Gardening is a fantastic way to nourish the home and surroundings. Garden Centers and Nurseries in Connecticut undoubtedly supply this nourishment. The plants, flowers, trees, shrubs, and other items available at these nurseries are diverse. Whether you are a novice or an expert gardener, CT nurseries can meet all your needs.
Starting a home garden has several advantages for physical and mental health. The Connecticut garden centers produce relaxing plants, adding more life to every home. These gardens include various categories, from vegetable plants to plants that purify the air.
List of 16 Best Garden Centers and Nurseries in Connecticut
1. Woodland Gardens – Manchester, Connecticut
Woodland Gardens is a family-owned large-scale plant store that was started in 1939. Throughout this 8-acre property, woodland grows & nurtures dozens of plants and seeds. Woodland Gardens is mainly known for using a plastic greenhouse, which rounds into 15 greenhouses. It’s one of the largest nurseries in Connecticut.
This company grows and sells thousands of annuals, perennials, roses, pansies, herbs, vegetables, shrubs, and trees. They sell gifts, garden-related merchandise, and tropical and floral plants. Workshops & events, and gardening tips on gardening are provided here from the experts in the business.
You can join Woodlands-initiated garden clubs that contribute independent knowledge to the nursery.
- Hours: Winter hours: Sunday- Monday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-643-8474
- Available Varieties: Trees & Shrubs, Indoor Plants, Edible Plants, and Flower Plants.
- Nearby Attractions: Center Springs Park, Charter Oak Park.
Address: 168 Woodland Street, Manchester, CT 06042
2. Terrain Cafe – Westport, Connecticut
Terrain Cafe is a uniquely inspiring destination for gardeners, homeowners, and decorators. This expansive center offers various products, ranging from gardening tools and supplies to home and garden decor. An array of plants, trees, and shrubs suits any landscape.
The store features an on-site cafe bar, allowing visitors to relax and enjoy a meal or drink while enjoying the garden’s beauty. Terrain also provides products like furniture, decor, and tabletop gifts.
You can also buy all the exclusive plants & planters from their website with added discounts. It is an excellent destination for anyone looking to add a touch of greenery to their home or garden.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Friday-Sunday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-226-2732
- Available Varieties: Shrubs, Fruiting Trees, Succulents, Flowering Plants.
- Nearby Attractions: The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Oyster Shell Park.
Address: 561 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880
3. Logee’s Plants for Home & Garden – Killingly, CT
Logee’s Plants for Home & Garden has been an award-winning retail garden center in business since 1892. They offer a wide selection of rare plants, trees, shrubs, gardening supplies, and services like landscape design and tree trimming. Logee’s also hosts educational seminars & workshops to help customers learn more about gardening and landscaping.
This independent garden center hosts seasonal events like its annual Fall Plant Auction and Planting Festival. Along with the offline store, they sell all their products online with constant discounts.
Around Logan’s historic greenhouses are different houses, such as fern & herb houses. Because of their extensive plant selection and dedication to customer service, Logee’s Plants for Home & Garden is a great garden store in town.
- Hours: (Regular Hours) Wednesday-Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Closed on Monday and Tuesday, (Seasonal Hours)- April-May from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 pm, November-February from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Contact: 860-774-8038
- Available Varieties: Indoor plants, Fruiting Plants, Succulents, Tropicals.
- Nearby Attractions: Old Furnace State Park, Owen Bell Park.
Address: 141 North St Danielson, CT, US 06239
4. Holdridge Home & Garden Showplace – Ledyard, CT
Holdridge Home & Garden Showplace has been a family-owned retail garden center since 1912. The store offers various products, from gardening tools and supplies to home and garden decor. It’s one of the best gardening shops in Connecticut.
Greenhouse, Backyard birding, and Lawn care tip services are provided to familiarize customers with plant care. They sell tropical plants to liven up the interior of your house or plants to add to indoor water gardens. Their in-house florist can create floral arrangements and custom potting for every occasion for the balcony.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-464-8400
- Available Varieties: Succulents, Flowering plants, Pot plants.
