There are numerous steakhouse in Connecticut that serves the best meat and provide exemplary service. For any meat lovers, steaks are the ultimate love. A big chunk of meat grilled to perfection with a caramelized exterior and succulent inside is ideal. Any good steakhouse ticks off all the boxes for perfect steaks.
All of these Connecticut places serve premium cuts with extraordinary flavors. While some of them use the traditional way of cooking, some use contemporary methods. Many places also have private dining, offering exceptional cuisine for special events.
List of 15 Best Steakhouses in CT
1. Outback Steakhouse – Southington, Connecticut
Outback Steakhouse is an Australian-inspired American chain of restaurants in Connecticut. This place is unique because of the meat quality, bold flavors, big hand-cuts, and Aussie hospitality. Apart from Southington, it is also located in Shelton, Newington, North Haven, and Orange.
This restaurant’s menu focuses on steak, with appetizers, salads, soups, ribs, chicken, surf and turf, chops, etc. Seared hand-cut steaks are served with potatoes and a side of the customers’ choice. A separate Gluten-free menu is available for people with dietary restrictions.
Many amazing desserts and drinks are on the menu for pairing up with the meats. Kid’s menu and catering menu are also present. This restaurant has many offers and value meal options all year long. They have a gift card facility, too.
- Must Try Items: Classic Prime Rib, Sirloin & Aussie Chook Ribs
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 11 am to 10 pm, Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 11 pm, and Sunday from 11 am to 9 pm.
- Contact: 860-276-9585
- Nearby Attractions: Barnes Museum, Boulder Dash
Address: 817 Queen Street, Southington, CT 06489
2. Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood – Glastonbury, CT
J. Gilbert’s is an homage to the legendary restaurateur Joe Gilbert. This iconic restaurant is the embodiment of hospitality and class. The low-lit dining room brings a certain warmth. They are proud to represent authentic Midwestern cuisine.
The menu is a modern adaptation to the farm-to-table concept. USDA Prime Aged Black Angus beef is perfectly cooked in an open wood-fire grill. Most of the ingredients are locally sourced from farmers and artisans.
Besides steaks and chops, appetizers, soups, and desserts come along a side. They also serve the finest cocktails and craft beers to support local purveyors. For hosting any party or special event, private dining is available. A versatile gift card facility is there.
- Must Try Items: Strip Steak, Bone-In Ribeye “Cowboy Cut”
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 4 pm to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday from 4 pm to 10 pm, and Sunday from 4 pm to 8 pm.
- Contact: 860-659-0409
- Nearby Attractions: Historical Society of Glastonbury, Riverfront Park
Address: 185 Glastonbury Blvd, Glastonbury, CT 06033
3. Barbarie’s Black Angus Grill – Danbury, Connecticut
Barbarie’s Black Angus Grill has been an elite steakhouse since 2012, founded by Owner Karen and Tom Barbarie. The earthy tones, sophisticated architecture, outdoor patio, elegant dining room, and private room give this restaurant an upscale environment.
A massive collection of exclusive wine, craft cocktails, and local draft beers are available. There are a few selected specials along with a kids’ menu. Catering service is done at any special event.
This place specializes in dry-aged steaks that are processed in-house. The menu also features sandwiches, appetizers, salads, pasta, seafood, etc. It’s one of the best steak houses in Connecticut.
- Must Try Items: Skirt Steak, BBQ Ribs
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 11 am to 1 am, Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 2 am. Happy Hours are all day on Sunday and Monday from 3 pm to 6 pm from Tuesday to Friday.
- Contact: 203-826-7406
- Nearby Attractions: Danbury Railway Museum, Danbury Museum & Historical Society
Address: 5 Eagle Road, Danbury, CT 06810
4. LongHorn Steakhouse – Waterford, Connecticut
LongHorn has been a pioneer of steaks since 1981. They provide the best quality meat with generous cuts and over 40 years of expertise. This restaurant chain is located in Waterford, New Haven, Southington, Enfield, Shelton, and other places.
The steaks are hand-picked by their sizes and never frozen to maintain quality. Then, it is grilled for an adequate time to achieve the perfect texture. Alongside legendary steaks, the menu has grillmaster combos, entree salads, chicken, seafood, and more. All of the dishes are prepared to keep nutritional benefits in mind.
