New Hampshire’s White Mountain is renowned for its breathtaking natural beauty and outdoor activity opportunities. Apart from the scenic beauty, restaurants in the White Mountains give a booming food experience that serves everything from traditional New England seafood dishes to cutting-edge farm-to-table fare.
Whether it is a romantic dinner for two, a family-friendly spot for lunch, or a cozy breakfast spot, these restaurants have got it covered. Many of the restaurants in the White Mountains highlight the best dishes, ambiance, and overall experience that make these eateries stand out from the rest.
List of 17 Best Restaurants in the White Mountains, New Hampshire
1. May Kelly’s Cottage – North Conway, New Hampshire
May Kelly’s Cottage is a restaurant that focuses on families and features charming Irish country food. Marie and Patsy McArdle own this place and are both from Ireland. By coming here, visitors will experience the ambiance of the past.
There is an outdoor patio with breathtaking views of the Saco River and White Horse Ledge. May Kelly features dine-in seating that will make you gaze at the walls more than anything else. This place was first established as a traditional Irish pub in 2004. Later, they expanded it to an eatery.
The menu here consists of the taste of original Irish food, with a fantastic pairing of wines & spirits. Inside is a showcase of all the old antiques and signs the couple has accumulated over the years. It has been used to decorate the walls, ceilings, and every square inch of this place.
- Must-try Items: May’s Potato Cakes, Gaelic Pizza, Traditional Stuffed Clams.
- Hours: Monday- Wednesday: Closed, Thursday: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Friday- Saturday: 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Address: 3002 White Mountain Hwy, North Conway, NH 03860.
2. Peach’s Restaurant – North Conway, New Hampshire
Peach’s Restaurant is a family-run eatery committed to offering high-quality cuisine. For the past seven years, Peach’s has been serving impeccable dishes that fill the soul. This restaurant makes its customers feel like they are eating meals with their families.
The interior has a charming and cozy setting and some outstanding food. Peach’s menu mainly focuses on combining unique, different dishes and spices. They are best known for their breakfast service, which includes light servings in an affordable range. There are also gluten-free products besides delicious breakfast combos and delicious luncheon specials.
- Must-try Items: Guinness Bratwurst, Quesadilla, California Panini.
- Hours: Open five days a week from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, Closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Address: 2506 White Mountain Hwy, North Conway, NH 03860.
3. Banners Restaurant – Conway, NH
Banners Restaurant began in 1987; since then, it has been a local and tourist favorite. Along with a fantastic menu that offers comfort food with flair, Banners Restaurant’s success is well-established. They are mainly known for their breakfast services. It’s one of the best restaurants in White Mountains, NH.
This great restaurant is in a charming building once a train station. Their menu features a wide variety of dishes to suit every taste palette. The portions are generous, and the prices are reasonable, making it an excellent value for money.
Banners also promote seasonal changes in the menu to make different meals to suit every customer’s needs. Apart from all these delicacies, this restaurant greatly emphasizes home-cooked lunch and kid’s foods.
- Must-try Items: Pastrami Rachel, Banners Famous Mac & Cheese, Texas Style French Toast.
- Hours: Open daily from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Closed on Thursdays.
Address: 621 White Mountain Hwy, Conway, NH 03818.
4. Munroe’s Family Restaurant – Twin Mountain, NH
Munroe’s Family Restaurant is a beloved establishment located in New Hampshire. Known for its hearty portions and friendly service, this family-owned restaurant has been serving delicious meals for years. One of the standout features of Munroe’s is its commitment to using fresh, locally sourced ingredients whenever possible.
The atmosphere at Munroe’s is cozy and inviting, with rustic decor and a warm fireplace. The menu here is filled with classic American fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and homemade items. Their breakfast menu is popular, featuring fluffy pancakes and eggs benedict. It changes seasonally, with new dishes incorporating the best of what the region has to offer.
- Must-try Items: Veggie sausage, Waffle with strawberries and Vermont blueberries, Quinoa patty burger.
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm; Friday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm; Sunday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Address: 633 Rt 3 South Twin Mountain, NH, US 03595.
