Record stores in Connecticut propose a diverse range of music for music lovers and casual listeners. Music scenes in the state are vibrant, and various genres are represented. Many music institutes offer vinyl, cassettes, CDs, t-shirts, posters, turntables, etc.
All these stores are filled with members with exceptional collections from previous times. Whether it’s a classic rock album on vinyl or a rare jazz CD, these stores possess uniquely different top-class music. All these stores are sprawling with music that will suit everyone.
List of 25 Best Connecticut Record Stores
1. Redscroll Records – Wallingford, Connecticut
Redscroll Records has been an independent record store for over two decades. It’s one of the best record stores in CT. Music enthusiasts operate the store by collecting and selling outstanding records. Gift certificates are available here.
They offer various new and used discs, pre-orders, limited edition releases, movies, and books. An in-store record player is here so customers can test albums before purchasing. It has the option of gift certificates. In the store, shows, podcasts, and many events happen daily.
- Hours: Sunday- from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Thursday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-265-7013
- Nearby Attractions: Brooksvale Park, Bartlem Recreation Area.
Address: 69 South Turnpike Road, Unit B, Wallingford, CT 06492
2. Newbury Comics – Manchester, CT
Newbury Comics is an iconic store for pop culture goods. It has an expansive selection of vinyl CDs, cassettes of collector’s editions, and rare finds. The store is a paradise for collectors, with bins of records covering a variety of genres.
They have everything from classic rock to jazz to hip-hop, punk, and indie. Their updated collection includes K-pop, new releases & autographed vinyl CDs. The store is a hot spot for comics, graphic novels, apparel, and gifts. They host in-store events and signings for customers to interact with artists. They have another outlet in Danbury.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday- from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-648-2411
- Nearby Attractions: Nevers Park, Flight Adventure Park Manchester.
Address: 194 Buckland Hills Drive, Manchester, CT 06040
3. FYE – Waterbury, Connecticut
For Your Entertainment is a chain record and music entertainment store. They have been in business for over 20 years and have various CDs and vinyl records stocks. It has other branches in Waterford, Trumbull, Danbury, and Meriden.
Music albums from classic rock to new releases and international to local artists are present. The shop offers movies, TV titles, books, toys, and games.
The online store offers unique gift items, such as posters, apparel, bed & bath, etc.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, Friday-Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, Sunday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-805-6710
- Nearby Attractions: Hubbard Park, Railroad Museum of New England.
Address: 495 Union St, Ste 1154
4. Records – The Good Kind – Vernon, CT
Records – The Good Kind is a mortar record shop selling quality vinyl records. They have many records, from classical rock to alternative hip-hop. For audiophiles and collectors of rare recordings, this is a must-stop location.
There are LP records, CDs, and tapes in the store, both new and old. Browse a massive array of stereo gear while interacting with welcoming staff. The shop attracts all types of customers for buys & sales.
- Hours: Tuesday & Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Wednesday- Saturday from 12:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Contact: 860- 872-5506
- Nearby Attractions: Valley Falls Park, Nevers Park.
Address: 435-Q Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, Connecticut 06066
5. The Archive – Bridgeport, Connecticut
The Archive is an entertainment complex that provides movie & music-related products. It is a one-stop shop for all your entertainment needs and offers vinyl CDs and cassettes. The Archive has one of the largest collections of soundtracks and vinyl LPs.
They provide a wide selection of classic and modern-day video games. Classic 8-bit games are present to experience the latest virtual reality. The extended service has a limited collection of apparel and movie genres, from action to drama.
- Hours: Tuesday- Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-441-5678
- Nearby Attraction: Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, SeaQuest Connecticut.
Address: 118 Congress Street, Bridgeport, CT, US 06604
6. Gerosa Records – Brookfield, CT
Gerosa Records has been an exclusive vinyl record store in business since 1986. They specialize in vintage and modern records. A wide range of records are available in the store, including classic jazz and modern indie rock.
They carry thousands of LP records, both new & secondhand. Thousands of 45s, imported, and out-of-print albums are available. Their turntables and stereos have antique items like cassette decks. Backstage passes, programs, and other souvenirs. This shop buys record collections and offers weekly new arrivals as well.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday- 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Monday- Tuesday- closed.
