Massachusetts is home to a significant number of record stores. In addition to records, these music shops sell clocks, turntables, accessories, used records, gift cards, CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays. They also sell T-shirts, Incense, CBD products, Patches and stickers, Hats, and Sound Speakers, including Bluetooth Speakers.
There are fantastic stores close by that everybody in Massachusetts should explore. Great record shops exist in many places, including Brookline, Cambridge, Allston, Brighton, and Boston.
A retail establishment that sells recorded music is called a record store. Record stores only offered gramophone records in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, but by the middle of the 20th century, new formats like eight-track tapes, compact cassettes, and CDs were being sold.
List of 14 Best Record Stores in Massachusetts
1. Village Vinyl & Hi Fi – Brookline, Massachusetts
The Village Vinyl and Hi-Fi store in Boston’s Coolidge Corner neighborhood offers reasonably priced high-quality records and audio equipment.
The store caters to the needs of the fans. All types of music, like jazz to blues, electronica to heavy metal, hip-hop to classical, are available. The store has different qualities of records ranging from good to mint. Additionally, records are offered through their Discogs store.
- Hours: Open every day from 12 pm to 8 pm
- Contact: (617) 396-8958
- Nearby attractions: Hall’s Pond Sanctuary, Amory Park Bridge
- Nearby Parking Lots: Coolidge Corner Centre St Parking, 40 Centre Street parking.
Address: 307 Harvard Street Brookline, Massachusetts 02446.
2. Looney Tunes – Allston, MA
Looney Tunes was opened in 1971. Since then, they have proudly remained at the same spot in West Babylon, New York. They are an independent business run by a family.
They regularly organize artist performances in their store and conduct autograph signings. They also offer vinyl and CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays, Posters, T-shirts, Incense, Product CBD, Patches and Stickers, Hats, Turntables, Sound Speakers, Speakers with Bluetooth, and Clocks.
- Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 12 pm – 8.30 pm. Monday closed
- Contact: 617-549-5067
- Nearby attractions: American Airpower Museum, Belmont Lake State Park
- Nearby Parking Lots: Locust Avenue Parking, near Babylon LIRR, 50 E Hoffman Ave Parking
Address: 16 Harvard Ave Allston, MA, US 02134
3. Famtyze Entertainment Inc. – Brighton, Massachusetts
Famtyze Entertainment Inc. is a music management and promotion company at 16 Fidelis Way in Brighton, Massachusetts 02135. The company also provides records and clothes and is a music publisher. It is a well-rounded production company with great vibes.
- Hours: Open on all days except Sunday from 10 am to 8 pm
- Contact: 857-384-2746
- Nearby attractions: Museum of Science, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Nearby Parking Lots: Elks Parking Brighton, St Elizabeth Parking
Address: 16 Fidelis Way, Brighton, MA 02135, USA
4. Nuggets – Boston, MA
Since 1978, Nuggets has been in business and amassed many unique vinyl records, CDs, DVDs, and cassettes. They Buy, Sell, and trade Vinyl records, compact discs, videos, and cassettes. They have many rare and out-of-print items.
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11:30 am – 7 pm, Sun 12 noon – 5 pm, Mondays usually closed
- Contact: (617) 536-0679, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Nearby Parking Lots: 1358-1380 Boylston St Parking, Webster Street Parking
Address: Kenmore Square, 486 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215
5. Cheapo Records – Cambridge, MA
Cheapo’s is a record store in Cambridge. There are many intelligent individuals and a tonne of vinyl, CDs, cassettes, DVDs, and other items. Oldies, Cajun, Soul, Jazz, Folk, Classical, Blues, Hip Hop, Disco, Rock, Soundtracks — many specific records are found in this store. Cheapo Records store in Central Square since 1954.
