The bakery pizza, or best Pizza strips, is a Rhode Island staple food. It is a pizza-shaped square or rectangular with fewer toppings, marinated in delicious red sauce. The pizza strips are perfect for birthday gatherings, parties, or cookouts.
Rhode Island has become a place where many authentic Italian bakeries have originated. These bakeries offer a genuine taste and feel of Italian recipes. Maximum bakeries are family-owned and have been around for generations. The pizza strips are available in these bakeries with other baked and sweet goods.
12 Best Pizza Strips in Rhode Island 2023
1. DePetrillo’s Pizza & Bakery – Smithfield, RI
For many years, Depetrillo’s Pizza and Bakery has provided authentic Italian foods and the best Rhode Island-style pizza strips. Their shop opened at five locations- Coventry, Chepachet, North Providence, Smithfield, and Warwick.
The sauce recipes they use to make their strip pizzas are excellent. It is the perfect food for every kind of gathering. They also offer excellent quality Calzones in RI.
- Must Try Items: Calzones, Party Pizza, Strombolis Pizza chips
- Hours: Monday – Thursday from 6.30 am to 7 pm, Friday from 6.30 am to 8 pm, Saturday from 6.30 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 7 am to 3 pm
- Contact: 401-231-4600
- Nearby Attractions: Wolf Hill Forest Preserve, Stump Pond
Address: 105 Pleasant View Avenue, Smithfield, Rhode Island, 02917
2. D.Palmeiri’s Bakery – Johnston, RI
Domenico Palmieri opened the shop in 1905. It is a family-owned business, with the staff comprising extended family and friends.
Since the beginning, they have maintained the quality and freshness of their products. They ship to places like Las Vegas, California, and Florida.
Their pizza strips are still one of their best-selling products. They have a large prepared food section, deli meats, pastries and cakes, soups, and a great lunch menu.
D.Palmeiri’s fourth-generation co-owner, Eric Palmeiri specializes in making custom-themed pizzas of all designs.
- Must Try Items: Pizza Strips, Spinach Pies, Sicilian Bread
- Hours: Tuesday – Friday from 6 am to 6 pm, Saturday from 6 am -to 5.30 pm, Sunday from 6 am to 1 pm
- Contact: 401-621-9357
- Nearby Attractions: Triangle Park, Bob’s Skate Park
Address: 624 Killingly Johnston, RI, 02919
3. LaSalle Bakery – Providence, Rhode Island
In 1965, Michael Manni joined LaSalle as a worker. He bought the shop from Jake DeMaria in 1975 with hard work and dedication. He expanded the business and opened another outlet in Admiral Street in 2003.
LaSalle Bakery offers a variety of celebration cakes, bread, pastries, breakfast menu, lunch menu, coffee, etc. The shop helps the community by contributing financial support, donating leftovers, or offering cupcakes to various charities and organizations. The catering menu at LaSalle offers sweets and savory foods.
- Must Try Items: Italian Bread, Breakfast Sandwich, Pizza Strips, Coffee
- Hours: Monday to Saturday-7 am7 pm, Sunday 7 am to 6 pm
- Contact: 401-831-9563
- Nearby Attractions: Fragnoli Park and Splash Pad, Triggs Memorial Golf Course
Address: 993 Smith St, Providence, RI 02908, United States
4. Sal’s Bakery – Providence, Rhode Island
Sal’s Bakery is a family-owned local bakery offering customers salivating pizza strips and calzones. They serve authentic Italian foods such as calzones, different types of bread, and biscuits. Offering their customers tasty food at a great price is Sal’s Bakery’s specialty.
Their party pizzas are made from delicious sauce with crispy edges. The staff are friendly and helpful. They offer sixty-piece trays of party pizza for any gathering.
- Must Try Items: Calzones, Potato Pizza, Red Pizza Strip
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 6 am to 4 pm, Sunday from 6 am to 1.30 pm
- Contact: 401-454-8090
- Nearby Attractions: Viscolosi Park, The WaterFire Arts Center
Address: 1288 Chalkstone Ave, Providence, RI
5. The Original Italian Bakery, Inc. – Johnston, RI
In 2007, Don DePetrillo and Alicia McArthur combined their knowledge/learning and opened The Original Italian Bakery, Inc. Most of their recipes come from their family kitchen. All the products made are fresh and with quality ingredients.
Pizza chips are a must-buy item in this bakery. They sell pizza, calzones, pastry bread, and multigrain bread. They also accept orders via an online ordering system.
- Must Try Items: Pizza Chips, Zeppoles, Italian Bread
- Hours: Monday to Sunday – from 7 am to 6 pm
- Contact: 401) 919-5777
- Nearby Attractions: The Peaceful Park, Sprague Mansion
Address: 915 Atwood Ave, Johnston, RI 02919
6. DeLuise Bakery – Cranston, Rhode Island
DeLuise Bakery is a family-owned business with two shops in the state. They opened their shop in Providence in 1938 and later in Craston in 2012.
