20 Best Piercing Shops in Maine, United States 2023
Bangor, Portland, Waterville, Augusta Skowhegan, Rockland, Biddeford, Lewiston Orono, isle, etc., are the best piercing places in Maine. Getting pierced is by far the most famous activity worldwide. There are many body parts to adorn with beautiful jewelry.
Maine is once renowned for its pirates, sailors, and outlaw stories. The practice of body piercings is quite ancient. Body Piercing, Body Jewelry, nose piercing, Ear Piercing, etc., are primarily done in these Piercing studios. They use sterilized and high-end equipment & jewelry. Many shops offer all kinds of piercings, such as dermal, genital, standard, and basic. Various types of body jewelry are also available for sale.
Minors can only get pierced in the presence of guardians with proper identification. Most piercing shops in Maine accept both walk-ins and appointments. It’s recommended to contact the studios before visiting.
20 Best Piercing Places in Maine
1. Dark Harbor Tattoo Society – Exchange St, Maine
Dark Harbor Tattoo Society in Maine offers quality piercings & tattoos to clients. Jess and Steve Marza established the shop in 2018, where talented artists cater to every client’s need. In 2020, the shop shifted to 39 Exchange Street. The Tattoo parlor won the “Portland’s Best Tattoo Shop” award in 2021.
They added a second floor with gallery space & private rooms to the structure. This piercing studio performs different types of piercing like tongue, nose, lips, ears, etc. Artists Nick performs all kinds of piercing, especially big cartilage gauge piercings. They welcome both walk-ins and appointments.
- Address: 39 Exchange St, Portland, ME 04101
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 11:00 am to 07:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Phone no: (207) 956-7145
Read 15 Best Beauty Supply Stores in Maine
2. Coopa Creations – Biddeford, Maine
Coopa Creations have been in this business for over 15 years. They specialize in various techniques & styles. Piercing for under-18 clients is done in the presence of guardians with proper identification.
The piercing shop offers all kinds of piercing like standard, dermal, and genital. Trina has been working as a female piercing expert at Coopa for over ten years. She only accepts walk-ins on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Address: 321 Elm St, Biddeford, ME 04005, United States
- Hours: Only Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 12:00 pm to 06:00 pm
- Phone no: (207) 284-8882
Read 13 Best Pet Stores In Maine
3. Pins and Needles – Portland, ME
Pins and Needles is a great piercing shop in Maine. They have been in business for over 20 years. The shop provides ear and other kinds of body piercings. A comfortable ambiance & professional piercers attract many visitors daily.
Pins and Needles accept both walk-ins & appointments. It’s one of the piercing spots in Maine.
- Address: 259 St John St, Portland, ME 04101, United States
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 01:00 pm till 08:00 pm, Sunday from 12:00 pm till 05:00 pm
- Phone no: +1 207-774-8282
Read 30 Best Tattoo Parlors in Maine USA
4. Black Maple Piercing Studio – Windham, Maine
Black Maple Piercing Studio is among the best piercing shops in Maine. They are the only APP studio in the state. This studio offers piercing services using implant-grade body jewelry. They use high-end body jewelry from renowned brands. The minimum age requirement at Black Maple is seven years. Piercing of various kinds like standard, dermal, and genital are done here.
The studio is famous for using sterilized & single-use equipment. Piercer Whitney has been associated with Black Maple since 2011. She is a professional & certified (licensed) piercer. Piercing charges range between $10 and $90 (approx).
- Address: 690 Roosevelt Trail, Windham, ME 04062, United States
- Hours: Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday from 12:00 pm to 06:00 pm, closed on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Phone no: +1 207-572-4337
5. Windham Tattoo and Body Piercing – Maine
Windham Tattoo and Body Piercing is a popular piercing & retail shop in Maine. Piercing artists at Windham have over 20 years of experience. It offers all kinds of body piercings and tattoos. They also sell a variety of body jewelry items and t-shirts. The shop’s chief attraction is the clean ambiance & professional staff.
- Address: 940 Roosevelt Trail Ste 7, Windham, ME 04062, United States
- Hours: Monday-Sunday from 12:00 pm to 07:00 pm
- Phone no: +1 207-892-2108
Read 20 Best Places for Bubble Tea in Maine United States
6. Professional Piercers of Maine – St. Lewiston
Professional Piercers is among the best piercing shop in Maine. Their primary aim is to provide clients with sterility, compassion, and a fun experience. The piercing shop has over 21 years of experience. They offer Maine’s largest body jewelry collection for sale.
