Many dance clubs and venues in Maine offer the best dance music. This beautiful coastal city offers fantastic nightlife with some buzzing dance clubs. It has all sorts of venues, from popular to hidden gems.
Dancing is a way to remove the hefty workload of a whole week. These dance venues in Maine offer the best mode of entertainment. Live entertainment is also a part of these clubs. From live bands to local talents, they give a platform to all sorts of artists. They make sure to give the visitors an excellent experience.
14 Dance Clubs and Venues in Maine
1. Bubba’s Sulky Lounge – Portland, Maine
Bubba’s Sulky Lounge is the most popular dancing club in Portland. Owner Bubba opened this place in 1961, and it has held its position for forty-seven years. The club has two bars, and the main bar is in the middle of the room, adjacent to a parlor.
The club also has two dance floors, one playing 70s and 80s disco beats. The presence of legend DJ Jon on Friday and his unique ‘Everything Dance Party’ on Saturday adds an extraordinary moment. Gift boxes, lunch boxes, antiques, and a barber shop are present.
- Events: Everything Dance Party Saturdays with DJ Jon, 80s Night
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 8 am to 7 pm and Friday to Saturday from 8 am to 1 am
- Contact: 207-828 – 0549
- Nearby Attractions: Monument Square, Tommy’s Park
Address: 92 Portland St, Portland, ME 04101
2. Flask Lounge – Portland, ME
Flask Lounge is a sug club in the neighborhood. It is a 21+ venue and has a zero-tolerance policy against racism. They have a live bar, which is known for its beer. Bands of all genres play here.
Live music, karaoke, and DJ nights are added benefits in this dance club. The entrance and the interior area are wheelchair accessible. They have an array of merchandise, from t-shirts, caps, beanies, and flasks. A gift certificate facility is available.
- Events: NECTAR – Ft. Max Dansky, Open Eye Visual & Guests, FEELS – Dance Party
- Hours: Sunday to Saturday from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-772-3122
- Nearby Attractions: Victoria Mansion, Portland Museum of Art
Address: 117 Spring St, Portland, ME 04101
3. Aura – Portland, Maine
Aura is the best dance party location in Portland. This multipurpose, unique venue of the northeast is home to many happening concerts and performances. Previously known as The Asylum, a live music venue, it was rebuilt in 2017. Their particular VIP lounge allows private parties and pre-concert gatherings. They also provide catering services.
The downstair of Aura is a prominent space for weekly dance nights. It can be rented for social gatherings. The building can accommodate up to 100 people on multiple floors. They have state-of-the-art technology, and their superior sound system makes the dance floor buzzing. AURA’s Sports Grill has several options for a light bite.
- Events: Emo Night Portland, Shaun Cassidy
- Hours: Monday and Tuesday from 11.30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 11.30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11.30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-772-8274
- Nearby Attractions: Maine Duck Tours, Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad
Address: 121 Center Street, Portland, ME 04101
4. Oasis – Portland, ME
Oasis is a multilevel dance floor in the Historic Old Port of Portland. They have a dance floor upstairs. It has state-of-the-art types of equipment. The sound quality of this dance club is cutting-edge. A live bar and DJ are other perks of this place.
Their downstairs area features two full bars and an outside patio. It is home to live ads, games, and four TVs. They have the best crew in Portland. This premium tropical-themed bar cum dance club is the go-to place in this neighborhood.
- Events: DJ Royale, Hot 104.7’s Ryan Deelon
- Hours: Friday and Saturday from 12 a.m. to 12.45 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Contact: 207-772-8274
- Nearby Attractions: Victoria Mansion, The Escape Room
Address: 42 Wharf St, Portland, ME 04101
5. Maine Street – Ogunquit, Maine
Maine Street is the largest gay nightclub in New England. It has two dance rooms, three bars, and two outdoor decks. The nearby world-class beach is a paradise for visitors. This foodie town is an ideal place to visit for grabbing sacks or lite bites.
Besides being the best dance club, it is also home to many shows. From drag to comedy, all kinds of shows are hosted here. The top 40 dancing in the new room, light shows, karaoke, pool tournaments, etc., are some worth-mentioning programs of this place.
