The candy shops in Maine are known for their unique and delicious candy. From traditional chocolates to unique flavors, tons of candy shops throughout the state offer the sweetest treats. The state has some of the country’s most iconic and delicious candy stores.
Here’s a guide to some of the best candy stores in Maine, from classic old-fashioned confections to unique new flavors. Whether you’re looking for something special to satisfy your sweet tooth, these are the best places in Maine to get your fix.
16 Best Candy Places In Maine
1. Yummies Candy & Nuts – Kittery, Maine
Yummies Candy & Nuts is best known as the dreamland for candy lovers. Thousands of candies of various flavors and tastes are stacked from top to floor of the shop. Yummies have been serving sweets to many happy customers since 1986.
All the candies are manufactured in small batches for fresh supply. Each piece is handpicked individually. The shop makes candies suited for different occasions, like chocolate bunnies, jelly bean eggs, and easter baskets for Easter.
The shop takes online orders of candies and nuts and offers prompt delivery. There is a Yummies apparel store within the shop. You can buy t-shirts and other items with photos of candies imprinted on them from here. It’s one of the largest candy stores in Maine.
- Popular Candies: Chocolate, Gummies, Jellies, Sugar-Free Candies, Gift Cards, Traditional Candies, Saltwater Tuffy.
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 08:00 am- 05:00 pm.
- Contact: 877-498-6643
- Nearby Attractions: Portsmouth Historical Society, Prescott Park.
Address: 384 US-1, Kittery, ME 03904
2. Len Libby – Scarborough, ME
Len Libby is a part of the local culture in Scarborough. Len Libby is a century-old shop. It’s named after the first owner and the master candy maker, Len Libby. This famous chocolate and candy shop in Maine has a life-size chocolate Moose sculpture made from pure milk chocolate and white chocolate, unveiled in 1997.
Besides candies and unusual chocolate trips, the shop sells ice creams, frozen yogurts, and other tasty treats. The gift and apparel section contains stuffed toys, t-shirts, comic books, games, puzzles, coffee mugs, and wine glasses. The Bangor Tuffy and freshly roasted nuts are must-try delicacies of this shop.
- Popular Candies: Sea Salt Caramels, Lemon Zest Bark, Maple Walnut Bark, Chocolate Truffles, Peanut Butter Cups, Non-Pareils, Molded Chocolates.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 207.883.4897
- Nearby Attractions: Bug Light, Monument Square.
Address: 419 US Route 1, Scarborough, ME 04074
3. Ben & Bill’s Chocolate Emporium – Bar Harbor, ME
Ben & Bill’s Chocolate Emporium serves some of the best handmade chocolates in Bar Harbor. The store is five decades old. The recipes of the chocolates and candies are passed through generations. The chocolate fudge and different barks are handmade and served fresh every day.
The place serves gelato ice creams beside handmade original-flavor ice creams here. The sugar-free candies served here are one of a kind. You can also get authentic buttercrunch in this emporium. The shop also distributes gift cards to local high schools.
- Popular Candies: Maple Sugar Candy, Tuffy, Truffles, Dark Chocolate Cashu Bark, Milk Chocolate Almond Bark, Chocolate Fudge, Blueberry Taffy.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 am-08:00 pm, Sunday: 11:00 am- 08:00 pm.
- Contact: (207) 288-3281
Address: 66 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
4. Perry’s Nut House – Belfast, Maine
Perry’s Nut House is a part of the local community culture of Belfast. The store has been there for almost a century. It serves fresh homemade fudge, freshly roasted nuts, and delicious candies.
It’s a fascinating shop for every member of the family. Kids love the collection of toys, stuffed gorillas, alligator hide, trick mirrors, murals, and many more items. Besides candies and fudge, you can also check the apparel store in the Nut House.
This local store has a massive collection of T-shirts and other goodies. A hanging alligator, a wiggly guy, a python hide, and mummified bodies are in the store. Make sure you check all of them before leaving it.
- Popular Candies: Chocolate Rocks, Jordan Almonds, Sour Patch Kids, Maple Malt Balls, Gummy Bears, Gummy Lobsters, Cashew Turtles, Buttercrunch, Chocolate Dipped Ginger.
- Hours: May and August: Sunday- Saturday: 09:00 am-06:00 pm, September- April: Sunday- Saturday: 10:00 am- 05:00 pm.
