There are tons of escape rooms in Connecticut. Visiting one is the perfect way to satiate your adrenaline rush. They are fun for people of all ages, and many places even allow children.
Escape rooms are like fun family or group activities. Participants are locked inside with different clues, codes, and puzzles. They brainstorm together to solve the mysteries & come out within the stipulated time. Many escape rooms in Connecticut organize private & corporate events.
List of 15 Best Escape Rooms in Connecticut
1. All In Adventures – Milford, Connecticut
All In Adventures has a kid & family-friendly escape room in Connecticut. The room is suitable for all skill levels & age groups. Guests form a group with family & friends. To solve clues and puzzles and come out in the stipulated time. They offer seven unique and fun games. Kids above six years are allowed to play. Gift cards are available for purchase.
They are available at three locations- Milford, Waterbury, and Manchester. Games such as “Escape from Alcatraz,” “Treasure Island,” “Zombie Apocalypse, “Sherlock’s Library, “Black OPS,” “Hollywood Premier” and “Houdini’s Magic Cell” are available.
Each game lasts about 50-60 minutes. Charges at All In Adventures start from $29 (approx). The escape room even organizes various parties and events. Please arrive one hour before closing to get the whole experience.
- Hours: Monday to Thursday-12:00 pm to 08:00 pm and Friday from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm, and Sunday from 11:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Contact: +1 203-290-1916
- Nearby Attractions: Boothe Memorial Park and Silver Sands State Park
Address: 1201 Boston Post Rd Suite 1220, Milford, CT 06460, United States
2. Escape Rooms Connecticut – Orange, CT
Escape Rooms offer Connecticut’s most immersive experiences. The rooms are designed to provide visitors with never-seen activities. Guests enjoy more than just solving combinations and opening locks. Various talented visual artists, set designers & lighting experts were hired. To curate different themes and build rooms. Four unique & fun games are offered.
Games such as “Sector X,” “The Stolen Relic,” “The Terminal,” and “The Asylum” are available. Each game lasts for about 60 minutes. Various private parties, team-building events, and corporate events are also organized. Charges at Escape Rooms start from $32 (approx). Gift cards are available for purchase.
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday from 05:00 pm to 09:30 pm, Friday from 04:30 to 12:00 am, Saturday from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am, Sunday from 10:30 am to 09:00 pm, and closed on Monday
- Contact: +1203-553-9544
- Nearby Attractions: Savin Rock Park and East Rock Park
Address: 500 Boston Post Rd STE 9, Orange, CT 06477, United States
3. Trap’t Escape Room Adventures – Stamford, CT
Trap’t is Stamford’s highest rated & first escape room. It aims to offer visitors with a premium experience. The rooms are created using both technological & traditional locks, puzzles, and clues.
Trap’t Adventures’ room themes differ from others. They are created using deep narratives & stories. Four exciting games are offered to guests. All escape experiences have multiple rooms. It’s one of the best-rated scary escape rooms in CT.
Games like “Time Chasers,” “Museum Mayhem,” “Abducted,” and “Tremors on the Track” are available. Each game lasts about 50-60 minutes. Trap’t Adventures offers virtual reality & online escape rooms. Newly launched, portable escape rooms are also available. Various private & corporate events are organized.
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday from 04:45 pm to 11:00 pm, Saturday-Sunday from 09:45 am to 11:00 pm, and bookings for Monday are available on call
- Contact: 203-813-5864
- Nearby Attractions: Mill River Park and Cove Island
Address: 76 Progress Dr #262, Stamford, CT 06902, United States
4. Puzzle Theory – South Windsor, Connecticut
Puzzle Theory is an award-winning escape room in Connecticut. It offers five different games to visitors. Each game lasts for about an hour. Visitors solve various obstacles & puzzles to come out. Puzzle Theory’s escape rooms are unlocked. Guests can come out whenever they want. Taking prior bookings is mandatory. All escape experiences are private & have multiple rooms.
Games such as “Rebel Run,” “Spectral Rift,” “The Wizard Realm,” “Warehouse 13,” and “The Jungle Dimension” are available in this scary panic room in CT. Charges at Puzzle Theory start from $33 (approx). Additional activities like “Axe Throwing” are also offered. Gift cards are available for purchase.
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 02:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Tuesday from 09:00 am to 11:00 pm, and Saturday-Sunday from 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Contact: +1860-925-6800
- Nearby Attractions: Connecticut Science Center and Windsor Historical Society
Address: 46 Kennedy Rd #1, South Windsor, CT 06074, United States
5. Spellbound Escapes – Tanger, Connecticut
Spellbound offers mind-blowing puzzles, exciting stories, and thrilling adventures. Escape rooms provided by Spellbound are perfect for Hollywood movie lovers. Guests enjoy live-action, interactive, and fun narrative experiences.
