Maine’s tea houses and shops will flutter tea lovers’ hearts. They start from quaint little boutiques with unique blends to great establishments with a rich history. You can sip a cup of indulgent matcha or enjoy an afternoon tea party in these tea rooms surrounded by picturesque views. These places offer everything from loose-leaf blends to decadent pastries.
Whether one is a die-hard tea lover or just looking for a cozy spot to enjoy some downtime with friends, these tea shops have got it covered. So get ready for an adventure through the world of delicious teas in Maine.
List of 16 Best Tea Houses And Shops In Maine
1. Jordan Pond House Restaurant – Seal Harbor, Maine
Jordan Pond House Restaurant is a century-old tea house in Acadia National Park. The eatery is situated on a hilltop overlooking the beautiful park. A beautiful panoramic view of the mountain range makes dining on the lawn a breathtaking experience.
Guests can enjoy this breathtaking view of the park and their tea and popovers here. The place is famous for serving fresh food. This place is perfect for weddings in the lap of nature. Tourists can take the Island Explorer to get there. The tea house serves traditional English tea besides coffee and Indian Chai. Travelers can check the gift shop of the eatery.
- Cuisine: American
- Special Beverages: Hot Tea, Iced Chai, Iced Blueberry Tea, Iced Tea
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m.-05:00 p.m.
- Contact: 207-276-3610
- Nearby Attractions: Acadia National Park, Thunder Hole, Bubble Rock
Address: 2928 Park Loop Rd, Seal Harbor, ME 04675, United States
2. Selah Tea Café – Waterville, Maine
Selah Tea Cafe in Waterville is the perfect spot to kickstart your day. The place serves tea and coffee beverages of the town. The list is long, from iced tea to mocha latte and espresso. All the ingredients used here are fresh, organic, and fair-traded.
People looking for a fresh breakfast and hot tea will love this place. Selah Cafe also takes online orders between working hours. The cafe is locally owned and an award-winning tea house in Maine.
- Cuisine: American, Brunch.
- Special Beverages: Ice Tea, Bubble Tea, Chai Latte, Loose Leaf Tea, Smoothie, Cold Jar
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 07:00 am-05:00 pm, Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 am-05:00 pm.
- Contact: 207-660-9181
- Nearby Attractions: Colby College Museum of Art, Children’s Discovery Museum.
Address: 177 Main Street, Waterville, Maine 04901, United States
3. Dobra Tea – Portland, ME
Dobra Tea is a famous Tea house and shop in Portland. People looking for traditional tea from different Asian countries and the actual process of preparing them will love this shop. Dobra Tea offers authentic, fresh, organic tea leaves from different origins, like Nepal, Assam, Darjeeling, China, Korea, Vietnam, and other countries.
This local tea house offers classes and workshops on “different country’s authentic tea preparation processes.” The beautiful aroma of tea fills every inch of the tea shop and provides a relaxing environment for the guests. Now, the tearoom at 89 Exchange Street is closed, But they continue to sell tea online/offline.
Gift hampers with different tea boxes, traditional teawares, gifts, t-shirts, beanies, cups, mugs, and many other facilities are available in the shop. Locals love the tea-tasting classes of DobraTea. The gift certificates of this tea shop can be the best way to check out the tea treasure of this place.
- Cuisine: Tea Rooms, Desserts.
- Special Beverages: Nepal Illam, Assam CTC, Darjeeling First Flush, Jin Jun Mai, Warnagala Black Tea, Korean Black 50g, Darjeeling Castleton Autumnal, Assam Brahmaputra.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday- Tuesday: closed.
- Contact: 207-370-1558, 207-210-6566
- Nearby Attractions: Liberty Bell, Knowsley Safari.
Address: 89 Exchange St., Portland, Me
4. Empire Tea & Coffee – Newport, Maine
Empire Tea & Coffee is a popular beverage destination in Maine. The cafe started its journey in 2004. Besides the William Street outlet, there are two more outlets of this cafe in the state. One is at 22 Broadway Newport, and the other is at 251 Thames Street.
This tea store offers 70 types of different loose tea for tea lovers. The place also offers classes on traditional tea-making and coffee-making processes. The training lab here is dedicated to this. Movie nights, events, and music nights in the cafe. The place is also can be used for private parties and events.