- Contact: 207-338-1630
- Nearby Attractions: Heritage Park, Belfast Armistice Bridge.
Address: 45 Searsport Ave. (US Route 1), Belfast, Maine 04915
5. Dickinson’s Candy – Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Dickinson’s Candy is a candy wonderland for everyone. From branded candies to handmade candies, everything is available here. There are counters for cotton candies and kettle corn at the store. The store has a 4000 sq ft candy factory and an ice parlor on top of the hill nearby. The place serves daily fresh fudge, salt water, taffy, and handmade candies.
- Popular Candies: Salt Water Taffy, Fudge, Chocolate, Cotton Candy, lollipop, gummy bears, jelly beans, kettle corn.
- Hours: Every day from 11 am to 9 pm
- Contact: 207-934-7507
- Nearby Attractions: Saco Museum, Palace Playland
Address: 42 Old Orchard St, Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064, United States
6. Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate Confections – Freeport, ME
Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate Confections is a famous brand of a chocolatier family in Freeport since 1983. The store has two more outlets in Downtown Freeport and Downtown Brunswick. It uses local harvests to make a fresh batch of chocolate and other popular candies in small batches to preserve the flavors.
The store makes different chocolate, sweet sauces, and seasonal candies with local harvests. They offer service for weddings and other parties. Candy and chocolate hampers are designed based on occasions and seasons, like wedding and corporate hampers. Different festivals are celebrated at the store. Chocolate egg hunting on Easter is a popular celebration for kids at Wilbur’s.
- Popular Candies: Bunny Corn, Black Licorice Jelly Bean, Christmas Candy, Gummi Bunnies, Gummy Bears, Homemade Fudge, Fudge Egg, Chocolate Sauce.
- Hours: Monday- Wednesday: 10:00 am- 05:30 pm, Thursday- Saturday: 09:00 am- 06:00 pm, Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 207-865-4071
- Nearby Attractions: Desert Of Maine, Mast Landing Audubon Sanctuary.
Address: 174 Lower Main St., Suite 11, Freeport, ME 04032
7. Uncle Willy’s Candy Shoppe – Camden, Maine
Uncle Willy’s Candy Shoppe started its journey in 2008. Karen Keber is the owner of this inventory. Besides traditional and branded candies and chocolates, this shop sells varieties of handmade, gourmet chocolates, fudge, truffles, gummies, jelly beans, candies, and many more items. These are all made in small batches regularly to keep a fresh supply.
The shop sells different handmade chocolates for different occasions. Chocolate-coated strawberries, chocolate hearts, truffles with molded chocolate, chocolate angles for Valentine’s Day and chocolate bunnies, chocolate-filled eggs, and Sir Willy for the Easter egg hunt.
- Popular Candies: Sir Willy, Chocolate Bunnies, Chocolate coated Strawberry, Chocolate Hearts, Truffles,
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday: 10:00 am- 05:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm- 05:00 pm, Monday & Tuesday: closed.
- Contact: 207-230-2470
- Nearby Attractions: Custis Island Lighthouse, Camden Hills State Park.
Address: 57 Bay View Street, Camden, ME 04843
8. Monica’s Chocolates – Lubec, ME
Monica’s Chocolates is a popular candy store in Lubec. Monica Elliot uses her recipes to make these bittersweet milk and white chocolates. Dry and fresh fruits, caramels, nuts, berries, and liqueurs fill these chocolates.
Monica uses her Peruvian culture to cultivate new recipes for her customers. You can buy different gourmet items like Costa Rican coffee, Brown Ginger Mustard, and Salsa of Berries. Unique chocolate boxes are available here, best suited for occasions.
- Popular Candies: Chocolate Bonbon, Maine Needham, Chocolate Dipped Fruit, Salsa Of Berries, Chocolate Sea Urchin, Chocolate Caramel with Maine Seasalt, Sportman’s Gift Box.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 08:00 am- 05:00 pm.
- Contact: 207-733-4500
- Nearby Attractions: Roosevelt Campobello International Park, Reversing Falls Park.
Address: 100 County Rd, Lubec, ME, United States, Maine
9. Harbor Candy – Ogunquit, ME
Harbor Candy in Ogunquit impressed many candy and chocolate lovers. The shop uses superior-quality ingredients to make traditional American and European chocolates. All of these are handmade in small batches. Original Vanilla, Fresh milk, Egg, High-quality Coco, and gelatine are used to make these candies.