Visitors are first introduced to the gamemaster. He guides them, gives hints, and brings them to the games room. Each team member will be assigned an objective. They will work together to overcome challenges & come out.
The escape room offers two games- “Temple of the Laughing God” & “Aftermath.” Each game lasts for about 60 minutes. Games can be modified to make them wheelchair accessible. Both private & public gaming experience is provided. Children above six years are allowed to play. Various private parties and corporate events are organized.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday from 01:00 pm to 08:00 pm, Friday from 11:30 am to 10:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday from 11:30 am to 09:00 pm and closed on Wednesday
- Contact: +1860-222-8424
- Nearby Attractions: Mystic Aquarium and Mystic Seaport Museum
Address: Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods, 455 Trolley Line Blvd Ste 540, Mashantucket, CT 06338, United States
6. Mission Escape Games – West Hartford, CT
Mission Escape is a popular escape room in Connecticut. It provides visitors with a perfectly stimulating experience. Visitors solve unique & brain-teasing puzzles. With proper communication & teamwork, they unlock the door within the stipulated time. The escape rooms at Mission are perfect for friends, families, tourists, and corporations. Two different games are offered to guests.
The adventure escape room is available at three locations- West Hartford, Manhattan, and Anaheim. Games like “Escape the Hideout” and “Operation: End of Days” are offered. Each game lasts about 50-60 minutes. Mission Escape follows the safety guidelines laid out by the CDC. Various corporate events are organized.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm and Sunday from 10:30 am to 09:30 pm
- Contact: +1 860-337-1821
- Nearby Attractions: Westmoor Park and Elizabeth Park Conservancy
Address: 76 LaSalle Rd Unit 403, West Hartford, CT 06107, United States
7. Escape New Haven – New Haven, Connecticut
Escape New Haven offers a “Real-life” escape experience to visitors. It was voted Connecticut’s best escape room in 2020. Guests, as the main character, are provided an adventure space. They get 60 minutes to solve puzzles and come out with the team. Four games, including indoor and outdoor, are available. Gift cards are available for purchase.
The entire staff at the place is CPR/AED and First Aid certified. Games like “The Double-Cross,” “Before Moonrise,” “Time Crimes,” “Battle of the Bands,” etc. are available. Charges at Escape New Haven start from $79 per team (approx). Various private parties, team-building events, and corporate events are organized.
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10:30 am to 11:30 pm, Sunday from 12:30 pm to 7:35 pm, and closed on Monday.
- Contact: (860) 576-9997
- Nearby Attractions: Yale University Art Gallery and New Haven Green
Address: 103 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CT 06510, United States
8. Escapology Escape Rooms – Trumbull, Connecticut
Escapology is Connecticut’s premier escape room. There are six immersive rooms to offer visitors with quality gaming experience. They offer private gaming for a group of 2-8 players. Party rooms are also available here. Six different games are available for guests. Each game lasts for about an hour. Games at Escapology are wheelchair accessible.
Games such as “A Pirate’s Curse,” “Antidote,” “Budapest Express,” “Lost City,” “Mansion Murder,” “Narco,” etc., are available. Children of any age are allowed to play. Prior booking via the website is mandatory. Charges at Escapology start from $30 (approx). Check online for voucher codes and discounts. Various events and parties are organized.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday from 02:00 pm to 09:00 pm, Friday from 02:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm, and Sunday from 10:00 am to 08:00 pm
- Contact: (203) 489-5850
- Nearby Attractions: Old Mine Park and Indian Ledge Park
Address: 9 Trefoil Dr, Trumbull, CT 06611, United States
9. Team vs. Time – Berlin, Connecticut
Team vs. time is the best escape room in Connecticut. It offers four kinds of gaming experiences. Each has a different difficulty level and theme. Visitors solve clues & puzzles to reach the ultimate objective. They get 60 minutes to come out successfully. Charges at Team vs. Time stars from $30 (approx). Gift cards are available for purchase.
Games such as “The Lost Book of Spells,” “Gangster’s Gamble,” “Save the Queen,” and “The Cure of the Alchemist” are available. 14 years above, Gamers are authorized to participate. Various private parties, team-building events, and corporate events are organized. Events can be customized as per requirement.
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 12:00 pm to 11:30 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 11:30 pm, and Sunday from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm
- Contact: 860.259.6167
- Nearby Attractions: New Britain Youth Museum and Walnut Hill Park
Address: 320 New Britain Rd, Berlin, CT 06037, United States
10. Codeword Escape – Rocky Hills, Connecticut
Codeword Escape is an immersive escape room in Connecticut. The room is suitable for all skill levels & age groups. Guests form a group to crack clues, solve puzzles, and escape. All gaming experiences offered at Codeword are private. Private rooms with food options are available on a rental basis. Single & double luncheons are also provided.