- Cuisine: Beverage
- Special Beverages: Freshly Brewed Ice Tea, Green Iced Tea, Energy Blend Herbal Tea, Jasmin Green Tea, English Breakfast Black Tea, Chai Latte, Bubble Tea, Horchata Tea.
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 06:00 a.m.-04:00 p.m.
- Contact: 401-619-1388
- Nearby Attractions: Brenton Point State Park, Ocean Drive Historic District
Address: 112 William St, Newport, RI 02840, United States
5. Uncharted Tea – Portland, Maine
Uncharted tea is quite a popular destination for any tea and beverage lover in Portland. The place is unique in every possible way, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere and unique tea beverages with mythological names. It’s a great spot to chat with friends on a cup of bubble tea, jasmine green tea, or unsweetened oolong tea.
There is a free WiFi connection for every guest inside the cafe. In case anyone likes to do office work from the cafe or surf the internet.
- Cuisine: Cafe, Tea Room
- Special Beverages: Jasmin Green Tea, Unsweetened Oolong Tea, Brown Sugar Boba, Mariana Trench, Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, Poseidon, Kraken, Zephyr.
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 08:00 p.m.
- Contact: 207-835-0032
- Nearby Attractions: Bug Light, International Cryptozoology Museum.
Address: 662 Congress Street, Portland Maine
6. Jewel of India – Biddeford, Maine
Jewel Of Indian is an authentic Indian Cuisine restaurant in Biddeford. It offers healthy and freshly cooked exotic Indian dishes. The menu includes traditional Indian tea and other beverages. Guests can choose ice, milk, or the popular masala tea. Vegan and gluten-free items are also available here.
The eatery also offers catering for parties and weddings. This cafe has one more outlet at 104 Maine St, Waterville.
- Cuisine: Indian
- Special Beverages: Traditional Indian Milk Tea, Masala Tea, Ice Tea, Mango Milk Shake, Mango Lassi, and Mango Juice.
- Hours: Tuesday- Thursday & Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 09:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m.-09:30 p.m., Monday: Closed.
- Contact: 207-283-0077, 207-282-5600
- Nearby Attractions: Palace Playland, Seashore Trolley Museum.
Address: 26 Alfred St, Biddeford, Maine 04005
7. Aroma Joe’s – Sanford, Maine
Aroma Joe’s is a famous coffee and tea house in America. With almost 38 outlets only in Maine, Aroma Joe’s head office is in Portland. Other locations include Biddeford, Berwick, Waterville, Windham, Auburn, Ellsworth, Brunswick, Augusta, Lewiston, Scarborough, Winslow, and many other cities. The cafe serves organic drinks with traditional and plant-based dairy.
Aroma Joe’s has been in business for more than two decades. The aim was to serve quality drinks and fresh food to everyone in the community. The all-day energy drinks with different flavors in this cafe are popular among clients. People also buy gift cards from this cafe to give to others on different occasions.
- Cuisine: Bakery, Breakfast, Brunch, Coffee Tea
- Special Beverages: Frozen cappuccino, Energy drinks, Ice Black tea, Fruit-flavored drinks, Hot Chai, Organic Tea, Ice Green Tea, Iced Chai.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 05:15 am- 09:00 pm. Sunday: 5:45 am – 9 pm. Sunday: 5:45 am – 9 pm.
- Contact: 207-490-7121
- Nearby Attractions: Funtown Splashtown USA, Children’s Museum of New Hampshire.
Address: 6 Washington Street, Sanford, ME 04073
8. Green Tree Coffee & Tea – Lincolnville, Maine
Green Tree Coffee & Tea is a famous coffee and tea roasting and retailing shop in Lincolnville. The shop was established in 2002 for coffee roasting. Soon, its organic and gourmet coffee and tea collection became popular among local communities.
This teahouse also has a vast stock of tea and coffee brewing kettles, utensils, and machines. People can get demos and training classes on tea brewing here. They offer This is a pet-friendly shop. It supports the local pet adoption center PAWS.
- Cuisine: Coffee, Tea Roasteries.
- Special Beverages: White Pekoe, Lemon Ginger Mint, Endless Summer, Organic Blood Moon Chai, Kir Royal, Pu Erh Mini Cake, Pu Erh 100g Pressed Tea Cake.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 07:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m.
- Contact: 207-706-7908
- Nearby Attractions: Camden Hills State Park, Maine Lighthouse Museum.
