There are many good places for a Bloody Mary in Maine that serves the best version. For an alcohol enthusiast, Bloody Mary is an iconic drink. It blends vodka with tomato juice and other spices to give a spicy touch. Being a famous cocktail, it can be available in most restaurants and bars.
These restaurants are exclusive in their ways and show creative ways to present this drink. The innovation successfully attracts people’s attention. From a Brunch cocktail to an after-dinner drink, Bloody Mary is firmly beholding its position as the best and most popular beverage on the menu.
List of 16 Best Places for a Bloody Mary in Maine
1. Maine Diner – Wells, Maine
Maine Diner is an iconic restaurant in the locality owned by Jim Macneill. The friendly atmosphere, prompt service, and outstanding food make this restaurant popular and featured in the news several times. They follow a garden-to-table ethos with their 1-acre garden area. A gift shop is located just adjacent to the restaurant.
Besides their homely-vibe food, they serve the best cocktails and wines. Their infamous Bloody Mary is specially blended with Icy Pick GF Vodka, giving the extra zing. The menu includes wraps, seafood, sandwiches, platters, desserts, and separate kids’ plates.
Freshly made famous foods are shipped to remote locations. The apprenticeship program facility is very beneficial. They have a seasonal food truck.
- Must-try Items: Lobster Pie, Homemade Clam Chowder
- Hours: Thursday to Tuesday from 7 am to 3 pm
- Contact: 207-646-4441
- Nearby Attractions: Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, Wells Reserve at Laudholm
Address: 2265 Post Rd, Wells, ME 04090
2. DiMillo’s on the Water – Portland, Maine
DiMillo’s is a brainchild of Tony DiMillo that was opened by him in 1965, followed by DiMillo’s Marina and DiMillo’s Floating Restaurant. For over 40 years, this has maintained its spot as the most popular diner in Portland.
Seating is available in both indoors and outdoors. DiMillo’s Yacht Sales is the best destination to shop for boat and boat parts.
It is known for its fresh seafood, especially Lobsters. There are an array of drinks to accompany the food. DiMillo’s Jumbo Bloody Mary contains jumbo shrimp to add the umami flavor. They also have craft beers, canned beers, tequila, bourbon, etc. The gift card facility is available here.
- Other Specialties: DiMillo style Lobster Mac n Cheese, Atlantic Haddock
- Hours: Monday to Saturday, 12 pm to 9 pm (dining hours). Happy hours in the lounge and bar are Monday through Friday from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Contact: 207-772-2216
- Nearby Attractions: Tommy’s Park, Lincoln Park
Address: 25 Long Wharf, Portland, ME 04101
3. Geddy’s – Bar Harbor, Maine
Geddy’s, a world-famous restaurant in the Mount Desser Island area, was started by Gerry Geddy Mitchell in 1974. This restaurant serves all the fresh and ethically sourced ingredients from the locals and the sea.
The waterfront, calm atmosphere, photographs of Old Bar Harbour, and circular bar area provide a relaxing vibe. The gift shop in the basement has gift items, unique gear, and other staff. Their newly introduced “Geddy’s By The Sea” is an upscale women’s boutique beside this iconic eatery.
The menu offers fresh seafood, mainly lobster, live caught from the tank. 98% of the menu is Gluten-free, with few vegan and vegetarian options. The drink menu is elaborated with both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
Their signature Bloody Mary is served with lime, celery, and Olive, among all other drinks. They also serve wood-fired pizza, sandwiches, burgers, and a separate kids’ menu. A gift card facility is available. It’s one of the best places for Bloody Mary in Maine.
- Must-try Items: Geddy’s Lobster Stew, Geddy’s “Bacon Jalapeno” Lobster Roll
- Hours: Opens daily from 11 am to 9 pm.
- Contact: 207-288-5077
- Nearby Attractions: Agamont Park, Down East Bird Watching & Nature Tours
Address: 19 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
4. The Porthole Restaurant & Pub – Portland, Maine
The Porthole Restaurant and Pub is an ideal place to have a Northeastern dining vibe. This place was a breakfast joint for lobstermen started in 1929. The diner supports local aquaculture and serves the waterfront. Attentive service, a friendly atmosphere, fresh food, and exceptional drinks are the main pillars of this place.