The piercing shop provides high sterility as per “The Association of Professional Piercers’ Standard .” Soon Professional Piercers will be fully APP certified. Both Walk-ins and appointments are welcome. They only accept cash payments.
They offer service for every type of piercing. Like Nostril, Vertical, Counch, Snug Piercing, Stretched Lob, VerticalTragus, Eyebrow piercing, and many more. The place also sells different colored contact lenses.
- Address: 1205 Lisbon St, Lewiston, ME 04240, United States
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 12:00 pm to 07:00 pm, closed on Sunday
- Phone no: +1 207-689-3238
Read 16 Best Bike Shops in Maine United States
7. Ink Maine & Gaskyl Productions – Rumford
Ink Maine & Gaskyl Productions piercing shop in Maine offers all kinds of body piercing. The minimum age for lobe piercing is five years, the nostril piercing is 13 years, and the other piercing is 14 years. For minors to get pierced, guardianship & identification is mandatory. They also sell body jewelry of all kinds.
Artist Jes Roberts has been working at Ink Maine since 2012. The shop also offers piercing aftercare and cleaning techniques to clients. Piercing charges range between $10 and & $60 (approx).
- Address: 58 Congress St, Rumford, ME 04276, United States
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Phone no: 207-364-1550
Read 20 Best Art and Craft Supply Stores in Maine
8. Diversified Ink Tattoo Studio – Bangor
Ed Sheffer established Diversified Ink Tattoo Studio over 20 years ago. The studio has seven tattoos & one professional and certified piercing artist. Their chief aim is to provide clients with a clean, spacious, welcoming, and unique piercing experience. Diversified Ink has been voted “Bangor’s Best Studio” 10 times.
The studio provides ear piercing, facial piercing, body, and other piercings. Artist Haven prefers Walk-ins and allows a maximum of 5 people at a time. Charges at Diversified Ink range between $35 and $90 (approx).
- Address: 51 Washington Street, Bangor, ME 04401
- Hours: Monday-Sunday from 10:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Phone no: (207) 947-7238
Read 18 Best Dog-Friendly Beaches in Maine
9. Kokopelli’s Tattoo & Piercing – Bangor, ME
Kokopelli Tattoo & Piercing offers custom tattoos and piercing in Bangor, Maine. The piercing shop has professional and certified staff. Their reasonable prices & quality services attract many customers throughout the year. Piercing for under-18 clients is done in the presence of guardians with proper identification—charges at Kokopelli’s range from $25 to $35 (approx).
- Address: 663 Stillwater Ave, Bangor, ME 04401, United States
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 11:30 am to 05:00 pm, Sunday from 11:30 am to 03:00 pm
- Phone no: +1 207-991-9760
Read 15 Best Record Stores In Maine United States
10. Almost Famous Tattoos and Piercings – Portland, ME
Almost Famous Tattoos and Piercing is a customer-favorite piercing shop in Maine. They have been serving customers in Portland for over four years. The shop offers pre-designed and custom piercings to clients. Various piercings like tongue, ear, nose, belly button, Industrial Piercing, and genitals are offered.
The shop offers piercing services on a walk-in basis. Artists Aaron and Sam also provide aftercare and product recommendations. Piercing charges at Almost Famous range starts from $45 to $80 (approx).
- Address: 1170 Forest Ave, Portland, ME 04103
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm, closed on Sunday & Monday
- Phone no: (207) 747-4478
Read 16 Indian Restaurants in Maine with Best Foods
11. Koko’s Tattoo & Piercing – Maine Mall Rd
Koko’s Tattoo & Piercing is among the best piercing shops in Maine. The shop offers premium piercing & tattooing services to clients. They also sell glass smoking accessories, vapes, incense, novelty items, t-shirts, and more.
Koko provides all kinds of piercing, like ear, nose, and other body parts. Great discounts on piercings, tattoos, merchandise, etc., are offered. Both walk-ins and appointments are accepted.
