New Hampshire is a coastal state with a long fishing history, making it a haven for seafood lovers. Seafood restaurants in New Hampshire are scattered all over, making it easy for people to choose from many options. If you’re a seafood lover looking for a top-notch seafood dining experience, this is the right place.
These good seafood places serve the freshest and most delicious seafood in NH. Whether it is the craving for lobster, oysters, clams, or shrimp, these restaurants offer diverse seafood options. So, grab a bib, sit back, and get ready to discover the best seafood restaurants in New Hampshire.
List of 17 Top New Hampshire Seafood Restaurants
1. Brown’s Lobster Pound – Seabrook, New Hampshire
Brown’s Lobster Pound is a family-owned seafood restaurant serving for over 70 years. They are renowned for their fresh seafood, especially lobster. The restaurant showcases scenic river views with beautiful summer sunsets.
Their menu offers a wide selection of seafood dishes, including classic New England favorites such as clam chowder, fish and chips, and steamers. The lobster here is sourced locally and cooked to perfection. You can get it steamed, baked stuffed, or in a classic lobster roll.
The restaurant’s casual atmosphere is perfect and provides a picturesque view of the marshland. Dining inside or on deck will give an equally mesmerizing view. Booking for private events is always welcome, but they have an extended policy of only receiving cash.
- Famous Dishes: Lobster roll, Haddock sandwich, Calamari, Chowder.
- Hours: Friday & Saturday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm.
- Contact: 603-474-3331
- Nearby Attractions: Waterfront Park, Salisbury Beach Boardwalk.
Address: 407 NH Highway 286, Seabrook, NH 03874
2. Makris Lobster & Steak House – Concord, NH
Makris Lobster & Steak House started in the early 1900s as a simple restaurant and served quality meats by 1994. The menu includes various salads, soups, appetizers, sandwiches, and entrees. Unique lobster-based dishes for dinner include clambake, lazyman, and boiled dinner. Mashed potatoes, rice fries, and onion rings make up the extra add-ons.
Entertaining events conducted here are live music shows at the Cinco de Mayo Party. There are three private spaces for event organizations. Their large function room can accommodate 100 people. A small dining room is for small parties, and outdoor functions occur in their patio and tiki area. The steak and seafood market has fresh fish and lobsters for people to buy and take home.
- Famous Dishes: Haddock, Lobster Rolls, Scallops, Fried Clams, Blackened Swordfish, Coq au Vin with Roasted Potatoes, etc.
- Hours: Sunday: from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm, Wednesday to Thursday from 11 am to 8 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. Monday – Tuesday: Closed.
- Contact: 603- 225-7665
- Nearby Attractions: The Pierce Manse, Scenic Railriders
Address: 354 Sheep Davis Rd Concord, NH 03301
3. Johnson’s Seafood and Steak – New Durham, NH
Johnson’s Seafood and Steak is a popular family restaurant known for delicious seafood dishes. The restaurant’s atmosphere is warm and welcoming, with a rustic decor that reflects the surrounding New England landscape. It’s one of the best seafood restaurants in NH.
The dining room is spacious, with plenty of seating for large groups and families. An extensive outdoor patio area allows guests to enjoy their meals in the fresh air. The menu here features various dishes, including fresh seafood, hand-cut steaks, and classic American cuisine.
Along with its excellent food and atmosphere, Johnson’s Seafood and Steak is also known for its friendly and attentive service. This restaurant includes a small bakery for additional sweets. Options for getting gift cards for your loved ones are always welcome.
- Famous Dishes: Haddock sandwich, Lobster roll, Ice- cream, Fish & Chips.
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-859-7500
- Nearby Attractions: Gunstock Mountain Resort, Wentworth State Park.
Address: 69 State Route 11, New Durham, New Hampshire 03855
4. Newick’s Lobster House – Dover, NH
On the fertile beaches of Great Bay, Newick’s Lobster House opened its doors in 1948. John Newick started to work for himself as a lobsterman at Dover Point after the World War. At first, they were a small take-out counter, and they soon became this beautiful family-operated restaurant.
They offer fundamental principles of excellent cuisine, first-rate service, and a welcoming environment. The lobster roll is one of the classics served here, which has been in people’s hearts. The spacious surroundings make it easy to enjoy your meal with a waterfront view. Gift cards are also provided by them that can be obtained online.
- Famous Dishes: Cajun Haddock, Shrimp stuffed haddock, Lobster au Gratin.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-742-3205
- Nearby Attractions: Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, Portsmouth Escape Room.