The shop takes bulk orders for parties and occasions. Harbor Candy updates the official webpage with their annual confectionary menu every year. It includes new items in the list. The shop sells high-quality chocolates with recipes passed down through generations.
- Popular Candies: Real Fruit Jellies, Easter Eggs, Truffle, Marzipan, Chewy Nut Assortment, Easter Pail, Calico Bunny, Favourite Sampler Vegan, Fudge,
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 09:00 am- 05:00 pm.
- Nearby Attractions: York’s Wild Kingdom, Nubble Lighthouse.
Address: 248 Main Street, Ogunquit, ME 03907
10. Perkins Cove Candies – Wells, Maine
Perkins Cove Candies has three outlets in Ogunquit and Wells. The shop is almost four decades old. Small batches of handmade candies and chocolates are made every day. Sugar-free candy, fudge, and saltwater taffy are the most popular items here.
Perkins Cove Candies is a family-owned business. They offer special hampers for parties, weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries. Special chocolates are made based on the theme of parties and occasions.
- Popular Candies: Sugar-free Candy, Fudge, Turtle Chocolate, Salt Water Taffy, Milk Chocolate Taffy.
- Hours: Wednesday- Monday: 10:00 am- 04:00 pm, Tuesday: Closed.
- Contact: 207-646-3003
- Nearby Attractions: Brick Store Museum, Seashore Trolley Museum.
Address: Rt 1, 966 Post Rd, Wells, ME 04090, United States
11. Old Port Candy Co. – Portland, Maine
Old Port Candy Co. is a famous family-owned candy shop in Portland. This shop’s smell of freshly made fudge and other candies has attracted kids and adults since 2002. The candies are homemade with all-natural and locally harvested ingredients.
Besides fudge and candies, Maine sweets are famous in this vintage shop. Blueberry popcorn, chocolate-coated Blueberries, Candy Lobster, Atomic Fireballs, Nut-free Jelly Beans, and many more.
People can design their candy baskets with all these candies and use the gift cards of Old Port Candy Co. to gift kids on their birthdays. You can find wholesale old-fashioned candy in bulk here.
- Popular Candies: Fudge, Foiled Egg, Gummi Bunnies, Almond Bark, Candy Covered Pretzel, Coconut Clusters, Nut-free Jelly Beans, Fizzy Cola, Gum Drops.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 11:00 am- 06:00 pm, Sunday: 11:00 am- 05:00 pm.
- Contact: 207-772-0600
- Nearby Attractions: Lincoln Park, Fort Preble.
Address: 422 Fore St, Portland, ME 04101, United States
12. Haven’s Candies – Westbrook, ME
Haven’s Candies is a century-old candy shop in Maine. The shop was established in 1915. Besides Westbrook, it has another outlet in Portland. The place sells handmade candies and chocolates. The recipes of these are passed through generations.
Haven’s Candies takes bulk orders as a candy supplier for occasions like Christmas parties, weddings, and corporate parties. The gift cards of this shop are a good option for gifting others. Customized chocolates for different occasions are also available in this shop.
- Popular Candies: Bear Paws, Saltwater Taffy, Almond Bark, Bangor Taffy, Blueberry Pints, Cherry Cordial, Chocolate Acorn.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:00 am- 05:00 pm, Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 207-772-1557
- Nearby Attractions: Tate House Museum, Riverton Trolley Park.
Address: 87 County Road, Westbrook, Maine 04092
13. Ragged Coast Chocolates – Westbrook, Maine
Ragged Coast Chocolates is an award-winning chocolate and candy shop in Westbrook. The shop is located near Black Dinah Mountain. The co-owner of this shop, Kate Shaffer, offers her recipes for chocolates and baked foods for everyone. You can find chocolates specially crafted for weddings, birthdays, and corporate parties.
Kate uses all the finest ingredients for her confectionery, like whole spices imported from Venezuela, Belgium, and Peru, Fresh cream, and locally harvested organic herbs. Cruelty-free vegan chocolate is used in the shop.
You can buy t-shirts, cookbooks, baking mixes, and ingredients from the shop. Gift cards from Ragged Coast Chocolates are a good choice for any occasion.
