20 Best Seafood Restaurants in Connecticut 2023
Seafood Restaurants in Connecticut offer various yummy dishes, from lobsters to crab, and drinks. Online ordering and table reservation facility is present in these restaurants. Fried and grilled dishes offer a unique taste.
The seafood restaurants in Madison, New Haven, Mystic, and West Hartford of CT also have catering services for special events like family gatherings, weddings, bridal showers, and birthday parties.
20 Top Rated Seafood Restaurants in CT
1. Lenny & Joe’s – Madison, Connecticut
Lenny & Joe’s started in 1979 with only four picnic tables as roadside clam stand. They have been serving people the finest seafood on hot summer weekends for a long time. Incredible apparel is sold for kids and adults.
There are appetite-satisfying starters, milkshakes, salads with chicken and shrimp, broiled fresh shrimp, fried scallops and burgers, and rolls present at great deals. The special kid’s menu includes a Hamburger platter & cod sandwich and other cool stuff.
They have outdoor ice cream stands with sundaes, cones, cups, and fish tale frozen frenzies. A carousel for charity is built on the social vision of the team.
- Must-Try Items: Charbroiled salmon, hot lobster roll, fried gulf shrimp roll
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 11.30 AM – 8 PM, Friday – Sunday: 11.30 AM – 8.30 PM
- Contact: 203-245-7289
- Nearby Attractions: Meigs Point Nature Center, Chatfield Hollow State Park
Address: 1301 Boston Post Rd, Madison, CT 06443
Read 15 Best Shopping Malls and Outlets in Connecticut
2. S&P Oyster Restaurant and Bar – Mystic, CT
S&P Oyster Restaurant and Bar is a lovely shop to get hot stuff in winter. Good lunch is ready with Fried Oysters, soups & salads. Portuguese Monkfish stew for dinner and special gluten-free dishes are available for the best appetite.
Executive Chef Edger Cobena, with 22 years of experience, creates a unique South American style of dishes combined with traditional flavors. Gift cards are available for availing attractive discounts. Lunch and dinner reservations are available in advance, but they get booked quickly on the weekends and Fridays.
Private events are organized here with a capacity of up to 45 guests, and a beautiful mystic river view is included alongside a special menu. Exclusive wine varieties are present, and sounding good taste.
- Must-Try Items: Salmon Poke, Seafood Ambrosia, Vegetable Polenta
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 11.30 AM – 9 PM, Friday & Saturday: 11.30 AM – 10 PM, Sunday: 11 AM – 9 PM
- Contact: 860- 536-2674
- Nearby Attractions: Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Seaport Museum
Address: 1 Holmes Street Mystic, Connecticut 06355
Read 15 Best Furniture Stores In Connecticut
3. Shell & Bones Oyster Bar & Grill – New Haven, CT
Shell & Bones Oyster Bar & Grill offers seafood and steaks, and their cuisine has won awards. Oysters are sourced from Northern Cross, Sand Dune & Baywater. Soups and salads with shrimp and chicken are there, and chef selections like Lobster salad and seared scallops are popular.
Crispy steamed asparagus and creamed spinach are side dishes. The Raw Bar combines top-class drinks and food, such as shrimp cocktails, harbor sampler, shrimp ceviche & Tower of Shells.
A wide variety of cocktails, wine, and beer with special kinds are available. Separate menus are hosted with wine dinners for events. Stunning gift cards are given to get amazing discounts and goodies. They do not take reservations by email, for reservations please call them.
- Must-Try Items: Tuna tartare, Crab Cake, Baked Ricotta
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 12 PM – 10 PM, Friday & Saturday; 11 AM – 11 PM, Sunday: 11 AM – 10 PM, Happy Hours: Monday – Friday: 3 PM – 5 PM
- Contact: 203-787-3466
- Nearby Attractions: New Haven Museum, Long Wharf Park
Address: 100 S Water St, New Haven, CT 06519
Read 15 Best Spas in Connecticut
4. Ford’s Lobster Restaurant – Noank, Connecticut
Ford’s Lobster started when the Harring family started a small gas dock in the mid-1950s, then taken over by Orion Ford in 1970. Kris came in after Orion’s retirement in 2005 and tried to increase sales. In 2010 Kerrie and Kris bought a hotdog cart with their savings, and later by 2012, they built this wonderful shop.
