Vermont is a state of wooden craftsmanship and art. Many furniture stores in Vermont have a vast stock of different pieces. Whether you’re from Burlington, Bennington, Colchester, Rutland, Montpelier, Saint Albans, or any other city and town in Vermont – you will find the perfect furniture for your space.
Whether it’s a sofa, a classic-style cabinet, a colonial-style bed, or a dining table set, the best customers can find anything in these stores. Some of these stores allow them to consult with carpenters and designers to create their ideal pieces of furniture. Some stores use 3D designing tools to create modern, contemporary pieces. Used furniture stores are also popular among local communities.
Most of these furniture stores stock handcrafted pieces. These furniture stores are one of a kind and offer the best deals and low prices. Gifts and home-improvement items are also available in those.
List of 15 Top Furniture Stores In VT
1. Old Brick Furniture + Mattress Co. – Bennington, VT
Old Brick Furniture + Mattress Co. started as a warehouse in Schenectady, NY. The aim is to provide furniture at a wholesale price to everyone. With time, the brand opened several outlets around America. Four of these outlets are in Vermont. They are Rutland, Queensbury, Manchester, and Bennington.
This shop marges its workshops with its luxurious showrooms and allows it to work better with designs as per customers’ requests. The low price of high-quality branded mattresses and furniture helped it build immense popularity.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: 802-447-3212
- Nearby Attractions: Bennington Battle Monument, The Dollhouse, and Toy Museum of Vermont.
Address: 1371 Harwood Hill Road, Bennington, VT 05201
2. Wendell’s Furniture – Colchester, VT
Wendell’s Furniture is considered one of Colchester’s most famous furniture stores. The shop has a 40,000 square foot showroom in the city. It’s filled with different pieces of furniture suited for any decor.
This 20-year-old shop offers a warm welcome and friendly assistance to every customer. People can check out the different furniture designs here. You can find furniture sections based on room selection and style selection, like furniture for bedrooms, dining rooms, and other rooms, furniture of modern style, and classic designs.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 802-861-7700,
- Nearby Attractions: Battery Park, Waterfront Park.
Address: 697 Hercules Drive, Colchester, VT 05446
3. Big Lots, Rutland – Vermont
Big Lots is a popular retail marketplace in Rutland. With nearly 1400 outlets nationwide, this marketplace is one of the top furniture stores in Vermont. The shop operates through bid discount retailing. Besides furniture, it has a massive stock of groceries, toys, electronics, mattresses, and many other products.
This retail shop stocks different pieces of furniture at wholesale rates from different brands. This way, it can sell them at a discounted price to customers. With a vast stock of sofas, dining sets, couches, and other pieces of furniture, this store is one of the best places for furniture shopping in Vermont.
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 11:00 a.m.- 07:00 p.m.
- Contact: 802-775-0912
- Nearby Attractions: Wonderfeet Kid’s Museum, West Rutland
Address: 303 Us Route 4 E, Rutland, Vermont 05701
4. Burlington Furniture – Burlington
Burlington Furniture is the ultimate destination for home decoration, furniture, and lighting in Vermont. It was voted the “Best Furniture Store” for 10 years till 2019. This company’s 30,000 square feet specially curated showroom has the best location in Pine St.
Burlington Furniture store offers various furniture designs, from classic retro styles to modern contemporary designs. Customers love the unique collection of home lighting solutions besides the beautiful pieces of furniture suited for every room.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:30 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m.
- Contact: 802-862-5056
- Nearby Attractions: Battery Park, Waterfront Park.
Address: 747 Pine St., Burlington, VT 05401
5. Homeport – Burlington, Vermont
Homeport is situated at the pedestrian-only Church Street in Burlington. It’s the one-stop solution for home renovation and interior decoration. Homeport is best known as a global store to support local businesses.
The four-story showroom of this furniture store is packed with unique items handpicked by store managers from different parts of the world. The shop owners travel throughout the country and the world to showcase their collections and collect various items from locals.