The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch & dinner, a raw bar, a kids’ menu, and beverages. Their drink menu has seltzers, cans, sparkling wines, white wines, special cocktails, and many more. Porthole special Bloody Mary is a recommended drink mixed with Icy Pink Vodka. The addition of shrimp and bacon makes it more tempting.
- Must-try Items: Lemon Broiled Haddock, Porthole Burger
- Hours: The kitchen is open from Sunday to Thursday from 7 am to 8 pm, Friday from 7 am to 9 pm, and Saturday from 7 am to 10 pm. Bar is open from Sunday to Wednesday from 7 am to 8 pm, Thursday from 7 am to 9 pm, and Friday to Saturday from 7 am to 11 pm.
- Contact: 207-773-4653
- Nearby Attractions: Portland Downtown, Tommy’s Park
Address: 20 Custom House Wharf, Portland, ME 04101
5. Robert’s Maine Grill – Kittery, Maine
Robert’s Maine Grill represents the evolving local culinary with a modern touch. Since 2006, they have been maintaining the concept of farm-to-table. This place always impresses its peers, from locally sourced fresh ingredients to a chic ambiance.
The restaurant is famous for its traditional seafood items like lobster rolls, clam chowder, craft beers, and drinks. Their Bloody Mary with Absolut Peppar, Rogue, and Rascals is a must-have here. Martinis, Red and White Sparkling wines are also on the menu.
- Must-try Items: Fried Brussels Sprouts, Baked Haddock
- Hours: Monday to Sunday except Tuesday from 11.30 am to 8 pm.
- Contact: 207-439-0300
- Nearby Attractions: Kittery Historical & Naval Museum, USS Albacore Museum
Address: 326 Route 1, Kittery, ME 03904
6. Hot Suppa – Portland, Maine
Hot Suppa is known for its regional cuisines, making way to becoming the finest establishment in the neighborhood. Two food enthusiast brothers started it in 2006 to provide gastronomic experiences to netizens. The old Victorian building, brick walls, high ceilings, and original moldings are perfect for enjoying the traditional fare.
All the items on the menu are made from scratch with local ingredients. This restaurant serves all-day brunch with breakfast cocktails and Mimosas, a special mention to its Bloody Mary.
A spicy concoction garnished with Dilly Beans and Pickled Okra adds an extra zing. The menu also offers sandwiches, burgers, and house-special items. Merches and gift cards are their additional features. Walk-ins are accepted here.
- Must-try Items: Canadian Bacon Eggs Benedict, Corned Beef Hash
- Hours: Opens daily from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Contact: 207-871-5005
- Nearby Attractions: Portland Museum of Art, Monument Square
Address: 703 Congress St, Portland, ME 04102
7. Bayside American Cafe – Portland, Maine
Bayside American Cafe, the best brunch joint in Portland, was started by Roger Bintiff in 1990. Joe and Diane Catoggio own and operate this casual and chic eatery. The decor and architectural pattern tell the history of Portland, and the patio seating during summer is a bonus perk. Aside from local products, they serve seafood, original Maine Maple Syrup, and Portland’s famous Coffee.
The brunch menu offers breakfast, lunch, house-special items, local beers, spirits, and champagne. Their infamous Bloody Mary has several variations, like Crazy Mary, a mix of Maine’s River Gin, and the original mix.
They also have a non-alcoholic version of the drink and Bloody Maria, a Tequila-based Mary Mix. In addition, several other beverages and gift cards are available for customers.
- Must-try Items: Crab cake Benedict, Homemade Corned Beef Hash
- Hours: Wednesday to Monday from 7 am to 2 pm.
- Contact: 207-774-0005
- Nearby Attractions: Portland Museum of Art, Portland Downtown
Address: 98 Portland, St Portland, ME 04101
8. Paddy’s Irish Pub & Restaurant – Bar Harbor, Maine
Paddy’s is an iconic diner located in the West Street Hotel. This pub cum restaurant serves Irish-American fares and celebrates Irish culture and hospitality. The amazing view of the waterfront, the hearty menu, and the vibrant atmosphere are enough to make the experience memorable.
Their menu is well categorized into breakfast, in-room dining and drinks, serving comfort foods, big plates, seafood, and many more. The beverage menu comprises handcrafted Cocktails, Mocktails, Mojitos, Blended Whiskey, Margaritas, etc. San Marzano Bloody Mary is one of their most recommended drinks, made with Titos Handmade Vodka, tomato, pepper, and stuffed olives.