Lobsters served are cooked with local source ingredients and traditional style. The menu ranges from salads, soups, starters, sandwiches, and main courses with lobster varieties. A special kid’s menu with hot dogs & grilled chicken is also present. Orion’s lobster shack is famous to date.
- Must-Try Items: lobster shack, hot dogs, grilled chicken
- Hours: Takeout – Monday, Thursday – Sunday: 12 PM – 7 PM, Dine In – Monday, Thursday, Sunday: 12 PM – 7 PM, Friday & Saturday: 12 PM – 8 PM
- Contact: 860- 536-2842
- Nearby Attractions: Mystic Museum of Art, Bluff Point State Park.
Address: 15 Riverview Avenue Noank, Connecticut 06340
Read 22 Best Tattoo Shops in Connecticut
5. Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough – Noank, Connecticut
Abbott’s Lobster was founded in 1947 and is a legendary seaside restaurant on the mystic river. They are famous for lobsters, steamers, stuffed clams, and chowder. Spicy starters include baguettes, crab cakes, and special mussels.
New England seafood fest is unique here, where dishes of Lobster and shrimp with clam chowder are offered. Lobster dinner is served with coleslaw, drawn butter, and potato chips.
Seafood rolls and desserts are also offered. People can bring their drinks. Any birthday and wedding party is organized here with appropriate booking.
- Must-Try Items: Oysters, Clams, steamed artichokes
- Hours: Hours vary
- Contact: 860-536-7719
- Nearby Attractions: Tree Trails Adventures Mystic, Mystic Aquarium.
Address: 117 Pearl Street, Noank, CT 06340
Read 15 Best Mini Golf Courses in Connecticut
6. Stowe’s Seafood – West Haven, CT
Stowe’s Seafood was initially a small restaurant in the 1970s with a market in the regional area called Stowe’s Pilot House. They were running a fish market for the initial ten years, but after that, they now sold fresh fish and traditional fried foods and lobsters. The reach is high, and Wayne is the pioneer behind it.
Fresh fish and lobsters are served in paper boats. Starters like lobster bisque and hot chowder and treasure chests like shrimp and scallops are available. Combos are delightful to eat.
Seafood rolls and sandwiches are famous dishes. A separate seafood market is there to get fresh fish, cooked foods, and soups. Payment is available via cash, and an ATM facility is inside.
- Must-Try Items: Pan-seared tuna with stuffed shrimp, portobello
- Hours: Monday – Saturday: 10 AM – 7 PM, Sunday: 10 AM – 6 PM
- Contact: 203-934-1991
- Nearby Attractions: New Haven Museum, PEZ Visitor Center
Address: 347 Beach Street, West Haven, CT 06516
Read 15 Best Arcades in Connecticut
7. Flanders Fish Market & Restaurant – East Lyme, CT
Flanders Fish Market & Restaurant started in 1983 and has been in service for over 40 years, led by Paul and Donna Formica. It is Connecticut’s largest full-service fish market with restaurant, bar, and catering service and has been boastingly named to the CT Restaurant Association Hospitality Hall of Fame.
A special menu is available for rash hours, brunch, sweets, crescent beach stands, and holidays. Dishes range from Lobster, tuna, soups, bread rolls, fried platters, and pasta. The bar has top liquors, rotating craft beer taps, and a TV to enjoy. Catering is provided for any events along with clambakes.
Demo dining at the captain’s table for up to 12 guests is customizable with foods and wines. The Crescent Beach stand is a favorite spot in the summer and one of the favorite dishes from 2019. The fish market has a range of fresh fish. Online shopping is available for merchandise, fish products, and cocktail sauce.