- Address: 364 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME 04106, United States
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 10:00 am to 07:00 pm, Sunday from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Phone no: +1 207-477-7680
Read 15 Best Bagel Shops in Maine
12. True North Tattoos and Piercings – Augusta, Maine
True North Tattoos and Piercings is a famous piercing shop in Augusta, ME. The shop’s primary aim is to provide clients with high-end piercings & tattoos. They also sell here apparel and aftercare products. Artists Angelina & Kobeigh can do all kinds of creative body piercings.
Both walk-ins & appointments are accepted and carry titanium and 14kt solid gold jewelry. They have the largest selection of safe piercing jewelry in Maine.
- Address: 161 Water Street, Augusta, Maine 04330, United States
- Hours: Daily from 10:00 am to 08:00 pm (walk-in)
- Phone no: +1 207-621-9900
Read 12 Best Health Food Stores in Maine [Natural & Organic]
13. The Creative Edge Tattoo & Body Piercing – Auburn, ME
The Creative Edge Tattoo & Body Piercing is a well-known piercing shop in Maine. The shop has an experience of over 40 years. They are known for providing custom body piercings and tattoos to clients.
Creative Edge’s comfortable ambiance & affordable charges attract many visitors. Piercer Elizabeth Zapper offers all kinds of piercings like nose, tongue, ears, flat piercing & other body parts.
- Address: 747 Minot Ave, Auburn, ME 04210, United States
- Hours: Wednesday-Saturday from 12:00 pm to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday
- Phone no: (207) 241-0186
Read 12 Best Skate Parks In Maine
14. Venom Ink Tattoo – Sanford, ME
Venom Ink Tattoo is New England’s premium studio for piercing and tattoos. The studio specializes in custom body piercings & tattoos. They are known for offering various piercing styles, aspects, and genres. Venom only accepts appointments.
The studio offers different piercings like basic, dermal, genitals, etc. Piercers Kyle specializes in piercing via jewelry and modern techniques. Venom Ink Tattoo organizes many events like “Zack Dunn Alla Prima Oil Painting Workshop” & “Zack Dunn Art Show with a special tribute to Robert Bazylewics.”
- Address: 751 Main St, Sanford, ME 04073, United States
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 11:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Phone no: 207 – 206-1828
Read 15 Best Seafood Restaurants In Maine
15. The Ink Manifesto Tattoo Parlor – Edwards Ave, Maine
The Ink Manifesto Tattoo Parlor offers custom piercings & tattoos in Maine established in 2013. The shop offers all kinds of piercings, such as nose, belly button, Earlobe piercing, ears, tongue, and others. Piercer Melissa Russo is talented & professional.
For piercing, only walk-ins are accepted. It’s one of the best piercing stores in Maine
- Address: 20 Edwards Ave, Biddeford, ME 04005, United States
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm, Saturday from 12:00 pm to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday
- Phone no: +1 207-494-8003
Read How Much Is Dinner At The Lost Kitchen
16. Brass & Briar Studios – Portland, Maine
The locals love Brass & Briar Studios for unique tattoo designs and different Piercing styles. Nick Holes is the leading piercing artist here. He has been doing this for more than a decade. Clients need to take prior appointments to get pierced here.
This piercing parlor is quite spacious and hygienic. People can bring their friends to watch over the process. Kids and teenagers can also get pierced here. Nick provides thorough details on aftercare processes too.
All kinds of piercing like standard, dermal, nostril, Ear piercing, conch piercing with a flat disk, and many others are performed here. Nick emphasizes disinfecting and keeping the jewelry on after piercing a spot. It’s better to keep in touch with the studio for aftercare procedures.
- Address: 85 India St, Portland, ME 04101
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m.- 07:00 p.m., Sunday: 12:00 p.m.- 05:00 p.m., Monday & Tuesday: Closed.
- Phone No: (207) 747-5557
17. High Tide Tattoo Co. Of Brunswick – Brunswick, ME
Famous tattoo artist Jason J Keenan owns High Tide Tattoo Co. Besides unique tattoo designs, the shop is famous for body piercing. The place sterilizes all the equipment after every use.
Prior appointments are important for piercing. Kids and teenagers should be accompanied by their parents here. Different types of Piercing like vertical, nostril, Nose, Ear Lob piercing, and Conch piercings are done here. Jason provides thorough guidelines on aftercare processes.