- Nearby Attractions: Nature’s Art Village, Stoddard Hill State Park Scenic Reserve.
Address: 749 Colonel Ledyard Highway, Ledyard, CT
5. The Garden Barn Nursery and Landscape – Vernon, CT
The Garden Barn Nursery and Landscape is a premier retail garden center that offers premium annuals, perennials, nursery stock, and garden accessories. It has a great dynamic setting and an on-site pond in the 13-acre facility. The Garden Barn has operated here since 1981 and is renowned for excellence.
They have quality, hand-selected, locally-grown plant material. The store offers a wide variety of trees, shrubs, and flowers. Customers can find various garden tools, potting soil, fertilizers, and other related items.
The garden barn also provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance services. Their selection of garden supplies is second to none, making it an ideal destination for gardeners of all skill levels.
- Hours: Monday-Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-872-7291
- Available varieties: Fruit trees, Cherry trees, and House plants.
- Nearby Attractions: Valley Falls Park, Nevers Park.
Address: 228 West Street, Vernon, CT 06066
6. Dietrich Gardens – Cheshire, Connecticut
Dietrich Gardens is a garden shop established in 1978, and the family-run business has been offering quality locally-grown plants. There is an array of trees, shrubs, flowers, other garden items, and tools. Potting soil, fertilizers, and greenhouse services are available here. The members at Dietrich Gardens provide expert advice on plants & gardening.
Landscape design, installation, and maintenance are among the extended services offered here. Dietrich Gardens also gives workshops on gardening topics, including lawn care, landscaping, and flower arranging.
If you want gift facilities, this tree nursery helps you acquire the best-customized gifts in their gift shop. Woodbury is the other location of Dietrich Gardens in Connecticut.
- Hours: Every day, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Call for hours in extreme weather.
- Contact: 203-271-0690
- Available varieties: Herbs, House plants, Pot Plants.
- Nearby Attractions: Hubbard Park, Barker Character Comic, and Cartoon Museum.
Address: 1818 Highland Avenue, Cheshire, CT 06410
7. Van Wilgen’s Garden Center – North Branford, CT
Van Wilgen’s Garden Center is a family-run, pet-friendly business established in 1920. The nursery is best known for amazing flowers, such as ‘ruby red blooms.’ Over the years, landscaping & tree work became a part of this business.
Various annuals and perennials are grown continuously in their historical barn. Apart from retail selling, Van Wilgen’s does wholesale plant sales, which are shipped to other garden stores. Products like Mulch, Stone, and Topsoil are promoted in the online store, which can be accessed through their website.
Private parties and weddings can be done while renting the entire space. Van Wilgen’s Garden Center also has Clinton, Guilford, Milford, and Old Saybrook locations. The formation of groups for children, professionals, and gardeners is also encouraged here.
- Hours: Monday-Sunday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-488-2110
- Available Varieties: Shrubs, Specimen trees, Tropicals & Citrus, Rosses.
- Nearby Attractions: Branford Supply Pond Park, It Adventure Ropes Course.
Address: 51 Valley Road, North Branford, CT, 06471.
8. Burnett’s Country Gardens – Salem, CT
The expansive grounds at Burnett’s Country Gardens have been home to a well-kept collection of native & foreign species since 1970. Various spiky cactus, fragrant rose bushes, tropical houseplants, and perennials are found in the greenhouses.
Burnett’s Country Gardens provides full-service mulching, planting, and design services at your house. Their staff assists in creating custom planters and deck containers.
Within this family-run business, hanging baskets have become more popular among customers. Their additional services include nursery design, gift cards, and soil supplements.
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-949-8722
- Available Varieties: Hanging Plants, Shrubs, Fruiting Plants.
- Nearby Attractions: Nature’s Art Village, Gardner Lake State Park.