- Must-Try Items: Calamari, Shellfish, Clambakes
- Hours: Market: Monday – Sunday: 10 AM – 9 PM, Restaurant: 11 AM – 9 PM, Thanksgiving day: 9 AM – 12 PM, Christmas Eve: 7 AM – 5 PM (dining at 11 AM), Christmas day: holiday Bar: Sunday – Thursday: 11 AM – 9.30 PM, Friday & Saturday: 11 AM – 10.30 PM. Cappy Hours: 3 PM- 5 PM daily
- Contact: 860-739-8866 , 860-739-0306,
- Nearby Attractions: Niantic Children’s Museum, Florence Griswold Museum
Address: 22 Chesterfield Rd, East Lyme, CT 06333
Read 25 Best Record Stores In Connecticut
8. On The Waterfront Restaurant – New London, CT
On The Waterfront Restaurant is a family-owned business by Stash Schiavone and Chef Anthony Schiavone. A large dining room with a breathtaking waterfront view and a full-time bar is there for people’s comfort. An outdoor patio is present for relaxation in warmer months.
Wings, French onion soup, sandwiches, yellowfin tuna, and baked scallops are famous. Fig mule, white Cosmo, and red and white wine are mouth-watering cool drinks. Budweiser and Heineken rule the beers list.
They have a private dining room for parties, bridal showers, and family gatherings. They take luncheons in peak seasons from Friday to Sunday. Special entertainment events are also conducted.
- Must-Try Items: Shrimp cocktails, golden fried calamari, Yuengling, margarita
- Hours: Tuesday – Thursday : 3 PM – 8 PM, Friday & Saturday: 11.30 AM – 9.30 PM, Sunday: 11.30 AM – 8 PM
- Contact: 860-444-2800
- Nearby Attractions: New London Waterfront Park, Lyman Allyn Art Museum
Address: 250 Pequot Ave. New London, CT 06320
Read 22 Best Antique Stores In Connecticut
9. Max’s Oyster Bar – West Hartford, Connecticut
Richard Rosenthal and partner Bob Cooke started Max’s Oyster Bar to create a distinct look from the traditional Max dining experience. Peter Niemetz designed the shop atmosphere and outlooks. Connecticut magazine awards Max’s Oyster Bar as “Best New Restaurant.” It won the best seafood award in 2003 and 2005.
The shop has two communal family-style tables and a large mirror from floor to ceiling behind bars. Matthew Burill is the executive chef making charming dishes. A separate menu for lunch, brunch, and dinner is available. Wine and cocktail varieties make a good finish for enjoyment.
They run an online store for food orders and purchasing cool gift cards. The wine room is for private events happenings for up to 25 people, along with a customized menu and drinks and met out by the executive chef. Takeout facilities are present.
- Must-Try Items: Oyster, Shrimp, Seafood rolls
- Hours: Sunday – Monday: 11. 30 AM – 9 PM
- Contact: 860-236-6299
- Nearby Attractions: Elizabeth Park Conservancy, Westmoor Park
Address: 964 Farmington Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06107
Read 15 Best Garden Centers and Nurseries in Connecticut
10. Hook & Reel Cajun Seafood & Bar – Orange, CT
Hook & Reel Cajun Seafood & Bar is known for its cajun style of boiling seafood. Various spices and recipes added to these foods create a party experience with the folks. Six kinds of recipes added the necessary flavor.
Seafood boils, along with mini boils, are spicy. Oysters are served in the raw bar. Salads are served with blue cheese, honey, and ranch. Unique kid’s menus with dishes of low sugar and fat are offered.
Beers, cocktails, soda, and crisp side dishes are available. They help people to practice their boiling recipes. Special sauce blends and merchandise are available for purchase in their online store.
