Many restaurants in Connecticut will tantalize the taste buds and leave people wanting more. From farm-to-table eateries to unique vegan dishes, these restaurants always satisfy you. The best brunch spots in Connecticut will fascinate the taste buds of any foodie.
From cozy cafes to vibrant eateries, there’s something for everyone. So gather your friends, family, or significant other and enjoy a delicious meal together at one of these fan-favorite restaurants. Here is a list of some of the best brunch eateries in the state to dazzle the taste buds and make the Sunday meal extra special.
List of 16 Best Brunch Spots In CT
1. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store – Milford, CT
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is perfect for brunch meals. The bright sign of the restaurant greets every traveler and local on the American Interstate Highway. The smell of freshly baked biscuits and cookies mixed with the smell of homestyle recipes make this place more appealing to everyone.
This Store is meant to help travelers to relax and get a fresh meal on the way. Dan Evins opened this brunch restaurant and stored it almost six decades ago. Nearby families also love this place for Sunday brunches and other meals. Simple family recipes like sugar-cured ham are served for Easter brunch here. Vegan and vegetarian options are also available on the menu.
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Popular Dishes: Country Fried Steak, The Craker Barrel Special Country Boy Breakfast, Meatloaf, Fried Apple.
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday: 07:00 a.m.- 09:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 07:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: The minimum price for an Easter brunch meal is $119.99 ( serves 4-6 people).
- Contact: 203-877-7595
- Nearby Attractions: PEZ Visitor Center, Eisenhower Park
Address: 30 Research Dr. Milford, CT 06460
2. Engine Room in – Mystic, CT
This popular Sunday Brunch in Connecticut is at the Lathrop Marine Engine Building. The restaurant has a great view of Mystic River. Engine Room is popular for popular American comfort food burgers.
Beer and other alcoholic beverages are regularly served here. This restaurant has a sixteen craft beer bar and the largest bourbon selection of Mystic. All dishes are prepared using locally sourced items.
- Cuisine: Comfort food, American, Southern
- Popular Dishes: Fried Fish Sandwich, Deviled Egg, Codd Salad, Chicken Burger
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday: 11:00 a.m.- 09:00 p.m., Friday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $30and under per person
- Contact: 860-415-8117
- Nearby Attractions: Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic Aquarium.
Address: 14 Holmes Street, Mystic, CT 06355
3. Elm Street Diner – Stamford, CT
Elm Street Diner has been in business since 1987, a family-owned eatery in Stamford. The restaurant is a famous Sunday brunch place in Connecticut. The Moshos family has been serving quality food for everyone. The place serves on a first-come-first-serve basis. Weekends are the biggest rush time here. Elm Street Diner is a great place for parties and other occasions.
- Cuisine: American
- Popular Dishes: French Toast, Classic Eggs Benedict, Churro French Toast, Grilled Chicken.
- Hours: Monday & Tuesday: 08:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m., Wednesday- Saturday: 08:00 a.m.- 08:00 p.m., Sunday: 08:00 a.m.- 02:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $30 and under per person.
- Contact: 203-325-1141
- Nearby Attractions: Mill River Park, Cove Island.
Address: 463 Elm Street, Stamford, CT 06902
4. Pacific Buffet & Grill – Wallingford, Connecticut
Pacific Buffet & Grill started as a buffet and brunch spot in Wallingford in 2005. It has been since one of the top Sunday and Saturday Brunch places in Connecticut. Customers are welcome here with the warm and friendly smiles of staff members and freshly cooked food.
The all-you-can-eat buffet and brunch meals consist of popular dishes from both American and Chinese cuisine. Fresh harvests are used for cooking here. The dessert buffet consists of cakes, ice creams, puddings, and pastries. Fresh chicken, Omelettes, aged and hand-cut USDA-graded steaks, and fresh seafood are regular in buffet lists here.
- Cuisine: Chinese, American
- Popular Dishes: Crab Rangoon, Calamari, Southern Fried Chicken, General Tso’s Chicken.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 11:00 a.m.- 09:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 09:30 p.m., Sunday: 11:30 a.m.- 09:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $17.99 per person.