- Must-try Items: “Our Harbor” Lobster Bisque, Rustic Irish Stew of Coastal Shellfish
- Hours: Breakfast is from 7 am to 11 am, and all-day dining is from 12 pm to 10 pm daily.
- Contact: 207-801-3786
- Nearby Attractions: Agamont Park, Down East Bird Watching & Nature Tours
Address: 50 West Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
9. Rosie’s Restaurant & Pub – Portland, Maine
Rosie’s was founded by Steve and Rose Harris in 1987 in a historic building near Boothby Square. This watering hole offers extensive food and drinks at an affordable price. The laid-back atmosphere and friendly banter make Rosie’s a neighborhood favorite.
The menu has a variety of half-pound burgers with locally sourced and grass-fed beef, handcrafted pizzas, fish, and many more. The 15 beer taps and a wide selection of drink items with special mention to House special Bloody Mary is an added feature.
- Must-try Items: Lobster Roll, Burger Slider
- Hours: Restaurant hours are from Sunday to Thursday, from 11 am to 10 pm, and Friday to Saturday, from 11 am to 11 pm. Pub hour is daily from 11 am to 1 am.
- Contact: 207-772-5656
- Nearby Attractions: Tommy’s Park, Lincoln Park
Address: 330 Fore St, Portland, ME 04101
10. Kelly’s Landing – Greenville Junction, Maine
Kelly’s Landing is a lakeside lodging and dining facility located on the shore of Moosehead Lake. Lakeside deck dining in summer and booths with mountain views and picturesque waterfront during winter are salient features.
Watching seaplanes lifted off from the West Cove, the Katahdin Cruise, geese, loons, and mergansers are other perks. They also host weddings and special occasions.
A full-service bar and dining room offer starters, delicious entrees, house-made desserts, cocktails, draft beers, and wines. They also have a separate kids’ menu and Gluten-free options. Their Bloody Mary on the breakfast menu is one of the most recommended cocktails here.
- Must-try Items: Seafood Chowder, Baked Stuffed Haddock
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 11 am to 8 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Contact: 207-695-4438
- Nearby Attractions: Moosehead Historical Society & Moosehead’s Outdoor Heritage and Lumbermen’s Museum, The Center for Moosehead History
Address: 13 Rockwood Road, Greenville Junction, ME 04442
11. The Family Dog – Orono, Maine
Family Dog is a locally-owned pub that serves classic traditional fares. The live music, special weekly menu, and comfortable ambiance make this restaurant people’s favorite. All the food items are prepared to order in small batches and made from scratch.
This eatery serves authentic pub food like burgers, hot dogs, and vegetarian preparations with creative toppings. Their Bloody Mary Bar is an exceptional place to make the concoction according to the customers’ preferences.
Several toppings and condiments are there to make the drink extra zingy. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday. Apart from this, draft beers, non-alcoholic drinks, hot beverages, etc.
- Must-try Items: Xolo, Southwest Omelet
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 11 am to 9 pm, Friday from 11 am to 10 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 10 pm, and Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm.
- Contact: 207-866-2808
- Nearby Attractions: Page Farm & Home Museum, Piney Knoll Conservation Area
Address: 6 Mill St, Orono, ME 04473
12. Evenroods – Bangor, Maine
Evenroods is a go-to spot for Unique local cuisines. The classic building, sophisticated ambiance, and extraordinary service make this place inviting. The creative kitchen and well-trained server make the experience more memorable.
Every food item represents quality and has details to them. Their specialty is locally sourced seafood, certified Angus Beef, craft beers, and signature cocktails. The Twenty 2 Bloody Mary is famous for its spicy mix. They also have ready-to-eat food and gift cards.
- Must-try Items: Crab Cakes, Pan-seared Tuna
- Hours: Wednesday to Friday from 11 am to 9 pm, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday from 4 pm to 9 pm.
- Contact: 207 941-8800
- Nearby Attractions: Maine Discovery Museum, Zillman Art Museum
Address: 25 Broad St, Bangor, ME 04401
13. The Proper Pig – Waterville, Maine
The Proper Pig is an example of a fine pub serving quality food and beer on taps. This casual restaurant and pub was established in 2016 as Waterville’s downtown revitalization project. Co-owners Bill Mitchell and Fred Ouellette kept the vibe casual for peers to have food and drinks without burning a hole in their pockets.