- Must-Try Items: coconut shrimp, seafood spaghetti marinara, oysters
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 12 PM – 10 PM, Friday – Saturday: 12 PM – 11 PM
- Contact: 203- 553-9909
- Nearby Attractions: Boothe Memorial Park, PEZ Visitor Center
Address: 385 Boston Post Rd, Orange, CT 06477
Read 16 Best Brunch Spots In Connecticut
11. Saybrook Fish House – Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Saybrook Fish House started in 1978 and served its customers fresh seafood from the New England sea coast. Seafood combo and sandwiches are delights for lunch and dinner. The lounge facility is there to have chill drinks along with some grilled chicken and fries.
Special kid’s menu, such as stuffed salmon and chicken fingers, offers a great taste. Indoor seating facilities are now available for dining. Reservations for tables are available online.
- Must-Try Items: Deep sea scallops, fish frowners, fried clam strips
- Hours: Tuesday – Thursday: 11.30 AM – 9.30 PM, Friday: 11.30 AM – 10 PM, Saturday: 12 PM – 10 PM, Sunday: 12 PM – 8 PM, Monday: 11.30 AM – 9 PM.
- Contact: 860-721-9188
- Nearby Attractions: Ferry Park, Quarry Park.
Address: 2165 Silas Deane Highway, Rocky Hill, Connecticut 06067
Read 15 Best Cocktail Bars in Connecticut
12. Close Harbour Seafood Restaurant & Market – Plantsville, CT
Close Harbour Seafood Restaurant & Market offers dishes with their taste and flavor. Lunch and dinner specials contain soups, salads, and appetizers. Burgers and side stuff are also available.
The fish market is open for fresh fish and lobsters. Table reservation for nights and weekends is available via phone and online. A VIP club member will get the latest updates on deals and new recipes for various seafood. Catering service for any event is rendered with a unique menu.
- Must-Try Items: Salmon wraps, Tuna Melt, lobster rolls
- Hours: Wednesday & Thursday – 11.30 AM – 8.30 PM, Friday & Saturday: 11.30 AM – 9 PM, Sunday: 11.30 AM – 7 PM, Monday & Tuesday: Closed.
- Contact: 860-621-7334
- Nearby Attractions: Dinosaur State Park, Lake Compounce.
Address: 959 Meriden Waterbury Tpke. Plantsville, CT 06479
13. Crabby AL’s Seafood Restaurant – Thomaston, CT
Crabby AL’s Seafood Restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes and cuisines. Soups and salads, bone & boneless wings, fresh fish sandwiches, and seafood rolls. Special fried seafood platters and yellowfin tuna are also available.
Live music shows on Friday and Saturday nights and a raw bar on Thursday night rock the place. Daily lunch and dinner specials are provided. They can cater any special events and gatherings with a delightful menu. A full bar with 16 craft beers and wine varieties gives customers a broader taste.
- Must-Try Items: Stuffed Mushrooms, Shrimp scampi, broiled sea scallops
- Hours: Bar- Sunday – Thursday: 11 AM – 1 AM, Friday & Saturday: 11 AM – 2 AM, Kitchen- Sunday – Thursday: 11 AM to 10 PM, Friday & Saturday: 11 AM to 11 PM
- Contact: 860- 283-4177
- Nearby Attractions: The Carousel Museum, Black Rock State Park
Address: 157 East Main Street Thomaston, CT 06787
14. The Place Restaurant – Guilford, Connecticut
The place Restaurant is unique with outdoor seating arrangements. The seating area is enlightened with tree stumps circling bright red tables decorated with fresh-cut flowers in bottles. An extensive menu stands in the dining area for customers to view.
The place originated in the 1940s by sailor Whitey and later took over by Vaughn and His brother Gary in 1971, running it now successfully. The fire pit is 18 feet long to roast traditional clams and other dishes.
The menu includes salmons, shrimp, and lobsters. Customers can bring their candles, table clothes, and adults with their favorite drinks.
- Must-Try Items: Bluefish, steamers, veggie-bob
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 5 PM – 8 PM, Friday: 5 PM – 9 PM, Saturday: 1 PM – 9 PM, Sunday/ on holiday: 12 PM – 8 PM
- Contact: 203-453-9276
- Nearby Attractions: Guilford Town Green, Thomas Griswold House
Address: 901 Boston Post Rd. Guilford, CT 06437
15. Westville Seafood – New Haven, CT
Westville Seafood offers a wide variety of seafood in fried and grilled forms. Lunch and dinner are met with soups, salads, sandwiches, platters, milkshakes, and drinks. Online food ordering facility is available with Grubhub.