- Contact: 203-269-6888
- Nearby Attractions: Powder Hill Dinosaur, Hubbard Park,
Address: 20 Ives Rd., 301C, Wallingford, CT 06492, US
5. The Place 2 Be – Hartford, CT
The Place 2 Be restaurant is the newest attraction in Hartford. This brunch place started its journey in 2015, With 4 outlets in Connecticut and 1 in Springfield (MA). West Hartford, Franklin Ave. (Hartford), Constitution Plaza, and New Haven are three outlets. The mantra here is “Go Bottomless.” The love of good food and sharing with everyone is the goal of this brunch spot.
Customers can try different alcoholic beverages or coffee here. The food here is appealing to everyone. People can check out their souvenir shop for cool t-shirts and caps. It’s a cool hangout spot for every generation. The place is one of the most Instagrammable restaurants in CT.
- Cuisine: American, Breakfast & Brunch
- Popular Dishes: Avocado Toast, Spicy Chicken Wrap, Philly Cheesesteak Omelet.
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 07:00 a.m.- 08:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $45- $65 per person.
- Contact: 860-206-5115
- Nearby Attractions: Constitution Plaza, Spectra Plaza
Address: 5 Constitution Plaza, Hartford, Ct 06103
6. Abigail’s Grille & Wine Bar – Simsbury, Connecticut
Abigail’s Grille & Wine Bar is considered one of the best brunch places in Simsbury. This 220-year-old restaurant is quite famous among locals. With ethnic recipes and a fresh New England Atmosphere, this is the best destination for any gathering or party.
The menu consists of fresh continental dishes and typical American cuisine. Fresh seasonal ingredients are used for cooking here. The Wine cellar here is full of treasures for any wine-lover.
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Dessert, Bar
- Popular Dishes: Maine Lobster Pasta, French Onion Soup, Classic Ceaser Salad, Chicken Marsala.
- Hours: Monday- Wednesday: 11:30 a.m.- 08:30 p.m., Thursday: 11:30 a.m.- 09:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 11:30 a.m.- 10:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 08:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $15- $30 per person.
- Contact: 860-.264-1580
- Nearby Attractions: Connecticut Science Center, Westmoor Park.
Address: 4 Hartford Road, Simsbury, CT 06089
7. Butchers & Bakers – Farmington, Connecticut
Butchers & Bakers is housed in the famous The Exchange in Farmington. It’s the 12th restaurant from the local 8 Restaurant Group. The restaurant has received the Connecticut Magazine’s Best Restaurant Award as Expert’s Pick for Best Brunch Place in 2022 and 2023.
There are 2 coal-fired ovens, three full bars, and Connecticut’s largest outdoor patio. The chef here believes in serving authentic charcoal-grilled food to customers. It’s a perfect brunch spot to enjoy small meals with friends and family.
- Cuisine: American
- Popular Dishes: Meatballs, Calamari, Fennel Sausage, Pork Chop
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 11:30 a.m.- 10:00 p.m., Friday: 11:30 a.m.- 12:00 a.m., Saturday: 11:00 a.m.- 12:00 a.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 09:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $31- $60 per person
- Contact: 860-470-7414
- Nearby Attractions: Hill-Stead Museum, New Britain Youth Museum
Address: 270 Farmington Avenue, Suite 101, Farmington, CT 06032
8. Millwright’s Restaurant and Tavern – Simsbury, CT
Millwright’s Restaurant is an elegant brunch place in Simsbury. Venessa Walsh, with chefs Ashely Flagg and Kristin Eddy, has been maintaining this beautiful restaurant for a long time. Chef Flagg and Chef Eddy believe in serving fresh food with all-natural ingredients harvested locally.
The fascinating wooden ceiling with the natural beauty of this restaurant is perfect for fine dining. The popular greenhouse of Millwrights is open for any close gathering. Customers can enjoy the chef’s special tasting menu while dining indoors.
- Cuisine: American
- Popular Dishes: Foie Gras, Johny Cakes, Beef Tartare, Pork Belly Taco.
- Hours: Wednesday, Thursday: 05:00 p.m.- 08:30 p.m., Friday, Saturday: 05:00 p.m.- 09:00 p.m., Sunday: 05:00 p.m.- 07:30 p.m., Monday & Tuesday- closed.