- Popular Candies: Woodland Creatures, Easter Gift Box, Dark Chocolate Truffles, Dark Chocolate Tahini.
- Hours: Wednesday- Friday: 03:00- 06:00 pm, Saturday: 10:00 am- 02:00 pm.
- Contact: 207- 887-9763
- Nearby Attractions: International Cryptozoology Museum, Southworth Planetarium.
Address: 869 Main St., Westbrook, Maine 04092
14. Bixby Chocolate Factory – Rockland, Maine
Bixby Chocolate Factory started its journey in 2011 under the guidance of young entrepreneur KAte MacAleer. The shop is located at a historic building in Rockland and maintains a strong connection with local culture. The candies and chocolates are designed with high-quality imported chocolates from the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Guatemala.
The candies are cruelty-free, Kosher, and Vegan. You can get chocolate bars made directly from cocoa beans here. Besides candies, the shop sells drinking chocolate, smoothie mixes, and many more. Specially customized candy gifts for different occasions are also sold here.
- Popular Candies: Peanut Butter Ganache Egg, Seasalt Chocolate Coated Caramel, Chocolate Bonbon, Allagash Beer Brittle, Lobster Dinner, Dark Chocolate Toffee.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 10:00 am-05:00 pm, Saturday & Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 207-691-2634
- Nearby Attractions: Harbor Park, Sail Power & Steam Museum.
Address: Bixby Chocolate Factory, Rockland, Maine
15. Party City – Bangor, Maine
Party City is Bangor’s famous party supply store. It has another outlet in South Portland. It’s a perfect spot to buy party supplies like candies, chocolates, party decorations, costumes, Accessories, balloons, bakeware, theme party collections, and many more items. The store offers home delivery service and free foil balloon blowing.
Supplies for weddings, Easter, Valentine’s Day, and Christmas are also available here. Fresh candy and chocolates are supplied regularly. For a better experience, you can use gift cards and coupons for shopping here.
- Popular Candies: Gourmet Popcorn Tub, Sweet & Sour Chew Mix, Ice Cream Candy Truck, Rock Candy Stick, Kiddie Candy Mix, Wilton Red Candy, Red Milk Chocolate.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 10:00 am-07:00 pm, Friday: 09:00 am- 08:00 pm, Saturday: 08:00 am- 07:00 pm, Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 207-300-2435
- Nearby Attractions: Cascade Park, Zillman Art Museum.
Address: 480 Stillwater Avenue, Bangor, Maine 04401, Store # 6066
16. R&R Chocolate – Wells, Maine
R&R Chocolate is a family-owned candy store in Wells. The shop is famous for chocolate-dipped berries and peppermint patties, pretzels, maple, Toffees, orange, and infused chocolates.
The smell of fresh fruits and chocolate makes this place irresistible for everyone. The handmade candies, Cannolis Platters, and Truffle platters are must-try items here.
- Popular Candies: Seasalt Caramel, Fresh Cannolis, Handmade Chocolate, Triple Dipped Strawberry, Truffle, Chocolate Covered Caramel, Decadent Treats, Toffee.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 11:00 am- 05:00 pm, Sunday: 11:00 am- 04:00 pm.
- Contact: 207-351-8091
- Nearby Attractions: Blowing Cave Park, Seashore Trolley Museum.
Address: 913 Post Rd US Route 1, Wells, ME, United States, Maine
Find Candy Stores Near You
Chocolates and candies are a big part of the local culture in Maine. Whether you’re looking for a classic treat or something more exotic, these candy shops in Maine have something for everyone. For candy lovers, it’s the best place for candy lovers to indulge in your sweet tooth. You can find everything in these shops, from fresh handmade candies to famous lobster-flavored gummies. These candy shops have everything to satisfy your sugar craving.
USA Maine articles:-
- Best Seafood Restaurants In Maine
- Best Places for a Bloody Mary in Maine
- The Lost Kitchen Reservations, Maine
- Best Tea Houses And Shops In Maine
- Best Furniture Stores In Maine
- Best Corn Mazes in Maine
- Best Garden Centers And Nurseries In Maine
- Best Chocolate Shops in Maine
- Best Boat Tours in Maine
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Maine
- Best Skate Shops in Maine
- Best Antique Stores in Maine
- Best Spas in Maine
- Best Dance Clubs and Venues in Maine
- Best Mini Golf Courses In Maine