A separate kids’ menu is present. Plenty of desserts and drinks are there to accompany the meal. Their Gift card facility is beneficial for the customers.
- Must Try Items: Outlaw Ribeye, The LongHorn Porterhouse
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 11 am to 10 pm and Friday to Saturday from 11 am to 11 pm.
- Contact: 860-440-2881
- Nearby Attractions: Lyman Allyn Art Museum, Hempstead House
Address: 850 Hartford Turnpike Unit F, Waterford, CT 06385
5. The Capital Grille – Stamford and Hartford, CT
The Capital Grille is all about quality food and elegance. African mahogany paneling with breathtaking chandeliers gives off a warm, comforting vibe. Apart from Stamford, it is also located in Hartford.
All the items are skillfully prepared with the fresh and finest ingredients. The steaks are dry-aged for 18-24 days and then curved by skillful professionals. Varieties of appetizers, soups, entrees, and seafood are also featured. It’s one of the top steak restaurants in Connecticut.
They home-deliver steaks in a special grille box with their signature sauce. There is an abundance of cocktails, refreshments, and desserts. More than 350 types of wines from both renowned and small ventures are there to pair with the fantastic food. Private dining and gift card facilities are available.
- Must Try Items: Dry Aged NY Strip au Poivre with Courvoisier Cream, Double Cut Lamb Rib Chops
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 11.30 am to 9 pm, Friday from 11.30 am to 10 pm, Saturday from 4 pm to 10 pm, and Sunday from 4 pm to 9 pm.
- Contact: 203-967-0000
- Nearby Attractions: Mill River Park, Cove Island
Address: 230 Tresser Blvd, Stamford, CT, 06901
6. Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Newington, Connecticut
Ruth’s Chris Steak House started in 1965 by founder Ruth Fertel. It is known for its hospitality and premium quality steaks. This diner is in Newington, Stamford, New Haven, Norwalk, Waterbury, and Hartford.
A strict dress code is followed to match their welcoming vibe. Appropriate dressings without obscene graphics and language, cut-off shorts, and tank tops are not encouraged. In the main dining room, formal hats, and in the patio and bar, jerseys and ball caps are welcome.
There is a strong emphasis on steaks on the menu at this restaurant. This culinary institution uses USDA Prime beef broiled, seasoned, and seared on 500-degree plates. Seafood and other specialties are present on their menu.
A ‘prix fixe’ menu with an entree, starter, personal sides, and desserts is present. Seasonal cocktails that are handcrafted and a vast collection of exclusive wines include a refreshing touch after a meal. Satellite conferencing, private events, and gift cards round out the services.
- Must Try Items: Cowboy Ribeye, Filet
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 4.30 am to 9 pm, Saturday from 4 pm to 9 pm, and Sunday from 3 pm to 8 pm. Happy hours are Monday through Friday from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm and Sunday from 3 pm to 8 pm.
- Contact: 860-666-2202
- Nearby Attractions: Mill Pond Park, Dinosaur State Park
Address: 2513 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111
7. American Steakhouse – Norwalk, Connecticut
American Steakhouse has been a well-known, family-loved restaurant since 1978. It is located in three locations, i.e., Norwalk, Meriden, and Bridgeport. The comfortable casual atmosphere and the delectable food make this experience delightful. All age groups, even kids, love their calm and relaxed environment.
Steaks and Ribs of premium quality are their specialties. They have burgers, seafood, and burgers, along with their infamous salad bar. Catering service is done at affordable pricing for any special events. Gift cards from $10- $150 are available.
- Must Try Items: Sirloin Fillet, Baby Back Ribs
- Hours: Sunday to Saturday from 11.30 am to 9 pm
- Contact: 203-853-8869
- Nearby Attractions: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
Address: 595 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk, CT 06854
8. Prime One Eleven – Trumbull, CT
Prime One Eleven is a famous American restaurant in Trumbull. The elegant, sophisticated ambiance and quality food provide a one-of-a-kind experience. A well-lit fireplace adds a warm touch to the chic rustic vibe.
Steaks are their primary focus, but they also serve pizza and seafood. Dry aged steaks are seared till caramelization and then broiled to cook perfectly in a 1700-degree broiler. Wuthrich compound butter is used for searing and then served alongside Kurt’s steak sauce. The menu includes soups, sandwiches, appetizers, and chef’s unique dishes.