- Hours: Monday -Wednesday:11am-7 pm, Thursday-Friday: 11 am-8 pm, Saturday 11 am-7 pm, Sunday 11 am-5 pm
- Contact: 617-354-4455
- Nearby attractions: Boston Common, Charles River Esplanade
- Nearby Parking Lots: Green Street Garage, Central Square Parking Lot
Address: 538 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
6. Stereo Jack Records – Somerville, Massachusetts
Stereo Jack’s is a records store situated in Somerville since 1982. They buy large and small collections. Make an appointment to sell your records. They sell Records, CDs, 78s, Wood Shelving, Books, Postcards, And many more. The store has a great collection and is among the best in the area.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday: 10 am- 7 pm, Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm
- Contact: 617-764-0284, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Danehy Park, The Harvard Museum of Natural History
- Nearby Parking Lots: 2400 Massachusetts Ave Parking, City of Somerville Magoun Square-CVS Public Parking Lot
Address: 736 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02144
7. Planet Records – Cambridge, MA
Planet Records is a sanctuary for record enthusiasts founded in 1983 at Kenmore Square. It is now located at 144 Mt. Auburn St. in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Quality LPs, CDs, Cassettes, DVDs, and music books are available here. They are known as a top choice for collectors and casual consumers.
Their selection is curated to be attractive constantly and reflects their high standards. New inventory is introduced daily, exhibiting a depth few retailers can match. All Genres are represented.
Their team is available to assist! They typically have buyers on duty who are prepared to buy your collection for cash or in exchange for goods.
- Hours: Open all days from 11 am to 6 pm
- Contact: (617) 492-0693, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Harvard Square, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Nearby Parking Lots: Soldiers Field Parking Garage, Harvard Square Parking Garage
Address: 144 Mt Auburn St, Cambridge, MA 02138
8. Wanna Hear It Records – Watertown, Massachusetts
In 2020, Wanna Hear It Records was established. Punk, hardcore, metal, indie rock, and a few other genres are among the vinyl genres that Wanna Hear It Records carries in new and used forms.
Additionally, this music store offers products from US independent brands. These products include candles, purses, tees, and vinyl pins. Every brand carried is owned and developed by members of the music industry.
- Hours: Monday- CLOSED, Tuesday-Wednesday: 12 pm – 6 pm, Thursday – 12 am -7 pm, Friday – Saturday – 11 am -7 pm, Sunday: 11 am – 6 pm
- Contact: (617) 744-1743, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Danehy Park, Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation
- Nearby Parking Lots: Republic Parking, MAH Parking Garage
Address: 117A Galen St., Watertown, MA. 02472
9. Joe’s Albums – Worcester, MA
Joe’s Albums is a highly-rated record store in Worcester. Joe’s Album is a popular record store with reasonable pricing and excellent customer service. They sell Records, equipment, accessories, gift cards, and many more. They launched our website in April 2010.
About 18 months later, the physical store debuted, and in September 2016, it moved to its current location. Their location is a historic performance space with a stellar reputation for acoustics. It’s available at two locations now- Worcester and Northhampton.
- Hours: Open all days from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Contact: (508) 796-5352, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Live Action Escapes, EcoTarium
- Nearby Parking Lots: Mercantile Center Garage, Worcester Common Garage
Address: 317 Main Street, Worcester, MA
10. Mystery Train Records – Gloucester, MA
In Harvard Square, Cambridge, Mystery Train started more than 30 years ago by selling solely old vinyl. The store started in Oona’s secondhand clothing store. It has grown over the years to five locations. Eventually, it settled down into one sizable place in Gloucester, Massachusetts.
Mystery Train aims to offer intriguing vinyl to the present and upcoming generations of record enthusiasts!
- Hours: Open all days from 10 am to 6 pm
- Contact: 978-281-8911, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Halibut Point State Park, Cape Ann Museum
- Nearby Parking Lots: City Lot, I4C2 Parking
Address: 21 Main Street, Gloucester, MA 01930
11. Spin That Records – Springfield, Massachusetts
Spin That Records is Springfield, Massachusetts’s only vintage vinyl record shop. This store sells various genres of records, including jazz and classic rock, retro turntables, and other audio gear.
