You can find the best breads, desserts, pizza strips, zeppole, baked goods, etc, in RI. So, there are numerous great bakeries in Rhode Island. These bakeries are enough to satiate our cravings for baked goods. In addition to sweet treats, they sell a variety of snack items.
The bakeries combine traditional recipes and modern technology to curate mouthwatering delicacies. Only fresh and best-quality ingredients are used for baking. Many of them also sell customized cakes to suit various occasions. They serve desserts, sandwiches, pastries, ice creams, and many more.
The mention of Rhode Island brings flashes of colorful beaches and charming colonial towns. It’s also known as the “Culinary Capital” of the United States.
15 Best Bakeries in Rhode Island 2023
1. Pastiche Fine Desserts – Spruce St, RI
Pastiche is a lively & cozy European-style bakery on Rhode Island. Brandt Heckert and Eileen Collins established it in 1983. They aimed to serve the best quality dessert constantly.
At present, Amy Foster has been running the business for 30 years. Initially, Pastiche served as both a bakery and café. Their café service is stopped, but the bakery continues offering delicious desserts.
The bakery serves homemade pastries, fruit tarts, cakes, etc. Only the best & natural ingredients are used in preparing classic dishes. Dessert as both slices and entire cake are available for takeout. We recommend placing orders for 6″, 8″ and 10″ cakes in advance. Jams, fine coffee, tea, and chocolates are also offered for sale. Ordering wedding & customized cakes are available.
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday from 09:00 am to 10:00 pm, Friday-Saturday from 09:30 am to 10:30 pm, Sunday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, and closed on Monday.
- Famous Foods: Tiramisu, Fresh Fruit Tart, Cappuccino, Chocolate Mousse Cake, Torte, etc
- Phone: 401-861-5190
- Nearby Attractions: Waterplace Park and RISD Museum
Address: 92 Spruce St, Providence, RI 02903, United States
2. Wright’s Dairy Farm Inc. – Smithfield, RI
Wright’s Dairy is an airy bakery set inside a farm. This family-operated bakery has been selling quality dairy products since 1914. All products are baked & produced on the farm premises. Items such as sweets, cakes, breads, and fresh milk are popular. Wright’s Dairy Farm has many skilled pastry chefs. They use high-end ingredients to prepare various delicacies.
Specialty cakes by Wright’s are trendy now. Customization to satisfy the needs of customers is available. Cakes of various sizes, like small, large, economical, and extravagant, are offered. The bakery also sells pasteurized & bottled fresh milk. The retail store sells ice cream, pastries, pies, and many more.
- Hours: Sunday to Wednesday from 09:00 am to 06:00 pm and Thursday to Saturday from 08:00 am to 07:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Choc Chip Cookie Cake, Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie, NE Crumb, Fruit Cake, Limoncello, etc
- Phone: 401-767-3014
- Nearby Attractions: Museum of Work and Culture and Southwick’s Zoo
Address: 200 Woonsocket Hill Rd, North Smithfield, RI 02896, United States
3. Seven Stars Bakery – Hope St, Rhode Island
Seven Stars is a renowned bakery in Rhode Island. Lynn and Jim Williams set the bakery up in 2001. It offers a variety of handcrafted sandwiches, pastries, coffee, breads, and more. All items are prepared from scratch using long fermentation & finest ingredients. Seven Stars abstain from using any preservatives.
The bakery is available at five different locations- Providence (Point Street), Providence (East Side), Providence (West Side), Rumford, and Cranston. The main aim of Seven Stars is to bake artisan breads & pastries. Their crackers and iced coffee are popular among visitors. High-quality espresso & coffee is sourced from George Howell. Catering services are also available.
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 06:30 am to 06:00 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Scones, Hot Chocolate, Cookies, Lemon Cakes, Granola, etc
- Phone: 401-521-2200
- Nearby Attractions: RISD Museum and Waterplace Park
Address: 820 Hope St, Providence, RI 02906, United States
4. LaSalle Bakery – Admiral St., Rhode Island
LaSalle is a full-service & family-owned community bakery on Rhode Island. It was established in 1930 and sells various cakes, pastries, sandwiches, etc. They won the “Retail Bakery of the Year’’ award in 2011. Bakery items such as cookies, pies, and desserts are popular. LaSalle offers a breakfast & lunch menu to visitors.