An exclusive wine collection is there to go well with their food. The fully stocked bar has the best bourbons, craft beers, cocktails, and scotches. A Few bar bites are there to accompany the drinks. Their Prix Fixe Menu comes with one entre, primer, and dessert. Gift cards are available.
- Must Try Items: Australian Wagyu Filet Mignon, Delmonico
- Hours: The kitchen is open Monday through Saturday from 11.30 am to 10 pm and Sunday from 11 am to 10 pm. Sunday brunch is from 11.30 am to 3 pm. The bar is open Sunday through Thursday from 11.30 am to 1 am and Friday to Saturday from 11.30 am to 2 am.
- Contact: 203-220-6615
- Nearby Attractions: Old Mine Park, Indian Ledge Park
Address: 51 Monroe Turnpike, Trumbull, CT 06611
9. Cast Iron Chef Chop House & Oyster Bar – New Haven, CT
Cast Iron Chef Chop House & Oyster Bar is awarded the best restaurant in Connecticut. Chef Attilio uses traditional cast-iron cooking and the freshest ingredients to create masterpieces. The diner has a friendly and warm atmosphere that is enough to make the customers comfortable.
All the steaks and meats are seared in a cast iron pan and completed when it’s crusty on the outside and tender inside. Then, it is served on a sizzling skillet to capture its essence. High-quality Prime Angus Beef is used for all the steak items. The menu includes soups, salads, raw bars, entrees, burgers, and sandwiches. The gift certificates start from $50 to $400.
- Must Try Items: Cast Iron Chateaubriand, Cast Iron “Prime” Porterhouse for Two
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 11.30 am to 11 pm and Sunday from 11.30 am to 9 pm. Happy hour is Monday to Thursday from 3 pm to 8 pm and Friday from 3 pm to 7 pm.
- Contact: 203-745-4669
- Nearby Attractions: New Haven Museum, It Adventure Ropes Course
Address: 660 State Street, New Haven, CT 06511
10. Taino Smokehouse Prime – Meriden, Connecticut
Taino Prime is an Ode to the Taino Tribe, the pioneer of barbecues. They are located in Middletown and Meriden. As well as representing their culture, the ambiance also represents their contribution to humanity.
Dry-aged smoked steaks and craft cocktails are two of their specialties. They have custom-built wood fire grills, pits, and Ole Hickories for smoking the meat. The menu features wood-fired burgers, sandwiches, and many more things. Catering service is provided for any special occasions and weddings with special packages.
- Must Try Items: Brisket, Baby Back Ribs
- Hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 11.30 am to 9 pm
- Contact: 203-440-1600
- Nearby Attractions: Lamentation Mountain State Park, Black Pond State Wildlife Area
Address: 1388 E Main St, Meriden, CT 06450
11. Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar – West Hartford, CT
Fleming’s is a popular chain of restaurants with 65 branches in the USA. Founders Paul Fleming and Bill Allen started this venture with the vision of making a change. The elegant modern setting has a welcoming aura that makes it family-friendly.
Family-farm-raised USDA Prime beef of higher quality is used for steaks. In addition to steaks, salads, soups, desserts, and coffee, children’s 3-course meal is on the menu. Napa Valley, France, and Italy winemakers craft the lively foyer and exclusive wine. There are numerous dining menus, wedding packages, and gift cards for special occasions.
- Must Try Items: Petite Filet Mignon, USDA Prime Tomahawk
- Hours: Sunday from 4 pm to 9 pm, Monday from 4 pm to 10 pm, and Tuesday to Saturday from 11 am to 10 pm.
- Contact: 860-676-9463
- Nearby Attractions: Westmoor Park, The Mark Twain House & Museum
Address: 44 South Main Street, West Hartford, CT 06107
12. Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse – Uncasville, Connecticut
Regarding top steakhouses, Micheal Jordan’s comes at the top. The elegant atmosphere, courteous service, attention to detail, and eclectic food sums up the experience. Bold flavors and seasonal ingredients are used to prepare all the dishes. Famous Athlete Michael Jordan started this diner in 1998.