There are many special events conducted for people and on the best occasions. Lobster rolls, along with drinks, make the best combo. A special kid’s menu is available with unique dishes.
- Must-Try Items: Shrimp fries, wings, seafood rolls.
- Hours: Monday – Wednesday: 11 AM – 8 PM, Thursday – Saturday: 11 AM – 9 PM, Sunday: 11 AM – 7 PM
- Contact: 203- 397-3474
- Nearby Attractions: New Haven Museum, Judges Cave
Address: 1514 Whalley Ave New Haven, CT 06515
16. The Whelk – Westport, CT
The Whelk has a comfortable restaurant and bar and is near the Saugatuck River, featuring a pleasant atmosphere. You can enjoy outdoor seating with a relaxing view of the river.
The dinner treat includes roasted oysters, Brussels sprouts, octopus, and Monkfish. Trout hash for lunch and olive oil Cake sweet are available. Amazing cocktails, beers, wines, and spirits are provided for refreshments. Copp’s island oysters are unique for happy hour.
Private events are organizable here, with 45 members for dinner and 75 for cocktail parties. The reservation should be made at least one month in advance. The party menu typically contains four to five courses with special drinks. Attractive gift cards are purchasable online.
- Must-Try Items: Burrata, Roasted Oysters, Smoked Trout Dip, Deviled Eggs.
- Hours: Lunch – Friday – Saturday: 12 PM – 3 PM, Dinner – Tuesday – Thursday: 4.30 PM – 9 PM, Friday and Saturday: 4.30 PM – 9.30 PM
- Contact: 203- 557-0902
- Nearby Attractions: Stepping Stones Museum for Children, Panic Room – Norwalk.
Address: 575 Riverside Ave Westport, CT
17. Rowayton Seafood Restaurant and Market – Norwalk, CT
Kevin and Grace Conroy started the Rowayton Seafood Restaurant in 1996, providing top-notch seafood with fresh fish in the market. Yankee Magazine recognized them for “Best Seafood” in the Best of New England Issue. The market serves fresh, steamed, fried fish, lobsters, scallops, and shrimp.
Oysters, Tuna, salads, sandwiches, and soups are there for lunch. Truffle Parmesan Fries and Chowder Poutine are good sides. Chocolate cakes and blueberry pies make up delicious desserts. Stunning cocktail, spirits, wine, and beer collections are available. Jumbo Lump Crab Toast with bloody buoy is ideal for Sunday brunch.
Online table reservations and take-out facilities are available. Boat slip with dining reservation is accepted only 30 days in advance.
The Crow’s Nest is the best room with a capacity of 20 seats for dinner parties, anniversaries, and business gatherings, and a special menu is provided. Entertaining events for Mother’s Day and Sugar Kelp Harvest Week happen here.
- Must-Try Items: Lobster Roll, Tuna flatbread, Tuna Tartar, and Truffle Fries.
- Hours: Restaurant: Sunday – Wednesday: 11.30 AM – 9 PM, Thursday – Saturday: 11.30 AM – 10 PM, Market: Monday – Saturday: 9 AM – 7 PM, Sunday: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Contact: Restaurant – 203-866-4488, Market – 203-838-7473
- Nearby Attractions: Sheffield Island Lighthouse, Panic Room – Norwalk
Address: 89 Rowayton Ave Norwalk, CT 06853
18. Supreme Seafood Restaurant – North Branford, CT
Ralph Amendola and Vincent Caprio started the Supreme Seafood Restaurant in 1989, and with eleven years of experience, they make top-class Seafood. Many magazines, such as “Zagat,” recognize their service and quality.