Various pastries, wedding cakes, pizza, bread, and pizza trays are available here. Their products are freshly made from scratch daily. DeLuise is a simple bakery offering the best pizza strips in Rhode Island.
- Must Try Items: Chocolate Frosted Donuts, Lobster Tail,
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday from 7 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 7 am to 3 pm
- Contact: 401-943-4567
- Nearby Attractions: Brayton Park, Hope Park
Address: 701 Oaklawn Ave., Cranston, RI 02920
7. Buono’s Italian Bakery – Providence, RI
Delicious, freshly made Italian baked goods are found at Buono’s. Opened in 1989, Buono offers the best bread in Rhode Island, as awarded by the Rhode Island House of Representatives. They also operate in Cranston.
Along with the bread, Buono also offers pizza, pizza strips, calzones, biscuits, etc. The products are made from scratch at their shop’s premises. They use quality ingredients for their products, which makes them more delicious.
- Must Try Items: Football Bread, Pizza strips, Spinach Pie
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday from 7 am to 4 pm, Sunday from 7 am to 1 pm
- Contact: 401-421-4554
- Nearby Attractions: Merino Park, Riverside Park
Address: 559 Hartford Ave, Providence, RI 02909
8. Colvitto’s Pizza and Bakery – Narragansett, RI
Colvitto’s Pizza and Bakery has been around since 1992, offering its customers fresh products at fair prices. The bakery makes traditional and authentic Italian products. Their products are made on the premises seven days a week.
Their pizza strips are chewy with smooth and tasty sauce slathered on it. Colvitto offers catering services and online ordering with a variety of items included. A dine-in facility is available here.
- Must Try Items: Calzones, Spinach Piee, Pizza Strips
- Hours: Monday – Sunday from 9 am to 8 pm
- Contact: 401-783-8086
- Nearby Attractions: Adventureland Family Fun Park, Narragansett Town Beach
Address: 91 Point Judith Rd, Narragansett, RI
9. Antonio’s Bakery and Charlie’s Deli – Warwick, RI
Antonio’s Bakery and Charlie’s Deli were established in 1989. It is a bakery that offers delectable deli sandwiches. Their sandwich bread prepared is fresh every day.
They offer delicious celebration cakes for all occasions. Calzones, pizza strip board full party size, pastries, cookies, and pies, things a sweet tooth can want are available. Dine-in services are available at the bakery.
- Must Try Items: Pastries, Zepploes, Finger Sandwiches
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm. Saturday from 7 am to 7 pm; Sunday from 7 am to 5 pm
- Contact: 401-738-3727
- Nearby Attractions: Warwick City Park, Oakland Beach
Address: 2448 W Shore Rd, Warwick, RI
10. Vienna Bakery – Barrington, RI
Vienna Bakery has presented European-styled baked goods since 1923. They have won many awards every year. The bakery offers dine-in service as well as takeout.
Vienna Bakery specializes in all kinds of wedding cakes, speciality cakes, and birthday cakes. They also offer freshly brewed coffee any time of the day. Their pizza strips, round pizza, donuts, and everything the bakery offers are fresh and delectable
- Must Try Items: Bakery Pizza, cakes, Donuts
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 7.30 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 7.30 am to 5 pm
- Contact: 401-245-2355
- Nearby Attractions: Barrington Beach, The Maxwell House
Address: 10 Maple Ave, Barrington, RI 02806
11. Zaccagnini’s pastry shoppe – Pawtucket, RI
Zaccagnini’s Pastry Shoppe has been going strong for decades. They offer some of the creamiest pastries. Their staff are all very welcoming and helpful. The bakery offers impeccable food at reasonable prices.
Zaccagnini serves the best pizza strips in Rhode Island, along with celebration cakes, Zeppoles, pies, and Calzones.
- Must-Try Items: Pumpkin Pie, Carrot cake, Tiramisu
- Hours: Monday – Saturday from 7.30 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 7.30 am to 4 pm
- Contact: 401-723-2699
- Nearby Attractions: Lincoln Woods State Park, Old Slater Mill National Historic Landmark
Address: 546 Smithfield Ave, Pawtucket, RI
12. Borrelli’s Bakery – Providence, Rhode Island
Established in 1948, Borrelli’s Bakery is an authentic Italian bakery in Rhode Island running for three generations. They strive to offer their customers food with quality ingredients.
The bakery also offers catering services on demand. Delivery and takeaway are available. Party pizza strips, pizza chips, Italian bread, pastries, etc., are available at this shop.
- Must Try Items: Pizza Chips, Spinach Pies, Calzones
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 7 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 7 am to 3 pm
- Contact: 401-861-7955
- Nearby Attractions: Wanskuck Park, Fairlawn Veterans Memorial Park
Address: 805 Charles Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02904
Find Pizza Strips Near You
Finding the best pizza strips in Rhode Island is a hard job. The bakeries sell pastries, calzones, Italian breads, and cakes. Pizza strips are a Rhode Island specialty, and all these bakeries have kept the tradition alive.