Address: 431 Dover PT. Rd. Dover, NH
5. Petey’s Summertime Seafood – Rye, NH
Petey’s Summertime Seafood is an award-winning, kid-friendly eatery founded in 1990. They provide the freshest seafood year-round, from lobster and clams to shrimp, and are owned by Petey Aikens Jr. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere, with indoor and outdoor seating options.
Their outdoor seating area provides a stunning view of the ocean, which adds to the dining experience. The restaurant sources seafood from local fishermen and uses eco-friendly packaging for take-out orders. Petey’s hosts several events throughout the year and also provides space for private ones. Apart from delicious food, they serve the best beverages as well.
- Famous Dishes: The seafood platter, Grilled fish, Broiled fresh haddock.
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-433-1937
- Nearby Attractions: Seacoast Science Center, Portsmouth Escape Room.
Address: 1323 Ocean Blvd, Rye, NH 03870
6. Windjammers Seafood Restaurant – Rochester, NH
Windjammers Seafood has been a dining destination in a picturesque location by the river since 2001. They are known for their delicious seafood dishes with nautical themes. The welcoming environment, with cozy seats and warm lighting, promotes relaxation.
The menu has many items: fish, lobster, shrimp, clams, and shrimp. All of the dishes are made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant also provides various non-seafood options for customers who would rather not eat seafood.
Its ample portions and fair prices offer outstanding value for the money. You can get more out of their visits using the gift cards and rewards programs available here.
- Famous Dishes: Native shrimps, Whole belly clams, Lobster Tails, Sea scallops.
- Hours: Sunday- Thursday from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-332-9622
- Nearby Attractions: Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, Fort McClary State Historic Site.
Address: 240 Portland Street, Rochester, NH 03867
7. The Beach Plum – Epping, New Hampshire
The Beach Plum is a well-recognized seafood restaurant. This business has been a staple in the community since 1992, offering delicious food and treats. The atmosphere here is casual and laid-back, with comfortable seating and a lit space.
Although they sell all types of food, seafood is one of the most popular items on the menu. They serve fresh, locally sourced seafood that is cooked to perfection. From lobster rolls and fried clams to crab cakes and fish and chips, there is everything for every seafood lover.
Besides seafood, The Beach Plum also offers a variety of burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches. Ice cream is filled with flavors, which is a unique item here. Online order and delivery is an extended service provided by them. Portsmouth & Salem are the two other locations of the Beach Plum outlet.
- Famous Dishes: Clam roll, Chicken greek wrap, Tuna roll, Chunky lobster bisque.
- Hours: Monday – Thursday & Sunday from 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Friday – Saturday from 11:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-679-3200
- Nearby Attractions: Pawtuckaway State Park, Kingston State Park.
Address: 3 Brickyard Square, Epping, NH 03042
8. Weathervane Seafood Restaurant – Chichester, NH
Weathervane Seafood Restaurant is a beloved seafood destination serving fresh and delicious meals since 1969. Their focus is on locally sourced ingredients and expert preparation. The handy Chichester restaurant offers indoor and outdoor dining rooms and a full-service bar with three televisions.
The menu here serves mouth-watering seafood platters, which include various delicious options like fried shrimp, scallops, and haddock. Their lobster roll contains a generous portion of fresh meat on a buttery bun. There is a function area for hosting large parties, which is backed up with plenty of space for parking.
Weathervane has three outlets in New Hampshire and two in Dover and West Lebanon. Healthy dining is supported by them while providing a gluten-free menu.
- Famous Dishes: Little Shrimp, Fresh Fried Sea Scallops, Grilled Maple Salmon.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-225-4044
- Nearby Attractions: McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center, Canterbury Shaker Village.
Address: 379 Dover Rd. Route 4 Chichester, NH 03301
9. Al’s Seafood – North Hampton, New Hampshire
Al’s Seafood restaurant has been serving up delicious meals for many years. It has a counter service and an inside seating arrangement. The environment is laid-back, with a fireplace and an on-site market. They focus on freshly sourced seafood and friendly service.
The standout dish at Al’s Seafood is their lobster, which is served steamed or baked and can be ordered by the pound. Scallops are among the many additional seafood alternatives they provide.
Apart from seafood, Al’s offers a selection of sandwiches, salads, and pasta dishes for those who prefer other types of cuisine. They even have a kids’ menu that can be ordered and delivered to your home.
- Famous Dishes: Grilled Atlantic Salmon, Sauteed Maine Mussels, Fish Chowder.