The restaurant offers creative pork dishes, sandwiches, baskets, desserts, and beverages representing the unique recipes of Ouellette. Bloody Mary, topped with olives and shrimp in their specialty cocktails, tops the list. They have merchandise like t-shirts, hoodies, trucker hats, and pint glasses.
- Must-try Items: Puller Pork Nachos, Big Bad Wolf Burger
- Hours: Wednesday to Saturday from 11 am to 9 pm.
- Contact: 207-616-3975
- Nearby Attractions: Waterville Opera House, Mainely Escapes
Address: 14 Common Street, Waterville, Maine 04901
14. The Hoot – Northport, Maine
The Hoot is a representation of the farm-to-table concept, serving quality food. All the meat items are sourced from their farms and local areas within 25 miles. Heritage breed pork, 100% grass-fed lamb and beef, free-range chicken, vegetables, and herbs are used to maintain quality. The ingredients can vary every week and seasonally.
They offer an extensive menu, including classic and international dishes, sides, coffee, and drinks. As a brunch cocktail, their Bloody Mary has gained immense popularity. The self-serve coffee bar is an innovative initiative.
- Must-try Items: Smoked Ham Benedict, Pescado del Dia
- Hours: For Brunch, Thursday through Sunday, from 7 am to 2 pm, and for dinner, Monday from 4.30 pm to 9 pm.
- Contact: 207-338-4668
- Nearby Attractions: Heritage Park, Belfast Armistice Bridge
Address: 144 Bayside Road, Northport, ME 04849
15. 50 Local – Kennebunk, Maine
50 Local is a locally owned bistro-style joint by Merrilee Paul. It is best known for its sourced items from local farms, fisheries, and committees. The upscale dining, sophisticated ambiance, and friendly service make it a neighborhood favorite. This place also has a sister venture named ‘The Elective.’
The daily changeable menu offers European American dishes that showcase Chef Tyler’s creative touch. Besides food, the full bar serves the best handcrafted cocktails, wines, beers, and mocktails.
Ghost of Mary is one of their bestsellers that is a mix of Bloody Mary, Tomo Lives, and spicy tomato water. Private and group cooking classes are available under the supervision of the Chef. Gift card is an additional feature of this place.
- Must-try Items: Roasted Duck Breast, Pork Ribs
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Contact: 207-985-0850
- Nearby Attractions: Brick Store Museum, Kennebunk Land Trust
Address: 50 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
16. Royal River Grill House – Yarmouth, Maine
The Royal River Grill house takes pride in crafting drinks that exceed expectations. They are among the best in making a bloody mary. This elevated cocktail is a perfect blend of flavors, meticulously prepared by skilled bartenders. Here, the Bloody Mary breakfast is served as a fulfilling meal.
The drink is garnished with olives, lemon, and shrimp (which can be changed upon request). Its heart lies in a premium vodka base, ensuring a smooth and refined foundation. To elevate the taste of tomato juice infused with curated herbs is used. They serve bloody Mary mix in a glass made of a Grey Goose bottle every Sunday brunch.
- Must-Try Items: Scallops, Duck breast, Steak
- Hours: Monday- Thursday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, Friday- Saturday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Contact: 207-846-1226
- Nearby Attractions: Bug Light, Desert of Maine
Address: 106 Lafayette St, Yarmouth, ME 04096, United States
Find Bars Near You
These restaurants mentioned above are the best places for Bloody Mary in Maine. This drink has a unique savory and spicy taste that people find refreshing and amusing. These eateries and pubs serve the best concoction, an original or a new innovative mix. Visit one of these places and indulge in delicious sips.
Maine state articles:-
- Best Seafood Restaurants In Maine
- The Lost Kitchen Reservations, Maine
- The Lost Kitchen Dress Code, Maine
- Best Doughnut Shops in Maine
- Best Tea Houses And Shops In Maine
- Best Furniture Stores In Maine
- Best Corn Mazes in Maine
- Best Garden Centers And Nurseries In Maine
- Best Chocolate Shops in Maine
- Best Boat Tours in Maine
- Best Skate Shops in Maine
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Maine
- Best Antique Stores in Maine
- Best Spas in Maine
- Best Dance Clubs and Venues in Maine
- Best Mini Golf Courses In Maine