Three different rooms are available for visitors. Rooms like “Complexity In Farmington,” “Codeword In Rocky Hill,” and “Quandary in Wallingford” are available. Seven different gaming experiences are offered to guests. Charges at Codeword Escape start from $30 (approx). Children above ten years are allowed to play.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 08:00 pm
- Contact: +1860-999-3585
- Nearby Attractions: Elm Ridge Park and Mill Pond Park
Address: 2139 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067, United States
11. REACT Premium Escape Rooms – Windsor Locks, CT
REACT offers a fun and creative escape room in Connecticut. It’s a famous destination for family & date nights. The rooms are perfect for all physical abilities & ages. Visitors get to witness intellectual and exceptional gaming. All escape rooms offer a private gaming experience. Five incredible adventures are available for guests. Gift cards are offered for purchase.
Games like “Raiders II and the Rooms of Doom,” “Jurassic Jungle,” “The Haunted Mansion,” “The Hungover Games,” and “The Strangest Things.” Each game lasts for about 50-60 minutes. The escape room organizes various parties and events. Charges at REACT start from $99 for two people (approx). Taking prior appointments is mandatory.
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday by appointment only.
- Contact: (860) 370-5415
- Nearby Attractions: New England Air Museum and Springfields Museum
Address: 1 Corporate Dr. STE 102, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, United States
12. Mystified – Mystic, Connecticut
Mystified in Connecticut offers a fun & joyful gaming experience to visitors. It offers escape rooms and scavenger hunts. The rooms are designed to provide visitors with unique experiences. Guests solve various puzzles, cross hurdles, and come out in a stipulated time. Three different games are available. All games at Mystified are private. There is a beautiful waiting lounge for resting.
Games such as “Keeper of the Light” and “Mystic’s Ritual” are available. Children above six years are allowed to play. Charges at Mystified start from $29 for youth, seniors, and active military. Private events, parties, corporate gatherings, team-building activities, and theatrical endeavors are organized.
- Hours: Wednesday-Thursday from 02:30 pm to 08:00 pm, Friday from 01:00 pm to 08:00 pm, Saturday from 11:00 am to 08:00 pm, Sunday from 12:00 pm to 05:00 pm and closed on Monday & Tuesday. Fall/Winter times may vary.
- Contact: 1 860-245-5136
- Nearby Attractions: Watch Hill Lighthouse and Mystic River Park
Address: 14 Clara Dr, Mystic, CT 06355, United States
13. Pursue the Clues – Torrington, Connecticut
Pursue the Clues offers a real-life interactive escape room in Connecticut. It was rated as the best thing to do in Torrington. The escape room provides three unique stories. Guests solve crimes, crack codes, and find treasures. Each team gets 60 minutes to win. Pursue only accepts reservations made via website & email. Both off-site and on-site events are organized.
Games like “Mission is a Gogh!”, “Lenny Thompkins sold his soul to Play the Blues” and “The Gold Digger” are available. Corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, etc., are organized. Catering services for various events and parties are available.
- Hours: On appointments
- Contact: +1860-618-5811
- Nearby Attractions: Action Wildlife Foundation and The Carousel Museum
Address: 733 E Main St, Torrington, CT 06790, United States
14. Complexity Rooms: A Puzzling Adventure – Farmington, CT
Complexity Rooms offer visitors a premium gaming experience. It has a kid & family-friendly escape room. The rooms are full of codes, clues, and puzzles. Visitors get an hour to crack them and come out.
Four different games are offered. Games such as “The Blizzard,” “The Mall,” “Hunt for the Dead Sea Souls,” and “The 47th Street Mission” are available. All bookings at Complexity are private.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday from 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm, Friday from 04:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Saturday from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 08:00 pm
- Contact: 860-409-7009
- Nearby Attractions: Batterson Park and Hill-Stead Museum
Address: 2 Eastview Dr, Farmington, CT 06032, United States
15. Lara’s Labyrinth – Wethersfield, Connecticut
Lara’s Labyrinth is a famous escape room in Connecticut. It offers thrilling stories, tricky puzzles, and lots of fun. The escape rooms are perfectly suitable for the next generation. Lara’s is available at two locations- East Haven and Wethersfield. Six different rooms are available.
Games like “Museum Heist,” “Dragonborne,” “The Inquisition,” “Curse of Osiris,” etc are enjoyed. Visitors get an additional 10% off on fifteen days’ of pre-booking.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday from 02:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Friday from 02:00 pm to 10:30 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 10:30 pm and Sunday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Contact: 860-200-8743
- Nearby Attractions: Dinosaur State Park and Lutz Children’s Museum
Address: 840 Silas Deane Hwy, Wethersfield, CT 06109, United States
Find Escape Rooms Near You
An escape room is the best method to test the sleuthing skills. It helps evade reality and dive into the world of adventure & fantasy. Escape rooms in Connecticut attract people wanting to play detective or CIA agents. They are the perfect team-building & family bonding activity. Many places have rotating themes and require prior booking; check the website before arrival.