique arcade experience. It offers a variety of games that use motion tracking, touch screens, and surround sound to create an interactive and engaging experience. People of different age groups can enjoy the games here. There are many games for handicapped ones, too.
One of the most popular games here is “The Heist.” In this game, a team of up to 4 players must work together to break into a security vault. Another popular game is “The Squid Game.” where you have to survive all six challenges to be in the game. All the games are challenging and funny. One can play these for hours with full energy and excitement.
Moreover, visitors can also rent the Arcade for private parties or events. Reservations are recommended, especially on weekends.
- Popular Games: Squid game, Angry Birds, Temple of Coins
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: [email protected]
- Nearby Attractions: Castle Island, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Address: 1245 Worcester Street, Suite 1010, Natick, MA, 01760
9. Dave & Buster’s Braintree – Braintree, MA
Dave & Buster’s has been a popular name in the world of Arcade games in America since the 1970s. It has many outlets with in-house restaurants and sports bars throughout the country, like the one in Braintree. There are as many as 150 games available here. The list includes classic Pac-Man besides modern ones like Guitar Hero.
There are many redemption games here, too. Tickets won by playing these games can be exchanged for prizes. There is a full-service bar and restaurant in the Arcade. The menu contains popular dishes like pizza, chicken wings, and burgers. The bar is full of different alcoholic beverages. The private dining rooms can be reserved for private events.
- Popular Games: Wicked Tuna, Top Gun, Dodge Ball Ultimate Arena
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday from 10:00 am to 12:00 am, Friday & Saturday from 10:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Contact: 781-519-7900
- Nearby Attractions: Boston Children’s Museum, New England Aquarium
Address: 250 Granite St, Braintree, MA 02184, USA
10. Starland Sportsplex & Fun Park – Hanover, MA
The Arcade at Starland Sportsplex & Fun Park has been a great family entertainment center since 1968. There are over 30+ games to choose from, such as Pac-Man, Fortnite, and Call of Duty. It also offers a variety of other attractions, including a bowling alley, laser tag arena, ropes course, and mini golf course.
A beer garden and food stand are on site so visitors can refuel after a fun day. The place can be booked for celebrating a birthday party or family time. Visitors can enjoy other games like Volleyball, Pickleball & Field hockey.
- Popular Games: Go-karts, Bumper cars, Rock wall
- Hours: Open daily from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Contact: 781-996-3053
- Nearby Attractions: Charles River Esplanade, Forge Pond Park (sports).
Address: 637 Washington Street, Hanover, MA 02339
11. Salem Willows Arcade – Salem, Massachusetts
The Salem Willows Arcade is a famous game zone in the Boston area. There are many games, including many classics, from old-school ones to the latest high-tech ones. They also provide a bumper car ride and a wiffle ball batting cage. There is a prize counter where you can redeem tickets for prizes, a snack bar, and a pizza parlor.
The Arcade is located in Salem Willows Park. There are different attractions, including a carousel & beach. Visitors are welcome to do group visits, birthday parties, corporate events & school field trips. The Arcade is open from April to October, and hours vary depending on the season. The ticket price for an adult is $5 and $3 for a kid.
- Popular Games: Pac-man, Galaga, Skeeball
- Hours: Always open.
- Contact: 978-745-0251
- Nearby Attractions: Witch Dungeon Museum, Salem Willows Park
Address: 165 Fort Ave, Salem MA, 01970
12. Boston Bowl – Dorchester, Massachusetts
Boston Bowl is a perfect place to enjoy bowling alley and arcade games. The Arcade features various games, including 80 games like Donkey Kong. They promote a handful of redemption games, where you can win tickets to redeem prizes.
The place offers several other services, including Bowling, Pool & full-service Restaurant. Here, the menu is full of popular fish and drinks. Also, the bar serves exquisite alcoholic beverages. Visitors can rent out their Party room for private events. The Arcade is located on the second floor of the bowling alley. They charge $5.50 per arcade game.
- Popular Games: Galaga, Pac-man, Billiards
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Contact: 617-825-3800
- Nearby Attractions: Franklin Park Zoo, Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
Address: 820 Morrissey Blvd. Boston, MA
13, Pop’s Pinball – Bow Market – Somerville, MA
Pop’s Pinball is a grand pop-up pinball parlor in Bow Market in Somerville, MA. The space is cozy with a 1970s Texas vibe, with vintage paintings on the wall & antique seating. The pinball selection is diverse and exciting, with games.
They promote a delectable video arcade area for people of all ages and skills. Visitors will be transported to a virtual world while playing these games. The rear pinball machines have been maintained exceptionally well.
Pop’s Pinball promotes games such as Demolition Man, Popeye & The Shadow. The ticket price is $10 per person for adults and $5 for a kid aged under 12 years. Entry is free for children aged below three years. Additionally, they are a cash-only business.
- Popular Games: Rocky and Bullwinkle, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Haunted House
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Contact: 617-600-8058
- Nearby Attractions: Museum of Science, Boston Common
Address: 1 Bow Mkt Way, Somerville, MA 02143, United States
14. F1 Arcade – Boston, Massachusetts
F1 Arcade is a social gaming experience that combines the excitement of Formula 1 racing with the thrill of social gaming. The 1-hour full-motion F-1 racing simulators are the biggest attraction of this place. Alcoholic beverages and food are also served here.
You can enjoy games like Lights Out, where the lights count from 3 to 1, and the first person to press the button wins. The 1-hour full-motion F-1 racing simulators are the biggest attraction of this place.
Alcoholic beverages and food are also served here. In addition to the arcade games, they offer several other services, including Watch parties, Gift cards, and private events.
- Popular Games: Lights out, Head to Head racing
- Hours: Will open in early 2024
- Contact: [email protected]
- Nearby Attractions: Castle Island, Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park
Address: 87 Pier 4 Blvd., Boston, MA 02210, United States
15. Game Underground – Waltham, MA
Game Underground is one of the most popular arcade game zones near Boston. It is a place for game lovers. People can play any of the classic arcade game machines. The store has an extensive collection of console games to choose from. Players can play those on any of the 50″ flat screens there. The imported Japanese arcade games here are the most popular ones among fans.
Players can trade their Xbox or PlayStation 4 games and systems for new ones. Game Underground organized arcade game events for members and fans regularly. The place is also available for birthday parties and events.
- Popular Games: Air Hockey, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Arcade Games, Initial D Zero, Pump It Up, StepManiaX.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 11:00 am- 11:00 pm, Sunday: 11:00 am- 07:00 pm.
- Contact: 508-283-1503
- Nearby Attractions: Rose Art Museum, Prospect Hill Park.
Address: 349 Moody St Waltham, MA 02453
Find Arcades Near You
Arcades in Boston promote vibrant spaces and provide a nostalgic gaming experience. The arcades in Boston offer diverse entertainment options, from classic arcade cabinets to cutting-edge virtual reality games. Arcades offer a perfect place to enjoy with friends and family. These places foster a sense of community by providing entertainment to everyone.
- Best Buffets in Massachusetts
- Best Spas in Massachusetts
- Best Botanical Gardens in Massachusetts
- Best Breakfast Places in Massachusetts
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Massachusetts
- Best Gyms in Massachusetts
- Best Animal Shelters in Massachusetts
- Best Pho Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Escape Rooms in Massachusetts
- Best Thrift Shops in Massachusetts
- Best Hair Salons in Massachusetts
- Best Mexican Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Fall Festivals in Massachusetts