Address: 380 New London Rd, Salem, CT 06420
9. Uncle Bob’s Flower & Garden – Middlefield, CT
Uncle Bob’s Flower & Garden is a family-run business that has been providing quality garden supplies since 1990. Uncle Bob’s Garden Center has everything from pots and soil to decorations and statuary. They also provide a wide selection of plants, both indoor & outdoor, as well as a variety of shrubs and herbs in the floral shop.
Apart from the supply of plants, the store offers regular gardening classes, workshops, and seminars to help customers. Local delivery of bulk items is done by this plant and flower nursery, along with the unique garden supplies. Uncle Bob’s gift accessories for gardeners, including decorative wind chimes and bird feeders, are the most hyped.
Their Professional landscaping team thrives on making your project come to life. Additionally, they install walkways, patios, pool surrounds, waterscapes, and retaining walls.
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Thursday-Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-704-8414
- Available Varieties: Flowers, Shrubs, Rosses.
- Nearby Attractions: Kidcity Children’s Museum, Wadsworth Falls State Park.
Address: 191 Meriden Rd Middlefield, CT, US 06455
10. Winterberry Gardens – Southington, Connecticut
Winterberry Gardens is a family-owned garden center initially started by two brothers, Scot & Al Leavitt. This garden center has been providing quality plants and gardening supplies since 1985. They do environmental designs and a wide selection of annuals, perennials, trees, shrubs, and herbs.
They offer a variety of garden decorations and statuary, as well as outdoor furniture and accessories. Winterberry is known for its high-end horticulture, which impeccable in-house members maintain. Commercial maintenance, landscaping, irrigation, lawn care & fertilization are the additional services.
Winterberry extensively provides garden center classes to customers to spread their knowledge of plant care. An online shop is promoted by this center for delivering garden supplies as well as planters. Plant perks are one of the extended programs provided for monthly touch-ups of plants.
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday Closed.
- Contact: 860-378-0071
- Available Varieties: Seasonal Flowers, Cherry Blossoms, Herbs.
- Nearby Attractions: Lake Compounce, Hubbard Park.
Address: 2070 West St., Southington, CT 06489
11. Shakespeare’s Garden – Brookfield, Connecticut
Shakespeare’s garden is the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful stroll and admire the beauty of nature. It was first started in 1988 as a landscape company specializing in fine gardening, which has expanded over the years. The name truly suggests the story of this garden shop, which tells the tale of poetry, nature & creativity.
This shop contains flowers, trees, shrubs, ponds, and pathways. Visitors can explore the garden’s beauty or sit and rest on benches under the shade of the trees. A wooden gazebo is also perfect for a picnic with family and friends.
The property includes a Barn Shop, which has all kinds of plants. Design-build services, Landscaping, and fine gardening are what Shakespeare Garden is known for mostly. Online shopping for gift cards is an additional service provided here that, in turn, provides discounts on your further purchases.
- Hours: (March-December) Monday-Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, (January- February) Thursday-Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Sunday- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-775-2214
- Available Varieties: Flowers, Herb Plants, Perennials.
- Nearby Attractions: Happy Landings Protected Open Space, The Cave ( Formerly Monster Mini Golf ).
Address: 25 Obtuse Rd S Brookfield, CT, US 06804
12. Hollandia Nurseries & Farm – Bethel, CT
Hollandia Nurseries & Farm is a premier garden store started in 1964. The nursery inhabits thousands of plants with top-notch display gardens with impeccable ground services. They specialize in wholesale and retail plants, shrubs, pottery, and flowers.
This plant store provides a variety of services for both home and commercial customers. Full-service landscaping, lawn maintenance, installation, and delivery are among their top services. Hollandia additionally provides garden design & consultation services to help customers create beautiful outdoor areas.
Annual community events and plant shows are the highlights for the store’s customers. Along with gardens, there are greenhouses, gazebos, and furniture to supply the needs of every individual desire.
- Hours: Daily from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-743-0267
- Available Varieties: Annuals, Perennials, Fruiting Plants.
- Nearby Attractions: Collis P. Huntington State Park, Bennett Memorial Park.