The bakery is available at two different locations- Smith Street and Admiral Street. LaSalle has a cake for every occasion – showers, graduation, anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, etc. Three different varieties of Zeppoles are available. Catering services for corporate and private events are provided.
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm and Friday to Saturday from 07:00 am to 07:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Croissant, Sugar Cookies, Carrot Cake Muffin, Red Velvet Cupcakes, Eclair, etc
- Phone: 401-228-0081
- Nearby Attractions: Prospect Terrace and Roger Williams Park Zoo
Address: 685 Admiral St, Providence, RI 02908, United States
5. Antonio’s Bakery & Charlie’s Deli – W Shore Rd, RI
Antonio’s is a renowned bakery and an American cafe. It serves mouthwatering soups, sandwiches, cakes, breads, coffee, pastries, etc. The cafe, consisting of a bakery and deli, was set up in 1989.
Items such as pizzas, calzones, cupcakes, and cookies are popular. Only fresh & best-quality ingredients are used for cooking. Service options, including takeaway & in-store pickup, are available. Wheelchair-accessible entrance & parking is available.
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm, Saturday from 07:00 am to 07:00 pm and Sunday from 07:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Russian Tea Cake, Cinnamon Buns, Confetti Roll Cake, Cheesecake, Sfogliatella, Assorted Pastries, etc
- Contact: 401-738-3727
- Nearby Attractions: Rocky Point State Park and Carousel Village
Address: 2448 W Shore Rd, Warwick, RI 02889, United States
6. Ellie’s Bakery – Providence, Rhode Island
Ellie’s is a charming and snug eatery in Rhode Island. It popularly serves light fares, French pastries, and espresso drinks. The bakery was established in 2012 during winter. This place’s patio seating arrangements attract visitors.
Interior of Ellie’s is inspired by Parisian style. Dining options, including lunch, breakfast & dinner, are available. Customized cakes and artisan creations for weddings are curated on request.
This tiny 7-seat bakery won the “Couples Choice Awards” for three consecutive years. Catering services for various events are organized. Public and private baking classes are conducted.
Highlights at Ellie’s include a great selection of tea, coffee & desserts, and fast service. Offerings are comfort food, vegetarian options, small plates, quick bites, and more. Visitors also get to enjoy live performances while eating.
- Hours: Wednesday to Sunday from 08:00 am to 03:00 pm (breakfast & lunch) and Tuesday to Saturday from 06:00 pm to 10:00 pm (Confections, Cocktails, and coffee)
- Famous Foods: Cappuccino, Macarons, Quiche, Avocado Toast, Chicken Sandwich, etc
- Phone: 401-563-3333
- Nearby Attractions: Burnside Park and India Point Park
Address: 225 Weybosset St, Providence, RI 02903, United States
7. Scialo Brothers Bakery – Atwells Ave, Rhode Island
Scialo is a famous Italian bakery in RI. It has been serving traditional pastries, cookies, and special cakes. The bakery was established by Luigi Scialo in 1916. To date, his original & authentic recipes are only used. Scialo aims to provide high-quality products while preserving authentic Italian flavors.
The bakery serves homemade tagliatelle, breads, torts, etc. Cakes for various occasions like graduation, wedding, birthdays, etc are available. Yellow, creamy Ricotta Zeppole are baked and served during March. Service options offered include dine-in, takeaway, and in-store pickup.
- Hours: Monday from 10:00 am to 04:00 pm, Tuesday to Thursday from 08:30 am to 07:00 pm, Friday from 08:30 am to 08:00 pm, Saturday from 08:30 am to 10:00 pm and Sunday from 08:30 am to 05:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Cheesecake, Cupcakes, Tiramisu, Pecan Tart, Zeppole, etc
- Phone: 401-421-0986
- Nearby Attractions: Roger Williams Park and Carousel Village
Address: 257 Atwells Ave, Providence, RI 02903, United States
8. Buono’s Italian Bakery – Hartford Ave, RI
Buono’s Italian Bakery is the “Best Kept Secret” in Providence. This family-operated eatery was set up 90 years ago. It aims at curating only high-end delicacies for customers. A combination of traditional methods & modern technology is used for baking.