- Contact: 203-775-7074
- Nearby Attraction: The Cave ( Formerly Monster Mini Golf ), Happy Landings Protected Open Space.
Address: 246 Federal Rd, Brookfield, Connecticut 06804
7. Merle’s Record Rack – Orange, Connecticut
Merle’s Record Rack has been an iconic record store for over 60 years. The shop has an excellent selection of classic and modern records, vinyl, tapes, and CDs. Music enthusiast Michael Papa operates this place.
The store offers various services, including vinyl restoration and turntable repair. Audio & video transfer is among the best services provided here. Music events and anniversaries are in full swing here.
- Hours: Wednesday- Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Saturday- from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-795-9033
- Nearby Attractions: Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park, Eisenhower Park.
Address: 307 Racebrook Road, Orange, CT 06477
8. Disc & Dat – Bethel, CT
Disc & Dat Record is a popular store by Dennis & John Esposito since 1987. They offer a variety of music and memorabilia for all age groups. The store gives an inviting atmosphere to all its customers. It displays music-related artwork, making it a haven for music lovers.
There is an extensive collection of new & used vinyl records, CDs, and DVDs. Customers will find classic albums from the ’50s to the ’90s and new releases. A variety of merchandise, t-shirts, and books are available. Music-related services like record cleaning and digital transfers are welcome here.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm, Saturday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-797-0067
- Nearby Attractions: Hearthstone Castle, Danbury Railway Museum.
Address: 107 Greenwood Ave Bethel, CT, US 06801
9. Mystic Disc – Groton, Connecticut
Mystic Disc is a beloved record store founded in 1983. It is one of the longest-running record stores, running for over 40 years. They have records and CDs ranging from classics to the latest releases.
The store offers turntables, receivers, speakers, and guitar and piano lessons. It provides music lessons, such as guitar and piano lessons. You will also find various music books and accessories, such as guitar strings and drumsticks. It’s one of the best record shops in CT.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-536-1312
- Nearby Attractions: Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic Aquarium.
Address: 10 Steamboat Wharf Mystic, CT, US 06355
10. Uncle Joe’s Records – Cromwell, CT
Uncle Joe’s Records is a trusted music store. From classical to hard rock, they have everything under one roof. Different genres, like pop, jazz, blues, country, indie, etc. are present here.
Some rare, hard-to-find, limited-edition, and out-of-print releases are available. The store often hosts listening parties for people to sample music. They host live music events featuring local bands and musicians. Merchandise, speakers, and gift cards are present for buying.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Contact: 860-316-3631
- Nearby Attractions: Kidcity Children’s Museum, Dinosaur State Park.
Address: 6 Kirby Rd, Cromwell, CT 06416
11. Tumbleweeds – East Lyme, Connecticut
Tumbleweeds Record Store is a local family-owned record store with vinyl records. It has become a favorite spot for its inviting atmosphere and vast collection. They provide a massive stock of bohemian boutique apparel.
It offers classic rock, hip-hop, jazz, contemporary pop, and traditional country music.
Be it a rare vinyl by a forgotten artist or a new release, it’s available here. Jewelry, incense, tapestries, and dream catchers are their best-extended products. They host several events and activities to keep music lovers entertained.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday- from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday- from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-739-9018
- Nearby Attractions: Niantic Children’s Museum, Fort Trumbull State Park, and Museum.
Address: 325 Main Street, Niantic, Connecticut 06357, United States
12. Music Outlet – Enfield, CT
Music Outlet has been an independently operated record store since 1984. Their vast collection at an affordable rate is an added benefit. It gained its popularity by offering impressive records spanning all genres & eras. Movie-related merchandises are present in their store.
They have everything from classic rock, punk records, and modern hip-hop to electronic music. Music Outlet carries rare music accessories like turntables, headphones, and needles. The store hosts regular in-store events, including listening parties and special guest appearances.
- Hours: Wednesday- Friday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-749-2050
- Nearby Attractions: Connecticut Trolley Museum, Forest Park.
Address: 151 Hazard Ave Enfield, CT, US 06082
13. Trading Post Music – Canton, Connecticut
Trading Post Music, formerly known as a book exchange store, has now evolved into an entertainment store. It’s been a staple in the community since its opening in 1983. The store also carries a vast selection of rare and sought-after record items.