5. Chang Thai Café – Littleton, NH
Chang Thai Cafe was established in 2008 by Emshika Alberini in memory of her late sister. This place truly combines traditional dishes with a modern twist. The restaurant offers authentic Thai cuisine in a cozy and welcoming atmosphere.
The restaurant’s interior is adorned with beautiful Thai artwork and décor, creating a warm and inviting ambiance. Here, the menu boasts a wide variety of dishes, including traditional favorites like Pad Thai and vegetarian and gluten-free options. Along with the delicious food, Chang Thai Café offers a selection of refreshing cocktails and beers to complement your meal.
They promote online ordering with fast delivery and additional discounts through their website. Reservation is highly recommended because of the immense turn-up of this place.
- Must-try Items: Spring rolls, Duck pad thai, coconut shrimp.
- Hours: (Morning): Tuesday- Sunday from 11:30 am to 2:45 pm, (Afternoon): Tuesday- Sunday from 4:00 pm to 8:45 pm.
Address: 77 Main Street, Littleton, NH, US 03561.
6. Delaney’s Hole In the Wall – North Conway, NH
Delaney’s Hole in the Wall is a relaxed, welcoming pub with a cozy ski lodge theme from 1994. It is furnished with old photographs of the nearby ski areas and with real working fireplaces. The food here is created from locally-grown organic ingredients.
The restaurant’s unique name, “Delaney’s Hole In the Wall,” is inspired by its location. The bar area features a beautiful wooden bar with beers, cocktails, and wines. Delaney’s is often known for its diverse menu that caters to various tastes and dietary preferences.
Everything is delicious, from juicy burgers and tender steaks to fresh seafood and vegetarian options. The option of collecting gift cards and purchasing their branded apparel is an added benefit.
- Must-try Items: Baby back ribs, surf ‘n’ turf burgers, 12oz New York sirloin.
- Hours: Wednesday- Sunday: 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Address: 2966 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, New Hampshire 03860
7. Black Mountain Burger Company – Lincoln, NH
Black Mountain Burger Company has gained a reputation for its delicious food and impeccable service. A relaxed atmosphere is created by the cabin-style timber furnishings, high bar seating, and sports memorabilia decorations. Black Mountain Burger Company undoubtedly makes the best burgers.
They pride themselves on serving handcrafted burgers from locally sourced, high-quality ingredients. The menu features a variety of creative burger options, with names inspired by the surrounding mountains. Black Mountain has a full bar with various craft beers, brews, and wines. Dine-in and take-out are both welcome; a reservation is recommended, too.
- Must-try Items: Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Bacon Corn Chowder, Thai Chili Burger, Smitty Burger.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 11:30 am to 8:30 pm; Wednesday is closed.
Address: 264 Main Street, Lincoln, New Hampshire 03251, United States
8. Moat Mountain Brewing Company – North Conway, NH
Moat Mountain Brewing Company is a renowned brewery & restaurant that has become a perfect destination for foodies. Nestled in the heart of the scenic White Mountains, they offer a unique blend of handcrafted brews, delicious food, and breathtaking views. It is housed in a charming rustic building that exudes a cozy ambiance.
The interior features warm wood accents, a spacious bar area, and large windows offering panoramic mountain views. There are appetizers from many cultures, barbecues, burgers, sandwiches, and dinners from Texas and the Carolinas. The brewery offers seasonal brews, limited releases, and a rotating tap list, providing a diverse and ever-changing selection.
- Must-try Items: In-House Beer, Smoked or Grilled Chicken, Pulled Pork, Wings, Steak, etc.
- Hours: Sunday- Tuesday: 11:30 am to 8:00 pm, Friday- Saturday: 11:30 am to 9:30 pm.
Address: 3378 White Mountain Highway Route 16 North Conway, NH 03860
9. Polly’s Pancake Parlor – Sugar Hill, NH
Polly’s Pancake Parlour has provided delicious home-cooked meals for the past 80 years. It is a renowned family-owned restaurant known for its warm hospitality, cozy ambiance, and mouth-watering pancakes. The rustic interior is adorned with vintage decor and warm lighting, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
Their menu centers around the famous pancakes made from scratch using locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant offers various pancake flavors and toppings, from traditional buttermilk to gingerbread and pumpkin. Along with its pancakes, they provides other breakfast items, such as omelets, eggs benedict, and waffles.