- Brunch Price: $31- $50 per person for Sunday brunch.
- Contact: 860-651-5500
- Nearby Attractions: Simsbury Historical Society, Penwood State Park.
Address: 77 West Street, Simsbury, Ct
9. ION Restaurant – Middletown, CT
ION Restaurant has been a popular vegetarian restaurant in Middletown for nearly 35 years. It is an award-winning plant-based vegan brunch place in Connecticut. The chefs here use fresh local harvests to prepare daily meals.
Starting from organic and gluten-free meals, customers can enjoy creative cocktails and alcoholic beverages here. The place is best suited for romantic dates and hangouts.
- Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian.
- Popular Dishes: Southern Plate, Southern Fried Tofu, Coconut Cake, Kale Salad
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday: 12:00 p.m.- 09:00 p.m., Sunday & Monday: closed
- Contact: 860- 346-9210
- Nearby Attractions: Butternut Hollow Park, Kidcity’s Children’s Museum.
Address: 606 Main Street, Middletown, CT 06457
10. Foundry Kitchen and Tavern – Sandy Hook, CT
Foundry Kitchen and Tavern is a well-known restaurant in Sandy Hook. Housed in a beautiful historic building, it deteriorated with many antique items. The restaurant has been serving elegant dishes for nearly a decade.
Handcrafted cocktails and unique dishes from local harvests are the major attractions of regular customer gatherings here.
- Cuisine: American
- Popular Dishes: Inside Out Burger, Yucca, Fish Tacos, Pork Belly
- Hours: Sunday, Tuesday- Thursday: 11:30 a.m.- 09:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 11:30 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $31- $50 per person
- Contact: 203-491-2030
- Nearby Attractions: Southford Falls State Park, EverWonder Children’s Museum.
Address: 1 Glen Rd, Sandy Hook, CT 06482, United States
11. Fortina Restaurant – Stamford, Connecticut
Fortina Restaurant is an Italian restaurant in Stamford, and famous for being the best Saturday brunch place. If you’re looking for a cool place to hand out and cheat your diet, Fortina is the best in town.
The mouthwatering flavors like fresh basil, melting cheese, and fried meatballs are the special attractions of this place. The souvenir shop of the restaurant is a must-visit place for everyone. The super cool shirts and pom pom caps are worth every penny.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Popular Dishes: Chicken Parm, Fried Meatballs, Burrata, Arancini
- Hours: Monday- Thursday: 12:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m., Friday: 12:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m., Saturday: 11:– a.m.-11:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 09:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $31- $60 per person
- Contact: 203-703-9080
- Nearby Attractions: Mill River Park, Stamford Museum &Nature Center.
Address: 120 Wash. Blvd., Stamford, CT 06902
12. The Corner Restaurant – Milford, Connecticut
The Corner Restaurant is a special staple breakfast and Brunch place in Milford. It started its journey with its famous stuffed French toast in 1997. Its popularity has increased with time.
This cute restaurant has taken the love for breakfast to a different level. The Corner has been serving popular American breakfast dishes alongside different fusion dishes. There are lots of vegetarian and vegan options available on the menu here. The place is one of the best Instagrammable Brunch spots in Connecticut.
- Cuisine: American- Breakfast & Brunch
- Popular Dishes: Stuffed French Toast, Pulled Duck, Eggs Benedict, Indian Spiced Duck, Breakfast Burrito
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 08:00 a.m.- 02:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: 07:30 a.m.- 01:00 p.m.
- Contact: 203-882-1150
- Nearby Attractions: Boothe Memorial Park, PEZ Visitor Center
Address: 105 River St, Milford, CT 06460, United States
13. The Tea Kettle – Old Saybrook, CT
The Tea Kettle is the recent favorite of Food Networks in Connecticut. Chef & Owner David A. Ciastko has been serving a huge combo of popular breakfast items in this restaurant, like pancakes, omelets, buns, paleo, freshly-baked muffins, pastries, and apple crips.
Different options are available on the menu here, like Gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, Keto, and many more. Everyone is welcome here to try out the freshly cooked items here.