It also hosts charitable events for community purposes. This party central is the only bar that opens through winter. Their resident DJ, Aga, anchors the DJ lineups. Their unique styles bring a new sense of creativity to improve the experience. They have food and cocktails on their menu.
- Events: Dancing with DJ Aga, Bears and Boys Mens Dance Event
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Saturday to Sunday from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-646-5101
- Nearby Attractions: Ogunquit Heritage Museum, Ogunquit Museum of American Art
Address: 195 Main St, Ogunquit, ME 03907
6. Mixers Nightclub & Lounge, Sabattus – ME
Mixers Nightclub is the hottest dance and live music venue in Central Maine. In addition to wheelchair-accessible seating, there is outdoor seating. This entertainment hub is the best place to hang around and relax.
This dance cum nightclub is home to the local talents. Several bands perform here on weekends. A variety of drinks and snacks are also available. For any special events, the club provides its indoor venue for rent.
- Events: Retro dance music by Steve Colella, Retro Dance Party
- Hours: Sunday and Thursday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday to Saturday from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Happy hour is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Contact: 207-375-4188
- Nearby Attractions: Purinton Homestead Conservation Area, Maine Maritime Museum
Address: 136 Sabattus Road, Sabattus, ME 04280
7. Citrus – Portland, Maine
Citrus is the premier dance club in Maine. It is best known for its classic dance music. Top DJs, techno music, deep houses, and spinning EDM are the key highlights of this place. Weekend rave parties are hosted here. It is the best place for partying because of its high-energy vibe and acoustic harmony.
Costume parties, theme parties, salsa dance nights, and special DJ appearances make this place worth a visit. To make the experience more memorable, they also serve frozen cocktails, wines, beer, mixed drinks, and tapas. The entire bar area and their VIP lounge are other benefits.
Outside dance facility is available in their spacious patio to get cool air. It is an excellent location for private events like bachelorettes, group outings, etc. The VIP area offers bottled service.
- Events: Kynd & Daze Inn, Classic Cuts w/ Tylord
- Hours: Tuesday to Wednesday from 5 p.m. till it closes. Sunday and Thursday to Friday from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Saturday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-772-1400
- Nearby Attractions: Portland Museum of Art, Portland Observatory
Address: 1 City Center, Portland, ME 04101
8. Brunswick Lounge – Old Orchard Beach, ME
Brunswick Lounge is an exclusive beachfront location in the picturesque Old Orchard Beach. They provide dinner, lunch, and live entertainment all year round. Their outside patio acts as a restaurant and sports bar, which serves pub fare and dinner menus.
The indoor features a full 7.1 sound system on the surroundings and 30 premium TVs. High-definition sound quality and life-like visuals take this place to another level. Their subscription to DirecTV allows visitors to enjoy live matches. This dance club has weekly and nightly rentals throughout the year.
It has a dance floor and a stage bar serving refreshing beverages. Nightclub-style lighting, state-of-the-art sound booth, and PA system add a happening touch. All the light and sound technicians cater to the visitors’ every need.
- Events: Tyler Haley Band, Stolen Mojo
- Hours: Sunday through Wednesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Contact: 207-934-4873
- Nearby Attractions: Old Orchard Beach Historical, Palace Playland
Address: 39 W Grand Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064
9. Penobscot Pour House – Bangor, Maine
Penobscot is a place full of entertainment and booze. The welcoming, relaxing atmosphere makes visitors comfortable and at ease. It is the most loved bar cum entertainment facility in Bangor.
In this bar, local bands take on classic rock songs. Every weekend, new bands’ jamming session creates an ideal situation for dancing. They have weekly specials entertainment every weekend. The free pool is their other perk.
Buzztime trivia and poker create another dimension to this bar. They have a selection of food and beverages. This 21+ bar is ideal for decreasing the pressure after an immense workload.
- Events: Triple Threat, River Bottom Funk
- Hours: Sunday, Monday, and Thursday from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday is from 12.00 p.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday from noon to midnight, and Friday to Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-941-8805
- Nearby Attractions: Paul Bunyan Statue, Bass Park
Address: 14 Larkin St., Bangor, ME 04401
10. Pier Patio Pub – Old Orchard Beach, ME
Pier Patio is a famous waterfront restaurant cum bar that also gained popularity for its entertainment. It is located 600 ft on the pier and gives an uninterrupted view of the Atlantic Ocean. The outside patio, peer planking, and the newly remodeled ambiance give customers a never-have experience. During high tide, the restaurant sways gently with the waves.