Jason is very much particular about disinfecting the piercing spot regularly. As per him, a successful piercing is dependent on this.
- Address: 220 Bath Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 07:00 p.m., Sunday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Phone No: (207) 798-8888
18. Ink Maine & Gaskyl Printing – Madison, Maine
Ink Maine is one of Maine’s most celebrated tattoo and piercing shops. The shop has recently stocked titanium and other better-quality jewelry pieces and cleared the old stock of steel items. Clients can choose from the new collection.
The piercing artists here emphasize hygiene and proper aftercare. A thorough knowledge of aftercare processes for different types of piercing is given to everyone. Age is a major factor in getting different piercings here. Tongue, Upper Lip, and Bridge piercing clients should be aged above 16 years. The same goes for other piercings.
Kids aged less than 10 years are prohibited here. Artists have stopped doing Genitals, Smiley/Frowny or Tongue webs, & Snug Piercings. Regular contests and events for tattoo artists and piercing artists are organized here.
- Address: 432 Hancock St, Rumford, ME 04276
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Friday, Saturday & Sunday: closed.
- Phone No: (207) 364-1550
19. Body Graphics Tattoo & Piercing Studio – Bangor, ME
Body Graphics Tattoo & Piercing Studio offers services like permanent make-up, body massage, Tattoos, piercing, and tanning. The place maintains a high standard of hygiene and sterilization. Clients are asked to fill up forms for consent and aftercare processes here.
All the artists here are A.A.M. Diamond Certified and trained in Micropigmentation. The place has been serving quality services for over a decade. Prior appointments are important for every service. Clients need to bring their pieces of jewelry for piercing. Different types of piercing are done here, like tongue, nose, upper lip, nostril, and ear lobe piercing.
- Address: 27 Bangor Mall Blvd, Bangor, ME 04401
- Hours: Tuesday- Friday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m., Sunday &Monday: closed.
- Phone No: (207) 478-7856
20. Prevail Ink – Oxford, Maine
Prevail Ink is a popular tattoo and body piercing shop in Oxford. The artists here offer professional services for both tattoo and body piercing. Clients can buy body jewelry from the shop. It has a good stock of hallowing jewelry and other popular pieces. Aftercare restrictions and processes are described thoroughly before piercing.
The clean and hygienic suits of Prevail Ink attract everyone. Clients can bring a friend to accompany them while piercing. Suits are cleaned and disinfected immediately after an appointment. After the process, keep the jewelry intact for a certain period. Nostril, ear lobe, vertical, naval, eyebrow, and lip piercing are some services done here.
- Address: 11 Mechanic Falls Rd #1, Oxford, ME 04270
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m.
- Phone No: (207) 539-5117
Piercing for Minors in Maine
Clients must be 18 years and have valid id proof to get a genital piercing or tattoo. Piercing for under-18 clients is done only in the presence of guardians with proper identification. Guardians must provide photo identification and birth certificate to validate their legal relationship.
Piercing Safety Tips
- It’s recommended to clean the piercing continuously for at least ten weeks.
- Touch the piercing with clean hands.
- Use anti-bacterial soap and gently remove discharge & loose skin around the piercing.
- Dry the piercing using paper towels or disposable paper products. Never use rough hand towels.
- In case of oral piercing, use a mixture of distilled water & mouthwash to clean 7-8 times a day.
- To reduce swelling, use ice, slush puppies, popsicles, etc.
- Avoid swimming for a few days.
- The jewelry should be left in place to avoid the closure of the hole.
How to Prevent Piercing Complications?
- Piercing might pose different risks. It’s recommended for oral research compilations, allergic reactions, skin infections, blood-borne diseases, and other skin problems before getting pierced.
- Collect details about the shop where you want to get pierced. Find out information like who will do the piercing, whether they will wear gloves, what equipment will be used, if they sterilize the equipment if hypoallergenic jewelry is used, etc. Always insist your piercer take safety precautions.
How old to get a nose piercing in Maine?
Your age should be 18+
Find Piercing Shops Near You
Maine helps boost body piercing practice via tons of quality piercing studios. Artists piercing shops in Maine are professional and certified. They have given the art of piercing a modern outlook. With so many shops providing quality piercing and selling high-end jewelry, Maine has become the customer-favorite destination to get pierced.