USDA Prime beef dry aged for 45 days and then cooked to perfection or as per customers’ preferences. They have a 6-course tasting menu paired with a drink for a better experience. Their signature raw bar, seasonally crafted cocktails, sides, and salads adorn the menu. The exotic private dining facility elevates any occasion to the next level of MJ’s Legacy.
- Must Try Items: American Wagyu Strip, Bone-In Ribeye
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 5 pm to 10 pm, Friday from 5 pm to 11 pm, Saturday from 4 pm to 11 pm, and Sunday from 4 pm to 9 pm.
- Contact: 860-862-8600
- Nearby Attractions: Howard T. Brown Memorial Park, Well’s Dinosaur Haven
Address: 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd, Uncasville, CT 06382
13. Max Downtown – Hartford, CT
Max Downtown is a flagship steakhouse and whiskey bar serving over 20 years. The contemporary setting, warm hospitality, and delicious food create a relaxing vibe. A separate dessert station, a fully stocked whiskey bar, and a wine mezzanine lighten the mood.
This iconic chophouse has received awards like Best Power Lunch Spot by Hartford Magazine, Best for Overall Excellence by Connecticut Magazine, etc. Proper attire is requested in the dining room. Casual dress can be worn in the tavern area.
Steaks and Chops are the signatures of the menu, including New York strips to exclusive Wagyu steak. They also have creative dishes, salads, starters, fish dishes, etc. The two private dinings with a blend of sophistication and comfort are ideal for special events.
- Must Try Items: Snake River Farm Wagyu Picanha Steak, Barrel Cut Filet
- Hours: Lunch is from Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 2.30 pm. Dinner is Monday to Thursday from 5 pm to 9 pm, Friday from 5 pm to 10 pm, and Saturday from 4 pm to 10 pm. Happy hour is Monday to Friday from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Contact: 860-522-2530
- Nearby Attractions: Bushnell Park Carousel, Connecticut’s Old State House
Address: City Place, 185 Asylum St., Hartford, CT 06103
14. Chuck’s Steak House – Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Chuck’s been a family-owned and operated diner in Rocky Hill since 1970. They provide eclectic food at moderate pricing without compromising the quality. The relaxed atmosphere and courteous service make it more inviting.
This CT steakhouse uses USDA Prime Black Angus Beef that is hand-carved and aged. Each steak has perfect lean meat and fat marbling, indicating superior quality. An array of fresh seafood and appetizers with salads accompanied by desserts and drinks.
The spacious private rooms with a special menu are suitable for big parties and events. A special offer is there for customers during their birthday month. Gift certificates can be used in any of their three restaurants.
- Must Try Items: Prime Rib, Chuck’s Bistro Steak
- Hours: Tuesday to Thursday from 4 pm to 9.30 pm, Friday to Saturday from 4 pm to 10 pm, and Sunday from 3 pm to 9 pm.
- Contact: 860-529-0222
- Nearby Attractions: Quarry Park, Elm Ridge Park
Address: 2199 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
15. MIX Prime Steakhouse, Fish & Sushi Bar – Woodbury, CT
MIX Prime is a renowned steakhouse and sushi bar. The luxurious dining room has an upscale vibe, while the bar gives a casual aura. Along with Woodbury, it is also located in Danbury.
The menu has a wide variety with a special mention of 40 days dry aged prime hand-selected beef. Daily-bought fresh seafood dishes, sushi, and sashimi are other focuses. They have starters, chef’s specials, burgers, and many more items with crafted cocktails for refreshment. This place is available for parties, corporate meetings, weddings, etc.
- Must Try Items: Roasted Prime Rib 20 oz King Cut, Veal Porterhouse
- Hours: The kitchen hours are from Monday to Friday from 11.30 am to 9.30 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 11.30 am to 10.30 pm. The bar is open Monday through Friday from 11.30 am to 1 am and Saturday to Sunday from 11.30 am to 2 am.
- Contact: 203-586-1788
- Nearby Attractions: Orenaug Park, Glebe House Museum & Garden
Address: 757 Main St S, Woodbury, CT 06798
Find Steakhouses Near You
These are the top-rated steakhouses in Connecticut. Each one of them serves tasty steaks with a twist of their own. They are doubling their game daily to give customers a fantastic experience. Visit one of these to have the juiciest chunk of grilled meat and satisfy the tastebuds.