This is a favorite place for locals and tourists. Their nightclub has DJ nights, solo dances, duets, live bands, etc. The fresh seafood is another feature of this joint.
- Events: Get your Dance on With DJ Busch
- Hours: Sunday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-934-3595
- Nearby Attractions: Palace Playland, Funtown Splashtown USA
Address: 2 Old Orchard St, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064
11. Crystal Falls – Chelsea, Maine
Crystal Falls is a renowned space dedicated to dancing. The spacious dance room and the wooden floor are perfect for dancing. No alcohol is served here in this club.
On every Saturday, live bands play in this place. They have wheelchair accessibility at their entrance. Visitors are allowed to bring in their drinks. Occasionally, two different bands play at the same time, indoor and outdoor.
- Events: Sharon Hood and Dixon Road, Borderline Express
- Hours: Friday and Saturday from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-582-8620
- Nearby Attractions: Palace Playland, Funtown Splashtown USA
Address: 1280 Eastern Ave, Chelsea, ME 04330
12. Acme Social Club – Lewiston, ME
Acme Social Club is an excellent place for a few drinks and dance. This hole-in-the-wall bar has an amiable owner and staff. They have both indoor and outdoor spaces.
They play very tasteful music that makes the dancing more enjoyable. The bar area has a selection of drinks to choose from. Their pool table is another added perk. Live bands also perform here.
- Events: Live by Harpoon Band
- Hours: Sunday to Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Thursday from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m., and Friday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Contact: 207-782-9309
- Nearby Attractions: Kennedy Park, Bates College Museum of Art
Address: 255 Park St, Lewiston, ME 04240
13. Sun Tiki Studios – Portland, ME
Sun Tiki Studios is a live music venue and performing art space in Portland. This all-ages place has taken its name from a previously situated tanning parlor. It is a full-service practice and rehearsal area during daytime and off-show nights.
This place is free of any judgment and a genre-defying space. It is home to local as well as traveling musicians. All talents can perform here, from regional, local, and national to international artists. An array of merchandise is available online for purchase.
- Events: HIGHER GROUND ~ a tribute to Stevie Wonder ~ a benefit for Sweetser, Adulting with Suburban Samurai & Blame it on Whitman
- Hours: Sunday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Contact: 207-808-8080
- Nearby Attractions: Southworth Planetarium, International Cryptozoology Museum
Address: 375 Forest Ave, Portland, ME 04101
14. Silver Spur – Mechanic Falls, Maine
Silver Spur is the capital of Maine in Country Music. Owners DeeDee & Peter Allen showcase their passion for country music through this dance space. Every Saturday, live bands play here. They have some of the best talents from the State and the country.
The place offers ample seating and a spacious dance floor. Their balcony and downstairs area are equally lovers by the visible as it is comforting. Any special event is hosted here. Deedee handles line dancing.
- Events: Murky Water, Peter Allen & Hurricane Mountain band
- Hours: Saturday dance from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Line dancing Monday from 6 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- Contact: 207-345-3211
- Nearby Attractions: Bates College Museum of Art, Poland Spring Preservation Society
Address: 272 Lewiston St, Mechanic Falls, ME 04256
Find the Nightlife Near You
As mentioned above, these places are Maine’s best dance clubs and venues. They offer astounding nightlife to all the locals and tourists alike. These clubs are a hub of many talented artists, allowing them to showcase their talents. Some of them have other modes of entertainment to relieve all the workload and have a relaxing evening. Visit one of these venues and experience a buzzing night of dancing and happiness.
- Best Seafood Restaurants In Maine
- Best Places for a Bloody Mary in Maine
- Best Candy Shops In Maine
- Best Doughnut Shops In Maine
- Best Tea Houses And Shops In Maine
- Best Furniture Stores In Maine
- Best Corn Mazes in Maine
- Best Garden Centers And Nurseries In Maine
- Best Chocolate Shops in Maine
- Best Boat Tours in Maine
- Best Skate Shops in Maine
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Maine
- Best Antique Stores in Maine
- Best Spas in Maine
- Best Mini Golf Courses In Maine