In 2006, Buono enhanced their baking equipment. New modern mixers, racks, and ovens from Italy were imported. Certified and skilled bakers are associated with this place.
The bakery is known to use only quality ingredients. Unbromat & unbleached flour is used in baking. Water available on site is ultra-filtered to remove contamination during transit. Buono’s always showcase a “Freshly Baked” sign on their window. Items like pizzas, biscuits, calzones, pastries, etc are available for sale.
- Hours: Tuesday to Thursday from 07:00 am to 02:00 pm, Friday to Saturday from 07:00 am to 04:00 pm, Sunday from 07:00 am to 01:00 pm, and closed on Monday
- Famous Foods: Pizza Strips, cookies, Sfogitelle, Cannoli, Zeppoli, etc
- Phone: 401-421-4554
- Nearby Attractions: Providence Children’s Museum and Waterplace Park
Address: 559 Hartford Ave, Providence, RI 02909, United States
9. Silver Spoon Bakery – East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Silver Spoon is a Parisian-style bakery in East Greenwich. The bakery features a wide range of Martinis, wines, Mimosa, cocktails, Spiked Coffee, and more. There are three lounges – The Parisian Tea Room, The Parisian Cafe, and The Special Events Lounge.
All lounges are rented on special occasions. Both indoor and outdoor seating arrangements are available. In 2014, Silver Spoon won the “Best of RI” award.
- Hours: Sunday and Monday from 10:00 am to 04:00 pm, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm, & Thursday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Macaroons, Cake Pops, Juices, Birthday Cakes, Cupcakes, etc
- Phone: 401-384-0078
- Nearby Attractions: Clouds Hill Museum and Goddard Memorial State Park
Address: 58 Main St, East Greenwich, RI 02818, United States
10. DeLuise Bakery – Cranston, Rhode Island
DeLuise is a family-operated local bakery in Rhode Island. Initially, the bakery was established on Chalkstone Avenue. Later, in 2012, the operations were expanded to Cranston. The bakery sells products for every occasion – anniversaries, graduation, birthdays, weddings, etc. Visitors enjoy delicious homemade pizza, Spinach Pies, Cupcakes, zeppoles, etc.
The bakery specializes in preparing holiday Italian cookies and wedding cakes. Various delicious pies like apple cream, blueberry, coconut, custard, pumpkin, and chocolate are available. Other items, including Boston cream pies and strawberry shortcakes, are also sold. Service options provided are delivery, takeaway, and in-store pickup.
- Hours: Tuesday to Friday from 07:00 am to 07:00 pm, Saturday from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm, Sunday from 07:00 am to 03:00 pm, and closed on Monday
- Famous Foods: Donuts, Pizza Strips, Cannolis, Tiramisu, Eclairs Cheesecake, etc
- Phone: 401-943-4567
- Nearby Attractions: Prospect Terrace and Sprague Mansion
Address: 701 Oaklawn Ave, Cranston, RI 02920, United States
11. Sin – Westminster St, Rhode Island
Sin is Rhode Island’s modern bakery serving made-to-order cakes. The bakery won the “Best of RI” award for 12 consecutive years. Every item is made using the best quality & fresh ingredients. Sin is known to bake everything from scratch. Dietary needs of customers like gluten-free, vegan, or eggless are accommodated.
Snacks and retail merchandise are delivered through USPS. Customers enjoy online ordering facilities, too. Fully and semi-customizable cakes for various occasions are offered for ordering. Booking in advance at Sin is highly recommended. Amenities provided include a Gender-neutral washroom & free Wi-Fi. Service options are available for delivery, in-store pickup, in-store shopping, and takeaway.