Address: 2456 Atlantic Highway, Lincolnville Beach, Maine 04849
9. Tea Maineia – Winterport, ME
Tea Maineia is a popular destination for tea lovers in Winterport. This Tea house in Maine offers different organic and gourmet teas, ceramic tea cups, tea sampler sets, books, and many other items for tea lovers. All the items are fresh and organic.
There is a well-furnished English-style tea lounge inside the shop. People can enjoy their cups of tea in a private company. The shop also sells locally made products to support the local communities.
- Cuisine: Coffee and Tea
- Special Beverages: White Tea, Oolong Tea, Pu-ERH tea, Organic Tea, Bliss 2 oz, Cacao Shell, Cranberry Apply 2 oz, Jasmin Tea, Chocolate Mint, Dragon Well, Organic Matcha, Hibiscus 2 oz.
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday: 09:00 a.m.-04:00 p.m. Sunday &Monday: Closed.
- Contact: 207-223-5133
- Nearby Attractions: Maine Discovery Museum, Cascade Park.
Address: 145 Main St. Winterport, ME. 04496
10. 98 Wake ‘N Shake – Bangor, Maine
98 Wake’ N Shake is a typical cafe in Bangor. The place serves fresh salad and breakfast every day. People looking for a kickstart for a busy day can visit the place. The freshly brewed tea is perfect for a hot and fresh breakfast.
Different flavored bubble teas are also available here. This tea house in Maine has a free WiFi connection for everyone visiting here. People who need to work from home or surf the internet can do it here.
- Cuisine: Coffee & Tea, Cafe.
- Special Beverages: Chai Tea Latte (hot or Iced), Unsweetened Ice Tea, Thai Iced Tea, Bubble Tea,
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 08:00 a.m.-04:00 p.m.
- Contact: 207-990-0500
- Nearby Attractions: Bangor Historical Society, Paul Bunyan Statue.
Address: 145 Harlow St, Bangor, ME, United States, Maine
11. Breakwater Nutrition – Rockland, Maine
Breakwater Nutrition in Rockland is a popular destination for beverage and tea lovers. The shop serves different fruit-flavored tea, energy drinks, and protein shakes. All of these are available with or without traditional or plant-based dairy. All the drinks are made from organic and fresh items. The protein shakes here are perfect to start your day.
- Cuisine: Beverage, Tea & Protein Shake
- Special Beverages: Fruit- Flavored Tea, Protein Shakes, Energy Drinks.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 05:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 a.m.-04:00 p.m.
- Contact: 207-593-8521
- Nearby Attractions: Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse, Maine Lighthouse Museum.
Address: 1 Payne Avenue, Rockland, ME 04841
12. Homegrown Herb and Tea – Portland, Maine
Homegrown Herb and Tea is a famous tea lounge in Portland. The owners of this shop are experts in blending herbal tea, infusing different local and imported herbs and traditional tea.
Customers can also buy authentic oolong and Asian tea from here. The tea lounge inside the shop is the best spot to enjoy organic or herbal tea and chat with a friend. The place also serves freshly cooked Irish breakfast every day.
- Cuisine: Coffee & Tea.
- Special Beverages: Allergy Tea, Aphrodite- Tea, Anxie- Tea, Earl Grey, El Mexicano Por Flavor, Formosa Oolong, Holy Tea, Headache Tea.
- Hours: Wednesday- Friday: 12:00 p.m.- 06:00 p.m., Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m., Sunday- Tuesday: closed.
- Contact: 207.774.3484
- Nearby Attractions: Bug Light, International Cryptozoology Museum.
Address: 195 Congress Street, Portland, Maine 04101
13. Bar Harbor Tea Company – Bar Harbor, Maine
Bar Harbor Tea Company is best known as an organic, all-natural tea supplier. All of these drinks are carefully designed and blended in the shop. Tea lovers love the Wild Maine Blueberry Tea most of this shop.
This shop’s ceramic sets, kettles, tea sampler sets, and other teawares are famous. Bar Harbor Company has another outlet in Ellsworth. Online orders are taken and shipped from here.
- Cuisine: Coffee & Tea
- Special Beverages: Wild Maine Blueberry Black Tea, Flavors of New England, Darjeeling, Matcha Green Tea Latte, Green Tea mints, Maine Chaga Ground Tea.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 10:00 a..-05:00 p.m., Friday: 10:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Contact: 207-288-8322
- Nearby Attractions: Agamont Park, Thunder Hole.