- Cuisine: Breakfast- Brunch, Fast food
- Popular Dishes: Paleo, Omelets, Cinnamon Buns, Crispy Garlic Buffelo, Apple Crisp
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 08:00 a.m.- 02:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $30- $60
- Contact: 860-577-5039
- Nearby Attractions: Connecticut River Museum, Florence Griswold Museum.
Address: 1395 Boston Post Rd, Old Saybrook, CT 06475, United States
14. Fresh Salt At Saybrook Point Inn – Old Saybrook, CT
Saybrook Point Inn is a luxurious hotel in the backdrop of the historical city of Old Saybrook. Customers can indulge in the 5-star treatment of the spa, year-round pool, city tours, poolside bars, and an on-site marina. The award-winning restaurant Fresh Salt is also a part of this establishment.
The eatery is popular for fresh seafood and exotic dishes. All of these are made using local harvests and products. It’s highly dependent on the betterment of local farmers and fishermen. Enjoying brunch with family and friends here is part of a luxury experience.
- Cuisine: Seafood, Authentic and Fusion American
- Popular Dishes: Lobster Roll, Tuna Triangles, New England Clam Chowder, Fish, and Chips.
- Hours: Thursday: 04:00 p.m.- 09:30 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 07:30 p.m.- 09:30 p.m., Sunday & Monday: 07:30 p.m.- 10:00 p.m., Tuesday & Wednesday: closed
- Brunch Price: $15- $38 per person
- Contact: 860-395-2000
- Nearby Attractions: Fort Saybrook Monument Park, Connecticut River Museum
Address: 2 Bridge Street, Old Saybrook, CT 06475
15. Terrain Cafe – Westport, Connecticut
Terraine Cafe believes in fine dining from nature and within nature. The cafe is uniquely designed to blur out the difference between indoor and outdoor dining. All ingredients are handpicked and locally sourced to provide a menu resembling the seasons of nature.
There are many outlets of Terrain Cafe throughout the country. The eatery is perfect for private events like weddings, rehearsal dinners, and office parties.
- Cuisine: America, Breakfast-Brunch
- Popular Dishes: Avocado Toast, Fried Cauliflower, Mushroom soup, Harvest Bowl.
- Hours: (Brunch hours) Monday- Thursday: 10:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m., Friday- Sunday: 09:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m. (Dinner hours) Sunday- Thursday: 04:00 p.m.- 08:00 p.m., Friday &Saturday: 04:00 p.m.- 09:00 p.m.
- Brunch Price: $31 per person
- Contact: 203-226-2732
- Nearby Attractions: Oyster Shell Park, The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
Address: 561 Post Rd E, Westport, CT 06880, United States
16. Arethusa al Tavolo – Bantam, Connecticut
Arethusa al Tavolo is popular for 2 things. If the Arethusa Dairy farm next door is reason 1, then reason 2 is Chef Dan Magill. Fresh dairy products like ice cream, frozen yogurts, and cheese from this farm are huge sensations among locals. On the other hand, the chef offers unique dishes for every customer. All are cooked with fresh local ingredients. The eatery welcomes everyone to experience fine dining and a great time here.
- Cuisine: American, Cocktail, Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt
- Popular Dishes: Pork Belly Dumplings, Lobster Avocado Salad, Amuse Bouche, Lup Crab, Grilled Octopus.
- Hours: Tuesday- Thursday: 05:30 p.m.- 09:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday: 05:00 p.m.- 09:30 p.m., Sunday & Monday: Closed.
- Brunch Price: $31- $50 per person
- Contact: 860-567-0043
- Nearby Attractions: Mt Tom State Park, White Memorial Conservation Center.
Address: 828 Bantam Rd, Bantam, CT 06750, United States
Find Brunch Spots Near You
From classic diner-style breakfasts to upscale eateries that serve creative dishes, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful state. Whether it’s Hartford or New Haven, the best brunch spots in Connecticut will please every taste. Connecticut has some of the best eateries for a delicious brunch experience – bon appétit!
- Best Thrift Stores In Connecticut
- Best Steakhouses in Connecticut
- Best Spa Hotels in Connecticut
- Best Christmas Trees Farms in Connecticut