- Hours: Tuesday from 09:30 am to 01:00 pm, Wednesday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 05:00 pm, Friday to Saturday from 08:00 am to 11:30 pm, Sunday from 08:00 am to 05:00 pm and closed on Monday
- Famous Foods: Red Velvet Cupcakes, Cookies, Breakfast Sandwiches, Lemon Tart, Funfetti Cupcakes, etc
- Phone: 401-369-8427
- Nearby Attractions: RISD Museum and Waterplace Park
Address: 1413 Westminster St, Providence, RI 02909, United States
12. Borrelli’s Bakery – Charles St, Rhode Island
Borrelli’s Bakery has been a staple for RI since 1948. The bakery aims at offering customers only the best services & products. They are known to use traditional recipes till now. Borrelli caters to every need of visitors, from Italian breads to pastries.
Specialties here include pizzas, breads, birthday cakes, and more. New online ordering of food via the website is now available. The entire takeaway menu is offered for online orders.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm and Sunday from 07:00 am to 03:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Special Large Italian Loaf, Sourdough Bread, Cannolis, Sfogliatelle, etc
- Phone: 401-861-7955
- Nearby Attractions: Escape Room Rhode Island and Lippitt House Museum
Address: 805 Charles St, Providence, RI 02904, United States
13. Silver Stars Bakery – Providence, RI
Silver Stars is a Portuguese-style bakery in Providence. It serves traditional American & European cakes and pastries. Initially, it started as a small town bakery. Now, Silver Star is a renowned name in the area. They use the best quality ingredients to prepare various delicacies. Both takeaway and in-store shopping are available.
The main attractions of Silver Star are the friendly staff and excellent coffee selection. Specialties here include soups, sandwiches, breads, coffee, and pastries. Skilled bakers are associated with the place. The bakery has a wheelchair-accessible entrance.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 05:00 am to 08:00 pm and Sunday from 05:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Cheesecakes Lemon, Pastel De Nata, Egg Custard, Sweet Bread, Malasadas, etc
- Phone: 401-421-8013
- Nearby Attractions: Prospect Terrace and The John Brown House Museum
Address: 150 Ives St, Providence, RI 02906, United States
14. Taunton Avenue Bakery – East Providence, RI
Taunton Avenue is a well-known cake shop and bakery in Eastern Providence. It serves Portuguese pastries and breads. The bakery is a cozy & bright place attracting many visitors. Customized coffee and cakes are available.
Specialties include dessert items, fresh sandwiches, bread dishes, etc. Taunton Avenue has friendly staff offering superior services. In-store pickup, in-store shopping, and takeaway are available.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 05:00 am to 07:30 pm and Sunday from 05:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Famous Foods: Egg Tart with Cinnamon, Cappuccino, Bean Tart, Cannoli Donuts, Apple Crumble, etc
- Phone: 401-434-3450
- Nearby Attractions: Seekonk Grand Prix and Pomham Rocks Lighthouse
Address: 217 Taunton Ave, East Providence, RI 02914, United States
15. Morning Star Bakery – East Providence, RI
Morning Star is a family-owned bakery serving flavourful fares. A Portuguese family established the bakery. To share their authentic family recipes with everyone. Morning Star started as a small eatery. Today, they serve a variety of delicious drinks & foods. Dining options available here are breakfast and lunch. Online ordering of food through the website is available.
The bakery is a one-stop destination for all baked items. Looking for a quick snack or wholesome breakfast, they have it all. Offerings include cookies, pastries, coffee, sandwiches, breads and more. In-store shopping and takeaway are offered. There is a wheelchair-accessible entrance and parking for visitors.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 05:00 am to 07:00 pm, Sunday from 05:00 am to 03:00 pm, and closed on Tuesday
- Famous Foods: Sweet Bread, Ice Cream Toppings, Pastel De Nata, etc
- Phone: 401-473-0719
- Nearby Attractions: India Point Park and Burnside Park
Address: 1106 S Broadway, East Providence, RI 02914, United States
Find Bakeries Near You
When you have a big sweet tooth, explore the local bakeries in Rhode Island. Enjoy a perfect cup of coffee with friends and family. These bakeries combine Western and Eastern culinary expertise. To create a variety of sweet & savory dishes. The cozy and bright ambiance of these places is a crowd-puller.