Address: 150 Main Street, Store #2, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
14. The Tea Space – Ogunquit, Maine
The Tea Space is very appropriate considering the products and ambiance of the shop. This Maine tea shop is filled with rich fragments of different herbal and fresh blended tea.
It offers different types of blends suitable for every season and every occasion. Live music and storytelling programs are organized here for dinner and tea parties.
- Cuisine: Coffee & Tea.
- Special Beverages: Honey Tea, Rose Earl Grey, Citrus Ginger Tea, Turmeric Tea, Apple Pie Tea, Matcha Green Tea, Sweet Peppermint Tea, Chocolate Earl Grey.
- Hours: Monday, Thursday & Saturday: 10:00 am – 05:00 pm. Wednesday: 10:00 am – 06:00 pm. Friday & Sunday: 12:00 pm- 04:00 pm.
- Contact: 207-641-2900
- Nearby Attractions: York’s Wild Kingdom, Wonder Mountain Fun Park.
Address: 254 Main Street, Ogunquit, Maine
15. Nellie’s Tea Company – South Portland, Maine
Marianne Russo, a certified Tea Specialist, owns Nellie’s Tea Company in South Portland, established in 2003. The shop offers a massive collection of fresh, organic, and all-natural teas. All of these are collected from different tea-farming regions around the world. Differentiated blended teas are also available here.
The place is perfect for tea parties with freshly baked cakes and different teas. The shop organizes workshops and classes for tea blending and brewing. Tea sampler sets, different teawares, and accessories are available here.
Cultural events like the Lunar New Year, Art Displays, and various cultural events of local communities are supported by Neilie’s Tea Company.
- Cuisine: Tea & Coffee, Speciality Food
- Special Beverages: Mango- Hibiscus Tea, Strawberry- Green Tea, Tha Tea
- Hours: Friday & Saturday: 01:00 p.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: 207-761-8041
- Nearby Attractions: Fort Williams Park, Portland Headlight.
Address: 5 Industry Rd Suite 1 A, South Portland, ME 04106
16. Samovar Tea Shop & Tasting Room – Newcastle, ME
One of Maine’s most renowned tea houses is Samovar Tea Shop & Tasting Room. This is a curated tea shop by Jesse Jacobs that offers various types suited for every taste bud. Several prestigious platforms, including Forbes, CNN, New York Times, Wired, etc have recognized their best-in-class collection.
Their tea is all-natural, organic, without artificial flavor, and sustainably harvested. For over 10 years, they have sourced the best quality ingredients to give customers a rich taste and outstanding flavors. All of their teas take only 3 minutes to be prepared. Teas are taken from India, China, Japan, and other places.
The tea shop offers various teas, including several types of black tea, white tea, green tea, chai tea, oolong tea, herbal tea, and caffeine-free teas. An array of teawares are also present in the shop. They have different types of tea kits, gift baskets, stone brew pots, tea cups, etc., for gifting purposes.
- Cuisine: Tea room
- Special Beverages: Jasmine Green Tea, Mainichi Matcha Green Tea, Organic, Rooibos Ocean Of Wisdom, Maiden’s Ecstasy, Pu-Erh Perfection Tea Collection, Chamomile Blossom, Iron Goddess Of Mercy
- Hours: Monday – Saturday: 10:00 am – 05:00 pm
- Contact: 650-784-0336
- Nearby Attractions: York’s Wild Kingdom, Wonder Mountain Fun Park.
Address: 77 Main St, Newcastle, ME 04553
Find Tea Shops Near You
There are many tea houses and shops in Maine suitable for everyone. From charming vintage shops to trendy modern cafes, quick pick-me-up. So brew yourself a cuppa, and check out the best Maine offers for tea.
USA Maine Articles:-
- Best Seafood Restaurants In Maine
- Best Places for a Bloody Mary in Maine
- Best Candy Shops In Maine
- Best Doughnut Shops In Maine
- Best Furniture Stores In Maine
- Is Boba Tea and Milk Tea the Same?
- Best Corn Mazes in Maine
- Best Garden Centers And Nurseries In Maine
- Best Chocolate Shops in Maine
- Best Boat Tours in Maine
- Best Skate Shops in Maine
- Best Shopping Outlets and Malls in Maine
- Best Antique Stores in Maine
- Best Spas in Maine
- Best Dance Clubs and Venues in Maine
- Best Mini Golf Courses In Maine