This record store was established on June 1st, 2014, as a father-son business and is run by Giovanny Zuniga and his son Gianni.
- Hours: Monday: Closed, Tuesday – Saturday 11 am-6 pm, Sun 12 pm-5 pm
- Contact: 413-273-1530
- Nearby attractions: Springfield Museums, Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden
- Nearby Parking Lots: F-Lot, Executive Parking Inc
Address: 671 Dickinson St Springfield, Massachusetts 01108
12. Instant Karma Records – Orleans, MA
Instant Karma Records is located in Orleans, Massachusetts. The addition of their poster business followed the 1990 opening, POSTER ART, and their baby boomer antique shop OLD & IN THE WAY, all in one quirky old Victorian house on picturesque, historic 6A.
Their vinyl has been hand-cleaned, graded, and sleeved outside the clearance section. Currently, all vintage vinyl sold on the internet has undergone this process.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm, Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm
- Contact:+15082407166, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Jonathan Young Windmill, French Cable Station Museum
- Nearby Parking Lots: Cape Cod Rail Trail parking, Boat Meadow Landing
Address: 121 MA-6A, Orleans, MA 02653, United States
13. The Vinyl Vault – Littleton, MA
The Vinyl Vault is a record store in Littleton, MA. It has a wide range of records available. The entire store is jam-packed with jazz, while the main level is devoted to Rock, Pop, Blues, and a limited variety of Electronic, Metal, and Soundtracks.
They buy and sell a wide variety of records. The basement is jam-packed with jazz, while the main level is devoted to Rock, Pop, Blues, and a limited type of Electronic, Metal, and Soundtracks.
- Hours: Wednesday- Sunday: 11 am to 5 pm. Closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Contact: +1 978-486-0804, [email protected]
- Nearby attractions: Discovery Museum, Louisa May Alcott’s Orchard House
- Nearby Parking Lots: 7 Lan Drive Parking, Littleton / RTE 495
- Address: 482 King St, Littleton, MA, United States Massachusettes.
14. Deja Vu Records – Natick, MA
Deja Vu Records established its store in Natick, Massachusetts. They have a wholesale location that was founded in 1988. They have been there ever since.
Currently, 30% of our clients are retail, and 70% are wholesale. They purchase from individuals, estates, and collectors. Customers should allow an hour or two to examine each cargo before they price them thoroughly. The price you pay improves as you make more purchases. They deliver anywhere around the world.
- Hours: Open all days except Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm.
- Contact: (508)-653-6921
- Nearby attractions: Mass Audubon’s Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary, John J. Lane Park
- Nearby Parking Lots: Founders Lot, Republic Parking (West Natick Parking)
Address: 154 E Central St, Natick, MA, 01760
Find Record Stores Near You
Planet Records, Armageddon, Blue Bag, Cheapos, and Stereo Jack’s make Massachusetts an excellent place for record shopping. The distance between Stereo Jacks and Cheapo is only one T stop and fifteen minutes of walking up Mass Ave, respectively.
You can find Blue Bag Records after Porter Square. In Your Ear, Nuggets, and Orpheus carry the heritage of music in Boston across the river. Record stores in Massachusetts plenty, making it an excellent place for record hunting.
- Best Buffets in Massachusetts
- Best Spas in Massachusetts
- Best Botanical Gardens in Massachusetts
- Best Arcades in Boston
- Best Breakfast Places in Massachusetts
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Massachusetts
- Best Gyms in Massachusetts
- Best Animal Shelters in Massachusetts
- Best Pho Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Escape Rooms in Massachusetts
- Best Thrift Shops in Massachusetts
- Best Hair Salons in Massachusetts
- Best Mexican Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Best Fall Festivals in Massachusetts