This romantic restaurant extensively does wedding favors and provides a gift shop option to buy maple syrup and pancake mix. The shop also presents apparel, kitchenware, and jewelry.
- Must-try Items: Oatmeal pancake, Maple steamer, Coconut Cornmeal Pancake.
- Hours: Monday, Thursday- Sunday: 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Address: 672 Route 117 (Sugar Hill Rd.) Sugar Hill, NH 03586
10. Red Fox Bar and Grille – Jackson, NH
Nestled in the scenic town of Jackson, Red Fox Bar and Grille has been a family-owned dining destination since 1990. It has been serving up delicious food for many years. The restaurant features impeccable decor with stone fireplaces and cozy seating.
The menu here offers a wide range of options to satisfy all palates. There is a wide variety, from hearty steaks and fresh seafood to comfort food favorites and creative appetizers. This place presents seasonal specials that highlight the flavors of the New England region.
Additionally, they have a kids and drinks menu reflecting the diversity of the offerings provided here. Red Fox also offers the option of hosting private events. There are many event rooms to choose from according to different needs.
- Must-try Items: Maple Bacon & Sausage, BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger, New England Pot Roast.
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Saturday- Sunday: 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Address: 49 Route 16, Jackson, NH 03846
11. The Common Man Lincoln – Lincoln, NH
The Common Man Lincoln is a chain- restaurant in the heart of the White Mountains. This historic inn offers a warm atmosphere, making it a beloved destination for travelers seeking a serene retreat. Their dining room, Bar’ n Grill, features a fieldstone fireplace, plush couches, and parlor games.
The Common Man restaurant opened in 1985, and the Lincoln facility has become a popular pit stop. They serve American fare and delicious dinners here, including Nantucket Pie and renowned crab cakes.
They welcome people to host private events and parties in different rooms. There are five more outlets of The Common Man in New Hampshire, others in Ashland, Concord, Claremont, Merrimack, and Windham.
- Must-try Items: pork belly bites, almost escargot, tuna poke stack.
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm and Friday- Saturday from 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
Address: 10 Pollard Road, Lincoln, NH 0325
12. The Sunrise Shack – Glen, New Hampshire
The Sunrise Shack is a hidden gem nestled in the scenic White Mountains. This cozy and rustic cabin-style café offers a unique dining experience. It was founded in 2012 and provided inventive fresh, local, high-quality, innovative street food.
The café’s exterior is adorned with charming wooden accents, giving it a wild charm that blends seamlessly with its natural surroundings. Inside, the Sunrise Shack exudes warmth and coziness.
The interior is adorned with local artwork, vintage furnishings, and warm lighting. They are known for their breakfast & lunch offerings. The café also serves a range of specialty coffee drinks made with locally roasted beans.
- Must-try Items: steak ciabatta sandwiches, BTB burger, BBQ chicken, grilled cheese.
- Hours: Open every day from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Address: 644 White Mountain Highway, PO Box 997, Glen, NH 03838
13. White Mountain Cider Company Restaurant & Gourmet Market – Bartlett, NH
White Mountain Cider Company is an elegant American restaurant with a relaxed bar and on-site deli. Executive Chef Miles Williams is the owner of this place. It is an award-winning restaurant, and the gourmet market offers breakfast, lunch, and a cider mill.
The menu is carefully curated, including items in season and grown nearby. In addition to its extensive wine list, the cozy, rustic dining room offers fine dining. The bar menu has lighter dishes and a special, distinctive cocktail program.
Cider Co. Market here provides specialty foods, gourmet foods, sandwiches, meals-to-go, cooking classes, cider donuts, and unusual gifts. Every autumn, they welcome visitors to observe the pressing process and enjoy fresh cider. White Mountain Cider also provides catering services upon need.
- Must-try Items: Truffle Fries, Moroccan Artichoke Fritters, Rosemary Potato Rolls.
- Hours: Wednesday- Sunday: 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Monday- Tuesday closed.