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday from 11 am-7 pm, Friday-Saturday, 11 am-8 pm
- Contact: 603-964-9591
- Nearby Attractions: Portsmouth Escape Room, Fuller Gardens.
Address: 51 Lafayette Road (Rt 1), North Hampton, NH 03862
10. Surf Seafood Restaurant – Nashua, New Hampshire
Surf Restaurant is a modern seafood restaurant offering a unique dining experience since 2002. Surf has become a popular destination by using fresh ingredients and a modern take on classic dishes. Fresh fish are delivered by local fishermen, making their servings delicious every time.
The menu features a variety of creative seafood dishes, including items like sesame-seared tuna, lobster mac and cheese, and shrimp and grits. They also offer a raw bar featuring oysters, which can be ordered online. The atmosphere at Surf is sleek and modern, with a perfect chic interior.
Surf has an extensive wine list and cocktail menu, giving a variety of unique and creative drinks that perfectly complement your seafood dishes. The comfortable patio and lively vibe are hard to miss. Portsmouth and Woburn are the other locations of this restaurant.
- Famous Dishes: Roasted Brie and Bacon oysters, Sauteed sea scallops, Fried Tomato, and crispy Bacon salon.
- Hours: Tuesday -Sunday from 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Closed on Easter and Mondays.
- Contact: 603-595-9293
- Nearby Attractions: Mine Falls Park, Fun World.
Address: 207 Main Street, Nashua, NH
11. Jake’s Seafood & Grill – West Ossipee, New Hampshire
Jake’s Seafood & Grill is a family-run establishment with a well-deserved reputation for serving the best seafood in the neighborhood. The restaurant is named after the sweet memories of their beloved dog. Here, the atmosphere is extremely casual and inviting.
Jake’s menu has various classic seafood dishes, including various seafood delicacies. They use locally grown produce whenever possible, supporting the local community. Since 1994, Jake’s has successfully brought value to the customer and given back to society.
- Famous Dishes: Haddock Sandwich, Honey Sriracha Chicken Wrap, Shrimp Taco.
- Hours: Monday- Sunday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. Wednesday is Closed.
- Contact: 603-539-2805
- Nearby Attractions: White Lake State Park, White Lake Speedway.
Address: 2055 White Mountain Highway Rt. 16 West Ossipee, NH, US 03890
12. The Coach Stop Restaurant & Tavern – Londonderry, NH
The Coach Stop Restaurant & Tavern is a historic restaurant serving delicious meals since 1810. They focus on classic New England cuisine in a cozy, inviting atmosphere. They work with nearby farmers and fishermen to ensure their dishes are as flavorful as possible.
The interior with a fireplace is perfect for a casual dinner and a special one. With a beautiful seating area, Coach Stop serves various classic England dishes, including seafood chowder, lobster, and gluten-free. The extensive wines provided here complement your food in the best way possible. Events and private party hosting are always welcome by them.
- Famous Dishes: Homemade Clam Chowder, Scallops wrapped in Bacon, Crab cakes.
- Hours: Monday – Friday from 11:30 am – 9:00 pm, Saturday from 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Sunday from 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-437-2022
- Nearby Attractions: Benson Park, Currier Museum of Art.
Address: 176 Mammoth Rd, Londonderry, NH 03053
13. Sea Ketch Restaurant – Hampton Beach, NH
Sea Ketch Restaurant is known for its unique style of making seafood, and they are stepping into its 50th season of service. Delicious dishes are made for lunch and dinner, including appetizers, burgers, chicken, sandwiches, wraps, and salads with toppings. Crispy fried entrees are served here with French fries and coleslaw.
There is a separate menu for pick up, gluten-free lunch, and dinner. Drinks are available in cocktails, martinis, Red Bull, red & white wines, Draft beers, and seltzers.
Entertaining live music shows happen here where eminent artists like Ray Zerkle, Lewis Goodwin, and Ricky Lauria give rocking performances. The Seaside Arts & Crafts Market place allows people to sell their craftworks by booking separate stall booths. The outdoor deck offers a magnificent view of the ocean.
- Famous Dishes: Steaks, Lobster Rolls, Scallops, Baked Haddock, and Fried Clams.
- Hours: Monday – Sunday: from 11:00 am to 12 am
- Contact: 603- 926-0324
- Nearby Attractions: Strawbery Banke Museum, Explore the Ocean World Oceanarium.