Most items and pieces of furniture available here are unique and can be bought via the website of Homeport. Besides shopping, customers can check out the unique features which are unlimited. Such as knife sharpening by appointment, Special order taking facility for furniture, Upholstery, and Wicker, Different gifts with every purchase, the Efficiency Vermont Program, and many more.
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m.
- Contact: 802-863-4644
- Nearby Attractions: Fleming Museum Of Art, Red Rocks Park.
Address: 52 Church Street, Burlington, VT 05401
6. Total Home Center – St. Albans City, VT
Total Home Center started its journey as an electronic appliance shop in 1946. With time, the owners expanded their business from electronics to furniture and bedding mattresses. This furniture store in St. Albans City is famous for low- cost affordable store for home decorations. This shop has been supporting local communities for decades.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 09:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Saturday: 09:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: 802-524-2159, (Vermont only) 800-545-8483
- Nearby Attractions: Knight Point State Park, Alburgh State Park.
Address: 700 Highgate Rd., St. Albans, VT 05478
7. Big Barn Furniture – Vergennes, Vermont
Visiting Big Barn Furniture is a unique experience for every customer. This furniture store in Vergennes is housed inside the 1932 historic cow barn. The store is perfect for shopping for furniture in any room.
Big Barn Furniture has a vast collection of Amish furniture, loveseats, sofas, sectionals, recliners, dining room sets, and mattresses. The gift section of this store is super exciting for everyone. The best part is that the staff members are helpful and guide you to select a piece per your requirements.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Sunday: closed.
- Contact: 802-877-2839
- Nearby Attractions: Rokeby Museum, Kingsland Bay State Park.
Address: 16 New Haven Rd., Vergennes, VT 05491
8. LISTEN Thrift & Furniture Store – White River Junction, VT
Lebanon In Service To Each Neighbor or LISTEN started its journey in the winter of 1972. The aim was to incorporate the low-income families of Lebanon and the surroundings and help them uplift their ability to meet their financial needs. It includes local cultural and socio-environmental necessities, too.
In the following decades, many non-profit organizations have evolved from LISTEN in Vermont and surrounding states. People can donate their used items in Vermont’s used goods and furniture store. The list includes clothes, household items, utensils, and even old jewelry.
LISTEN Thrift & Furniture Store has recently included a low-cost grocery store. This store has been helping the local communities by planting community gardens. This way, it has helped lower the grocery cost of 75 local families.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: (802) 295-9217
- Nearby Attractions: Main Street Museum, Quechee State Park.
Address: 42 Maple St., White River Junction, VT 05001
9. Vermont Woods Studio – Vernon, VT
Vermont Wood Studio started its journey 18 years ago with a big mission. They aim to provide an eco-friendly solution for the timber requirement of the world. This company has been using solid hardwood to design the pieces of furniture. All of the pieces of Vermont Wood Studio are sustainable.
Besides this, the owners have been planting thousands of plants in the Amazon and other rainforests to stabilize the animals and natural habitats. Vermont Woods Studio also employs local carpenters and furniture designers.
The shop believes in showcasing the craftsmanship of local communities. The showroom is located in a 200-year-old farmhouse in SE Vermont.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:00 a.m.-05:00 p.m., Sunday: Closed
- Contact: 802-579-1302
- Nearby Attractions: Creamery Covered Bridge, Retreat Tower.
Address: 538 Huckle Hill Rd, Vernon, VT 05354
10. Ashley – Williston, Vermont
Ashley Williston is the largest Tempurpedicretailer in Vermont. The store is perfect for shopping for furniture and mattresses. The vast collection of sofas, dining room sets, beds, storage units, lighting, and other items make this place a top retail and furniture store in Williston.
Ashley is also a great store for buying baby items like baby cots and strollers, rugs and carpets, and other home decor items.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m.
- Contact: 802-878-0710
- Nearby Attractions: GET Air Trampoline Park, Catamount Outdoor Family Center
Address: 581 Blair Park Rd, Williston, VT 05495
11. Stowe Living – Vergennes, VT
Stowe Living is the best home improvement and interior decor destination in Vergennes. Kate Carpenter and her husband Brian purchased Stowe Livining Kitchen in historic Mountain Road in June 2009. They turned this restaurant into a lifestyle store with ethnic furniture and home decor items.