Address: 207 US-302, Bartlett, NH 03838, United States
14. Gypsy Café – Lincoln, New Hampshire
Nestled in the heart of the picturesque town, Gypsy Café is a vibrant and eclectic eatery. Known for its unique atmosphere and creative cuisine, they offer a dining experience that is as memorable as delicious. The ambiance of the place is a feast for the senses.
The restaurant’s interior is adorned with colorful and eclectic decorations, including tapestries, artwork, and unique furnishings. It is co-owned by award-winning chef Dan Duris, who serves the best food in the area.
They always use fresh ingredients that make the cuisine burst with taste. The menu offers diverse options, from savory and aromatic curries to flavorful tacos, burgers, and sandwiches. A fully equipped bar and homemade desserts make this place complete.
- Must-try Items: Moroccan Lamb, Malai Kofta, Argentine Fajitas, Japanese Salmon.
- Hours: Thursday- Saturday (Lunch: 11:30 am to 4:00 pm), Friday- Saturday (Dinner: 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm), Sunday (Dinner: 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm).
Address: 117 Main Street, Lincoln, NH, United States
15. Fabyan’s Station – Bretton Woods, NH
Fabyan’s Station is a seasonal lounge with a miniature train serving pub food in a former train depot. Initially built in the late 80s as a train station. Fabyan’s Station has a rich history that adds charm and character. The restaurant offers stunning views of the nearby Presidential Range, including the iconic Mount Washington.
Their cuisine is a delightful blend of classic American fare and regional favorites. The menu offers diverse options, from hearty burgers and sandwiches to fresh seafood and steak. Along with a fully equipped bar area, Fabyan’s serves the best of drinks. There is also an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy the food.
- Must-try Items: New England clam chowder, Fabyan’s Station burger, Chicken wings.
- Hours: Thursday- Sunday: 11:30 am to 9:00 pm.
Address: US 302, Bretton Woods, NH 03575, United States
16. Cabin Fever Restaurant – Bartlett, NH
Cabin Fever Restaurant is a quaint, homey, and rustic eatery. It was recently purchased by Jen Staines and Jim Stoddard in 2019. This family-friendly refuge offers delicious food, a welcoming ambiance, and a good time. All the food prepared here is the caliber of their love for cooking.
From seafood to burgers, the Cabin Fever Restaurant serves various dishes. Among the seafood options on the menu, you will get dishes like broiled and fried fish, sweet sea scallops, flaky haddock, and whole belly clams.
There are half-pound sirloin burgers, chili with cheese, chips, and pizzas for diners who don’t like seafood. Altogether, it’s a perfect place for friends and families to enjoy a meal and create memories.
- Must-try Items: Fried Golden Clam Strips, Fried Haddock Filets, Meatloaf Dinner.
- Hours: Friday- Saturday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Thursday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Address: 1395 Main St/US Route 302 Bartlett, NH, 03812
17. Matty B’s Mountainside Cafe – Bartlett, NH
Matty B’s Mountainside Cafe is charming in the White Mountains’ heart. It offers a warm, inviting atmosphere, delicious homemade fare, and breathtaking mountain views. The interior features wood-paneled walls, comfortable seating, and large windows.
The menu here is a delightful mix of classic American dishes and creative culinary creations with a separate coffee shop. They use locally sourced ingredients and make diverse breakfast and lunch options that cater to various tastes.
From hearty breakfast burritos to delicious sandwiches and salads, there is everything. Reservation is recommended to enjoy this perfect combination of a beautiful ambiance and delicious food.
- Must-try Items: BBQ pork poutine, Guacamole, Classic buffalo wings, and Burgers.
- Hours: Thursday: 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Friday: 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Saturday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Closed May 1st to May 17th.
Address: 1 River Run Rd., Bartlett, NH 03812
Find Restaurants Near You
In conclusion, White Mountains, New Hampshire restaurants offer many options for all tastes and budgets. From rustic diners and cozy cafes to upscale restaurants and fine dining experiences, visitors can indulge in various cuisines and flavors. The local restaurants pride themselves on using fresh, locally sourced ingredients and providing excellent service in a welcoming atmosphere.