Address: 103 Old Hawleyville Rd, Bethel, CT
13. Shelley’s Garden Center – Branford, CT
Shelley’s Garden Center has provided the neighboring communities with the finest hand-selected plants and supplies for over 65 years. They collaborate with nearby nurseries to provide the best possibilities for lawns and gardens. Shelly’s specializes in various plants, trees, shrubs, and flowers for home and commercial use.
The Garden Center offers various plants, from seasonal flowers to trees, at a cheap price. Their expert advice and design services help customers create beautiful outdoor areas. Garden supplies, decor, and arrangement of cut flowers are the other bonus products here. Shelly’s is the master of sweet supplies, too, such as maple syrups & organic honey.
The store hosts Weekly farmer markets in support of local businesses, providing various products under one roof. Whether you’re looking for a few flowers to brighten the home or an entire landscaping project, Shelley’s Garden Center has it covered.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-488-9479
- Available Varieties: Indoor Plants, Edible Plants, and Seasonal Plants.
- Nearby Attractions: The Shore Line Trolley Museum, Branford Point.
Address: 217 Main Street, Branford, Connecticut 06405
14. Amity Gardens – Bethany, Connecticut
Amity Gardens is a family-owned, operated business providing quality plant services. They specialize in outdoor gardens, landscaping, and silk flower arrangements. Amity Gardens has an extensive array of plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees for both indoor & outdoor.
The garden store stocks a variety of garden supplies, such as soil, mulch, and tools. Customers can also find vegetable seeds, grass seeds, bird seeds, statuary, and beautiful garden decoration items. Local deliveries and bulk material of gift items shipping are the other added services they provide.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday- from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-393-1219
- Available Varieties: House plants, Perennials, Shrubs, Trees.
- Nearby Attractions: Brooksvale Park, French Memorial Park.
Address: 720 Amity Rd, Bethany, CT
15. Ali’s Nursery & Landscaping – Southington, CT
Ali Nursery & Landscaping is an independently owned, inexpensive nursery that has been providing excellent services since 1985. They specialize in landscaping, lawn care, and growing varieties of plants. Along with outdoor gardening, Ali Nursery is an expert in aquatic areas and home gardening.
Stone, Mulch, Pavers, fieldstone, etc., are the other exceptional products they provide. Surrounded by a large area, this garden shop guarantees a lovely experience & discovery while strolling inside.
This is the place to be if you want a patio with a fire pit surrounded by attractive, well-maintained plants. Building walls, stairways, and pathways are the best services Ali provides.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 860-621-6506
- Available Varieties: Aquatic Plants, Shrubs, Trees.
- Nearby Attractions: Hubbard Park, Lake Compounce.
Address: 421 Buckland St Plantsville, CT, US 06479
16. The Gardener’s Center & Florist – Darien, Connecticut
The Gardener’s Center Darien, CT, is a second-generation family business founded in 1980. The company is a community pillar providing outstanding, personalized service for plant material. They strongly emphasize building a living, biodynamic soil structure that naturally prevents pests and diseases.
You can find many locally grown, pollinator-friendly native plants that do not require extensive care to thrive in the neighborhood. Moreover, they offer an extensive selection of plants, ranging from perennials and annuals to shrubs, trees, and indoor houseplants. Customers can book floral services to create stunning arrangements for any occasion, whether weddings, birthdays, or anniversaries.
Container design services and online shopping are both supported here. The center annually organizes workshops, seminars, and events for customers.
- Hours: Open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 203-655-2549
- Available Varieties: Vegetables, Herbs, House plants, David Austin roses.
- Nearby Attractions: The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Panic Room – Norwalk.
Address: 1396 Post Road, Darien, CT
Find Garden Centers and Nurseries Near You
Garden centers in Connecticut are a true home for great plants & trees with extra services. Whether you’re looking for a few flowers for your home or an entire landscaping project, a garden center in CT will meet those needs. These are the best places to buy trees in CT. There are many options, from Amity Gardens in Bethany to Ali’s Nursery & Landscaping in Southington.