The store has many beautiful beds, sofas, couches, loveseats, dining tables, and chairs. It also has a great collection of copper cookware, rugs, carpets, linens, and mattresses.
- Hours: Monday – Sunday: 09:30 a.m. – 05:30 p.m.
- Contact: 802-253-8050
- Nearby Attractions: Moss Glen Falls, Sterling Gorge Falls
Address: 1813 Mountain Rd., Stowe, Vermont 05672
12. Woodware – Middlebury, Vermont
Woodware is a family-owned furniture store in Middlebury. This furniture store in Vermont is famous for its contemporary furniture designs. The best part is the shop emphasizes the craftsmanship of local communities.
It offers delivery and free fitting services on every purchase. The showroom is loaded with sofas, beds, and different beautiful pieces of furniture.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:00 a.m.- 05:00 p.m., Sunday: Closed.
- Contact: 802-388-6297
- Nearby Attractions: Middlebury Falls, Middlebury College Museum of Arts.
Address: 1080 Route 7 S., Middlebury, VT 05753
13. Pownal View Barn – Pownal, VT
Powel View Barn is a six-decade-old family-owned furniture business in Vermont. It’s a great store to buy furniture pieces suitable for every American household. This showroom has old-fashioned decor, which is true of its roots.
The souvenir section of the shop is filled with handpicked items like beautiful rugs, lamps, clocks, vases, and other home decor items. There is a section for cheese and special Vermont syrups within the showroom. Customers can enjoy a good snack and select a perfect piece of furniture here.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday: 09:00 a.m.- 05:30 p.m., Sunday: 09:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m.
- Contact: 802-823-7345
- Nearby Attractions: Mountain Meadow Preserve, Sheep Hill.
Address: 3827 Route 7, Pownal, VT 05261
14. The Curiosity Shop – Rutland, Vermont
The Curiosity Shop is an antique store in Rutland. It’s also one of Vermont’s best used and second-hand furniture stores. People can donate old pieces of furniture besides paintings, home decor, and beautiful antique jewelry pieces.
The owners refresh the vintage furniture pieces and sell them cheaply to the locals. Customers can check out this store to grab these items. This thrift store aims to help local low-income families improve their lifestyles.
- Hours: Tuesday- Friday: 10:30 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: 10:00 a.m.- 04:00 p.m., Monday: closed
- Contact: 802-417-4500
- Nearby Attractions: Pine Hill Park, West Rutland Art Park
Address: 20 Merchants Row, Rutland, VT 05701
15. Ethan Allen – Shelburne, Vermont
Ethan Allen is one of the top furniture stores in America. With a history of nearly 90 years, this brand is significantly incorporated with classic and American Culture. From its only showroom in Shelburne, the brand serves every customer in Vermont.
Costumes are allowed to consult their designs with the craftsman of Ethan Allen. This way, the brand can create customized and contemporary furniture pieces. The brand is also committed to designing eco-friendly pieces of furniture. Modern Laser-guided tools and 3D imprinting software are used to make furniture here.
- Hours: Monday & Wednesday- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.- 06:00 p.m., Sunday: 12:00 p.m.- 05:00 p.m., Tuesday: closed.
- Contact: 802.985.8028
- Nearby Attractions: Shelburne Museum Covered Bridge, Red Rocks Park.
Address: 2735 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482, United States
Find Furniture Stores Near You
There are many good furniture stores in Vermont to choose from. Whether it’s antique-style or modern, indoor or outdoor, there is something for everyone here. Vermont has everything from high-end materials and skilled craftsmanship to inexpensive yet beautiful buying experiences.
With many styles and options, shopping for furniture in Vermont can be a satisfying experience, resulting in a great new piece of furniture that will fit perfectly in anyone’s home. Additionally, by looking into used items and new pieces, you can save money while finding precisely what you want.