Trading Post Music has a wide selection of new and used records, CDs, and other musical memorabilia. LPs, band t-shirts, posters, tapestries, incense, and jewelry are available here. They are most hyped for offerings like Detox & vaporizers and fragrances.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, Sunday- from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-693-4679, 860-693-8677
- Nearby Attractions: Ski Sundown, Roaring Brook Nature Center.
Address: 233 Albany Tpke, Canton, CT 06019
14. Exile On Main Street – Branford, Connecticut
Exile On Main Street has been a fixture for record collectors since 1993. They mostly feature rock, indie, metal, jam bands, etc. It is the place to find obscure 50’s jazz records, 80’s hip-hop classics, or the latest alt-rock album.
They also have a great selection of classic and contemporary new records. This place offers CDs, music DVDs, and vinyl records. Several accessories, including coffee mugs, stickers, buttons, T-shirts, posters, and headphones, are here.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Sunday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-483-6228
- Nearby Attractions: The Shore Line Trolley Museum, Branford Point.
Address: 267 East Main St. Branford, CT 06405
15. The Telegraph – New London, CT
The Telegraph first imprinted itself as a twenty-first-century independent label & promoter. It is an ideal destination for audiophiles, vinyl lovers, and music fans. New and used records, CDs, and cassettes are available. The list is ongoing, from classic rock, hip-hop, and punk to jazz and blues.
Along with classical, reggae, and African music, they carry books, apparel, etc. They participate in musical events to promote the local music scene. Poetry readings and movie showings are among the in-house activities.
- Hours: Tuesday- Friday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-701-0506
- Nearby Attractions: Fort Trumbull State Park and Museum, New London Waterfront Park.
Address: 19 Golden St, New London, CT, US 06320
16. Elm City Sounds – New Haven, Connecticut
Elm City Sounds offers a selection of music from a variety of genres. The store has hand-picked items, from classic jazz, blues, and modern pop to alternative. Its atmosphere here is warm and welcoming.
Vintage record players, cassettes, and vinyl delight music are found here. This place has an ever-growing selection of music-related books, posters, and other merchandise. Elm City buys, sells & trades the rarest records in town.
- Hours: Wednesday- Sunday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Contact: 203-691-1877
- Nearby Attractions: Yale University Art Gallery, It Adventure Ropes Course.
Address: 24 Fountain St, New Haven, CT.
17. Willimantic Records – Windham, CT
Willimantic Records is a locally owned used DYI store that provides vinyl records and shellacs. Their collection comprises classic rock, indie, metal, jazz, blues, folk, and more genres. Since 2012, Willimantic Records has become a popular destination for music enthusiasts of all ages.
The store encourages mainstream as well as underground musicians. Willimantic organizes lectures, readings, film screenings, and performances by local musicians. Selling used vinyl records requires a prior appointment.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday- from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-576-8111
- Nearby Attractions: Philip Lauter Park, Mansfield Hollow State Park.
Address: Bliss Marketplace, 34 North Street Willimantic, CT, US 06226
18. Static Era Records – Milford, Connecticut
Static Age Records is an independent music label along with a record shop. They have the latest music-related merchandise, such as shirts, posters, and accessories. The store hosts live events and in-store appearances by local and regional artists.
The store carries country, rap, and classic rock music. It is more focused on the punk and hardcore genres. It often hosts open mic nights, music documentaries, and movie nights. People can cash in on old records here as well.
- Hours: Wednesday- Friday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Saturday- 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday- By appointment.
- Contact: 475-444-3663
- Nearby Attractions: PEZ Visitor Center, Silver Sands State Park.
Address: 43 River Street, Milford, CT 06460
19. Johnny’s – Darien, CT
Johnny’s is extremely popular for its owner, John Konrad’s collection of recordings.
The shop has been in business since 1975 and is extensively known for its selection of vinyl at affordable prices. From classic rock to jazz, hip hop to country, one will get what is desired.
The store carries all kinds of media, from CDs and cassettes to 8-tracks and beyond. The added items include turntables, headphones, concert Posters, vintage clothing, and amplifiers.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday- 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday- 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Contact: 203-655-0157
- Nearby Attractions: The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Mill River Park.