Address: 127 Ocean Boulevard Hampton, NH 03842
14. Tuna Striker Pub – Seabrook, NH
Tuna Striker Pub is a popular seafood restaurant that has been serving up delicious dishes since its opening. It is a West-themed relaxed sitting serving American seafood, steak, chicken meals, and beverages. The co-owners, Merrilee Eastman and her son Matt Preston, made it an ideal summer spot.
They are known for their excellent selection of seafood dishes, including the fresh and succulent tuna the restaurant is named after. From classic New England clam chowder to grilled swordfish and lobster rolls, there is everything.
The interior is cozy and comfortable, with wooden tables, chairs, and nautical decor. Beautiful sunsets can be seen from the seacoast and fish port. Apparel, food, and gift card booking are available online through their website.
- Famous Dishes: Bleu Cheese Mussels, Grilled Atlantic Swordfish, Steak Tips, Pan Seared Sesame Ahi Tuna.
- Hours: (Spring & Fall hours) Thursday- Saturday from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm, ( Summer hours) Monday- Saturday from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm, and Sunday from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-474-7063
- Nearby Attractions: Waterfront Park, Salisbury Beach Boardwalk.
Address: 5 River Street, Seabrook, NH 03874
15. Hooked Seafood Restaurant – Manchester, NH
Hooked Seafood Restaurant is a top-rated lively seafood restaurant with a nautical design and a warm wooden bar. This upscale establishment is known for its high-quality seafood dishes and exceptional service. The restaurant’s decor is modern and chic, with sleek furnishings and contemporary artwork adorning the walls.
Here, the menu is extensive and features a variety of fresh seafood options, including oysters, lobster, and fish dishes. All of the seafood is sourced from local, sustainable fisheries.
Dining indoors and outdoors and delivery are available at Hooked Seafood Restaurant. An extensive drink menu is provided to include an added star to the already delicious dishes.
- Famous Dishes: Ignited Fried Calamari, Kahuna Tuna, Hooked Seafood Cakes.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 2:00 pm to 9:30 pm, Saturday from 12:00 pm to 9:30 pm, Sunday from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-644-0064
- Nearby Attractions: SEE Science Center, Livingston Park.
Address: 100 Hanover Street, Manchester, NH 03101
16. O Steaks & Seafood – Laconia, NH
O Steaks & Seafood is a beloved restaurant serving delicacies with a water view and patio. This restaurant is discussed due to its creative menu, welcoming atmosphere, and exceptional service. The interior is warm and inviting, with wooden beams and brick walls. It’s a good seafood restaurant in NH.
Various steaks, seafood, and other delicious dishes are made with the freshest ingredients. Classic Surf and turf-like innovative seafood creations like lobster mac and cheese exist.
In addition to the delicious cuisine, O Steaks & Seafood is known for its impressive wine & cocktail selection. Booking the space for a private function and gift cards are among their extended services.
- Famous Dishes: Ahi Tuna, Flash fried oysters, Laughing Bird Shrimp.
- Hours: Sunday- Saturday from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-524-9373
- Nearby Attractions: Opechee Park, Winnipesaukee Pier.
Address: 62 Doris Ray Court, Lakeport, NH 03247
17. Morrisseys’ Front Porch & Pub – Wolfeboro, NH
Morrissey’s Front Porch & Pub is a family eatery in the picturesque Lake Winnipesaukee. This charming establishment is known for its delicious food and drinks. The interior is decorated with classic New England touches, such as exposed brick walls, rustic wood accents, and cozy booths and tables.
The menu includes homemade Irish Bangers and Mash, homemade Guinness Beef Stew, and caraway soda bread. The classic pub fare is presented with a modern twist. Their kitchen uses only the freshest ingredients, and everything is cooked to order. Besides the food, Morrissey’s Front Porch & Pub is known for its impressive selection of craft beers and cocktails.
Morrissey’s serves the best ice creams from 30 diverse flavors. Online ordering and hosting special events are among the other services provided here.
- Famous Dishes: Seared Scallops in Clam Chowder, Poutine, wedge, Pub burger.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:30 am to 8:30 pm, and Sunday from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 603-569-3662
- Nearby Attractions: Wentworth State Park, Cate Park.
Address: 286 So. Main St., Wolfeboro, NH 03894
Find Seafood Restaurants Near You
Seafood restaurants in New Hampshire offer abundant mouth-watering foods that will please even the most discerning seafood lovers. This place has everything from classic lobster shacks to upscale fine dining establishments. The state’s coastal location ensures that the seafood served in these restaurants is fresh, flavorful, and locally sourced. So, whether you’re a local or a visitor to the state, be sure to check out these seafood restaurants in New Hampshire.