Soups and appetizers include shrimp roasted corn, Lobster bisque, and Fried Mozzarella. Seafood delights include lobster rolls, Calamari, Shrimp, and Whole clam roll. Chili dogs, Hamburgers, and Grilled Chicken make up the sandwich collection. A specific children’s menu with bellies, hotdogs, and Fish & Chips is available.
Refreshing beverages with crispy quick bites and sides are a good combo. The dining room is well-furnished and sophisticated, with 22 seats for customers to enjoy pleasant dining. Outdoor seating is provided during the summer season. It is possible to order your favorite foods online, and take out the facility is accessible.
- Must-Try Items: Whole Belly Clams, Clam Strips, Lobster Bisque, and Scallops.
- Hours: Monday – Saturday: 11 AM – 8 PM, Sunday: 12 PM – 8 PM
- Contact: 203-484-2721
- Nearby Attractions: East Rock Park, Stony Creek Museum.
Address: 999 Foxon Road, North Branford, CT 06471
19. Bill’s Seafood Restaurant – Westbrook, CT
Bill’s Seafood offers a wide range of delicious seafood for people with party experience. Family picnics and sitting at the table near Patchogue River is a good recreation.
Unique menu collections include chowders, salads, starters, steamed fish, sandwiches, and entrees. Shrimps, scallops, clam strips, and oysters are fried, giving a good appetite. There is also an ice cream and gift shop mainly featuring the famous Ashley’s Ice Cream. The kids’ combo menu includes their favorite meals, beverages, and soft ice cream.
Special cocktails, wines, ciders, draft beers, and non-alcoholic drinks are also available for your convenience. Fine happy hour is organized with delightful oysters, chicken wings & tenders, and shrimp.
Entertaining live music shows and events do occur here. The Modeans, Cosmo & Bobo, Wayne & Chris, The Greenstamps, and Bill’s All-Star Jazz band are famous happenings.
- Must-Try Items: Lobster Rolls, Clam Strips, Scallops, Tuna Melt.
- Hours: Monday – Sunday: 11 AM – 9 PM
- Contact: 860-399-7224
- Nearby Attractions: Connecticut River Museum, Meigs Point Nature Center
Address: 548 Boston Post Rd, Westbrook, CT 06498
20. Max Fish – Glastonbury, CT
Max Fish has several recognitions for its diverse food menu and cuisine. Connecticut Magazine named them “Best Seafood,” and Hartford Courant acknowledges them as “Best Boozy Brunch.” Max group has about 11 units of restaurants and bars in various other places like Massachusetts and Florida.
Oysters, clams, salads & starters, poke bowls, and lobsters are great for lunch. Dessert variations include cakes, espresso, and tea. Classic happy hour involves quick bites, wines, beers, and cocktails. The kid’s menu with hamburger, kid’s pasta, and Shrimp platter is amazing. Online reservation and take-out facilities are available.
Various wines from white to rose, Hail Caesar cocktails, mocktails, and other drinks such as the blue moon, Sam Adams and Miller Light are good collections. Sunday brunch has crispy sides and bloody marys like a bloody bull and Giardiniera.
Max and Cooper gift cards will fetch you attractive offers and gifts. The private room with 36 seats, the dining room with 50 seats, and the patio with 70 seats are ideal for cocktail parties, functions, dinners, business gatherings, and brunch.
- Must-Try Items: Oysters, Grilled Octopus, Lobster Rolls, and Grilled Salmon.
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 11.30 AM – 9 PM, Friday & Saturday: 11.30 AM – 10 PM, Sunday: 11 AM – 9 PM.
- Contact: 860-652-3474
- Nearby Attractions: Dinosaur State Park, The Mark Twain House & Museum
Address: 110 Glastonbury Blvd, Glastonbury, CT 06033
Find Seafood Restaurants Near You
Multicuisines in fish and lobsters offer a variety of choices for people. The unique menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and kids provided in the Seafood Restaurants in Connecticut is welcomed by the public. Full-time bar facilities with excellent drinks are found in restaurants in Noank, West Haven, and Guilford, creating a good atmosphere.