Address: 45 Tokeneke Road, Darien, Connecticut 06820
20. Revolution Records – Torrington, Connecticut
Revolution Records is an independent record store. It offers a fantastic selection of vinyl records, CDs, laser discs, and 8-tracks. Various music-related books, magazines, and merchandise can be obtainable from here.
It is known for its classic rock, jazz, blues, punk, alternative, and soul collections. There are Pokémon and Magic cards for children. Furthermore, third-party trading services are offered here for a small sum.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-618-5370
- Nearby Attractions: Coe Memorial Park, Sunnybrook State Park.
Address: 7 Willow Street Torrington, CT, US 06790
21. River Bottom Records – Putnam, CT
River Bottom Records is an independent record store. It is proud to have the most extensive vinyl selection in the state. They stock CDs, cassettes, & other music formats. This place’s unique atmosphere sets it apart from other music stores.
It is a comfortable space, and the walls are adorned with album art posters. River Bottom hosts live music events, often featuring local and indie acts. The staff here are passionate about music, & also buy old records from customers.
- Hours: Wednesday- 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Thursday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 959-232-1635
- Nearby Attractions: Rotary Park, Owen Bell Park.
Address: 112 Main Street Putnam, CT, US 06260
22. CBug’s Records – East Windsor, CT
CBug’s has been a local favorite for a decade, spanning 1200 sq. ft. They specialize in funk, punk, and alternative music. The store also stocks vinyl LPs and CDs, allowing customers to buy physical copies of their favorite albums. This place has become a staple to meet, connect, and exchange ideas.
They carry other genres, from jazz and classical to country and hip-hop. The store hosts regular events, like in-store performances, & live music. Toys, games, and memorabilia are the other added best products here.
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday- from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-519-4725
- Nearby Attractions: Connecticut Trolley Museum, New England Air Museum.
Address: 2nd floor of The Vintage Shops, 42 Bridge St, East Windsor, CT 06088.
23. Paul’s Boutique Records – Vernon, CT
Paul’s Boutique Records has been the ultimate destination for affordable finds since 2021. Their selection of records includes classic rock, pop, punk, metal, and jazz. Collections from various independent and international artists are present. Autographed music & foreign pressings, books, and posters are among the best-selling products.
The store has turntables, amplifiers, speakers, and headphones. It hosts live music events and performances by local and regional actors. Paul buys old records as well as provides repair services for them.
- Hours: Tuesday- Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday- from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Sunday- from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-454-0154
- Nearby Attractions: Valley Falls Park, Nevers Park.
Address: 630 Talcottville Rd, Vernon, CT 06066
24. Vinyl Street Cafe – Fairfield, CT
Vinyl Street Cafe is one of the state’s most recent record businesses. Since 2016 this store has been serving classic records with a cup of coffee. This place has an extensive music collection, including recent releases and used copies of great albums.
Owner Joshua is frequently seen interacting with clients while brewing cups of specialty coffee. The store caters to any music lover, as they carry various genres. This place is ideal whether one is a jazz, classical, folk, or local fan.
- Hours: Wednesday- Saturday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Sunday- from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-292-5785
- Nearby Attractions: Jennings Beach, SeaQuest Connecticut.
Address: 1895c Post Rd. Fairfield, CT, US 06824
25. Replay Records – Hamden, CT
Replay Records has been a staple of the local music scene since 1989. The place to purchase records, cassettes, and CDs has since evolved into a music community. The store has various genres, including rock, punk, metal, jazz, and classical.
This store hosts charitable events that benefit local organizations. They often work with schools and libraries to bring music to the younger generation. Workshops, concerts, and special in-store performances are a bonus here. Provided Services are grading and cleaning vinyl discs.
- Hours: Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Saturday- Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-934-9999
- Nearby Attractions: Sleeping Giant State Park, Brooksvale Park.
Address: 2586 Whitney Ave Hamden, CT, US 06518
Find Record Stores Near You
In conclusion, record stores in Connecticut are an invaluable resource for music lovers & collectors alike. Along with an array of options for different genres and budgets, these stores offer a wide range of options for anyone wanting to add to their vinyl collection. Whether you’re looking for rare finds, new releases, or anything in between, a record store in CT is a perfect choice.